PDA

View Full Version : Wreck on Rice

Starloans
07-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Anyone see that wreck on Rice yesterday about 1:30? I pulled up 15-20 minutes after it happened. About 15-20 miles from 10. Looked like red honda car took a beating, several rolls and was several feet from the road. The meat copter was on approch as we went by. There was a SUV with rearend damage also. My theory, red honda car was passing several cars at once when SUV decided to pull out and pass taking it in the ass from red honda car. There was a dipty doo right there also. I could see one person with multiple body braces on as we passed.
On another note, driving out Thursday night I was the lead of several cars well above the speed limit, not towing. A Ford pulling a Water Rod 26-28 Cat passed everyone. Based on my speed I estimated his speed towing at 90 when he went by. No kidding :eek: When he passed me I thought what the hell am I doing and slowed down to 75. He passed just before the railroad tracks and never touched the brakes when he crossed. That's good for your boat. Of course everyone started to pass me. Not that important to die trying to get to the lake.

Ziggy
07-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Starloans
When he passed me I thought what the hell am I doing and slowed down to 75. He passed just before the railroad tracks and never touched the brakes when he crossed. That's good for your boat. Of course everyone started to pass me. Not that important to die trying to get to the lake.
Never good to hear about accidents on that road, hopefully nobody was fatally injured.
2nd note---75 is all I drive on that road anymore and less when I tow.
3rd note-haulin'-A over the tracks is a good way to loose your load...take a close look at the ground aroung the tracks...you'll see where plenty of trailers have disconnected themselves there...don't be the next one with a sob story.
Drive with your head straight, take your time the lake ain't going away.

shadow
07-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
Was it a brand new black Harley Davidson Ford?
I know who you're thinking,his boat was already at the river.
It's been there over a month.
That the first thing I thought too.:eek:

Starloans
07-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
Was it a brand new black Harley Davidson Ford?
Na. It was a substantially lifted 2 or 350. I think it was white. Diesel.

Kilrtoy
07-06-2004, 04:23 PM
I saw the pontoon on rice at the 29 plams turn out, flipped off the trailer laying on its side..... must have just happened, the CHP was barely at desert center and the 10 fwy hauling in that direction when I got there.

Krazy K
07-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Starloans
Na. It was a substantially lifted 2 or 350. I think it was white. Diesel.
Oh, THAT narrows it down!!!:D :D :D :D