PDA

View Full Version : The 5th of July..

sandblasted
07-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Anyone else make it out on the water on the day after the 4th...?
We went to Lake San Antonio...There was no one there....Boat ramps were almost vacant and the water was like glass...Too bad I had problems with my boat and was only on the water for 15 minutes....at least we had another boat so still got to enjoy the lake..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/407Parking_lot-med.JPG
Almost vacant parking lot, only 3 trailers and a few others parked down below on the dirt next to ramp..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/407lonely_beach-med.JPG
on a weekend this beach would have tons of easy ups...but had it to ourselves yesterday, notice only 1 boat on the water in bacground..Man, it was great!!

Brian Ray
07-06-2004, 03:33 PM
We went out to Lake Ming for a few hours....I have some pic's put they're on the home computer. Will try to post them tonight when I get home.
It was our third time out in the boat....
On July 4th we ran into JetDriver and BIGAMIST on Kings River.

Uplink
07-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by sandblasted
Anyone else make it out on the water on the day after the 4th...?
We went to Lake San Antonio...There was no one there....Boat ramps were almost vacant and the water was like glass...Too bad I had problems with my boat and was only on the water for 15 minutes....at least we had another boat so still got to enjoy the lake..
Me and the wife were at Castaic on the 5th, beautiful day, nice water and not crowded. :) We like San Antonio too, great for camping, much more sites than Naci. glad you had fun, nice pics, Mark

JetBoatRich
07-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Looks great Greg:)
What's up with the boat?

sandblasted
07-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Looks great Greg:)
What's up with the boat?
Not sure...the engine revs just fine, boat will idle around and do 5-10mph no problem, get out of the no wake zone and hit it and it will go about 25-30 mph tops...but it revs to 5400rpm.. I thought I may have sucked up a stick or rock so I took it off the water, opened the cleanout and couldn't find anything.
Put it back in the water and it did the same thing...hope i don't have to take the jet apart!!

mtndewdrops
07-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Launched at 8:30 a.m. at Windsor. Went around the island toward Thompson Bay and it looked like a junkyard... beer cans, flip flops, spent fireworks, you name it, it was floatin out there. Pretty damn sad if you ask me. :mad:
KEEP HAVASU BEAUTIFUL
I always pick-up trash at the cove I spend time in...always looks better when I leave than when I arrived. I was snorkeling and dove 10-12 feet to reclaim some empty Bud Lite cans.
Saw quite a few boats in the afternoon, after the hangovers wore off.

JetBoatRich
07-07-2004, 04:26 AM
Not sure...the engine revs just fine, boat will idle around and do 5-10mph no problem, get out of the no wake zone and hit it and it will go about 25-30 mph tops...but it revs to 5400rpm.. I thought I may have sucked up a stick or rock so I took it off the water, opened the cleanout and couldn't find anything.
Put it back in the water and it did the same thing...hope i don't have to take the jet apart!!
That sucks:( ou going to check it yourself?

Mrs Luvnlife
07-07-2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by mtndewdrops
Launched at 8:30 a.m. at Windsor. Went around the island toward Thompson Bay and it looked like a junkyard... beer cans, flip flops, spent fireworks, you name it, it was floatin out there. Pretty damn sad if you ask me. :mad:
KEEP HAVASU BEAUTIFUL
So true....we went to Laughlin over the weekend and drove to Havasu on Saturday and walked through the channel and there were nothing but beer cans and bottles just thrown along the walk outside Kokomos and all along the walk through the channel!! If you can drink it.......be human enough to dispose of it! It looked like $hit!! :eek: :mad:
Now to get on the thread topic :D.......no lake for us, we had to drive home on the 5th! :(

sandblasted
07-07-2004, 06:44 PM
I grew up hunting and camping and one of the things my dad and his friends taught us kids was to always clean up our camp site even it was left over crap from the previous group...I make my kids do the same thing today...Too bad so many other people are too lazy to follow that simple rule...:(

QuickJet
07-07-2004, 06:51 PM
I had the same problem last year. I tore the inspection cover off too and found nothing. What I did find was a nice rock stuck in my intake grate. Took it out and has run great ever since.