PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin/Mohave this weekend?

RiverForUs
07-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Anyone else going to be out there?
We're heading out Thursday night the 8th and coming home on Monday the 12th. Staying at the Belle and boating on Mohave Fri-Sun.
We can usually be found in Newberry Cove (one cove up-river/lake from Telephone Cove Nevada-side), Gasoline Alley, or down in the no-wake zone by the dam.

HOOTER SLED-
07-07-2004, 09:18 AM
I wish. Lucky bastard!!!!:D Have fun.

hd&boatrider
07-07-2004, 09:22 AM
I will be out with a few friends this weekend. Probably end up in Gasoline Ally at some point. If you see us stop by and say hi.
Were you out there a couple of weeks ago? I think I saw your boat in GA cruising thru.
Tom

RiverForUs
07-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
I will be out with a few friends this weekend. Probably end up in Gasoline Ally at some point. If you see us stop by and say hi.
Were you out there a couple of weeks ago? I think I saw your boat in GA cruising thru.
Tom
Tom,
I was out there for 7 days starting the Monday after Father's Day, 6/21 thru 6/27. I saw a Tremor in GA but I thought you said you were in a golf tourney in AZ at that time. Were you by youself? The Tremor I saw in GA had a guy by himself and he was digging thru his cd's. Was that you?
Please post a pic of your boat (so I don't have to do a search) so I know what to look for.

hd&boatrider
07-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by RiverForUs
Tom,
I was out there for 7 days starting the Monday after Father's Day, 6/21 thru 6/27. I saw a Tremor in GA but I thought you said you were in a golf tourney in AZ at that time. Were you by youself? The Tremor I saw in GA had a guy by himself and he was digging thru his cd's. Was that you?
Please post a pic of your boat (so I don't have to do a search) so I know what to look for.
lol...Yes, that was me. I headed out for the purpose of cleaning the boat out real good, heading to the golf tournament and just had to take it out :). I was playing music for the cove, taking requests and so forth. Next time stop and say hi. If you see me this weekend definitly stop by. I will be with a couple of friends.
Here's the boat at Cottonwood.....this picture doesn't do the colors justice.....
http://www.mikesnetworking.net/sitebuilder/images/toms-shockwave-618x462.jpg

RiverForUs
07-07-2004, 10:50 PM
I thought about you and the Tremor but I just knew you were golfing. I think I even remember that hat in your pic. Well maybe it was a different one but if I remember right you were wearing a hat when I saw you.
I'll be out with my wife, 2 boys, mom, wife's sister, her husband and 3 kids, and his brother and g/f. Usually make several trips a day to GA. We typically launch at Telephone and go to a cove straight across the lake and up one cove, Newberry Cove if I remember correctly.
I'm sure i'll see you out there.

Umongus
07-07-2004, 11:56 PM
I'll be out there as well form the 8th to the 12th. This will be my first time there and am looking forward to it. Anyone have a bad experience leaving stuff (canopies, etc) in a cove somewhere to "save" my spot for the weekend. Not sure exactly where I'll be or how to get there, but I'll get there. Staying at Harahs in Laughlin and launching at Katherines. Any advice for a new guy?????? I'll be in the boat with a roll bar, you can never be too protected (red/wht Ski Supreme). It's not a ***boat but it floats and thats good enough for me for now....:)
Tony M

SoCalHD
07-08-2004, 09:22 AM
RFU, My wife and I will be out there starting the 11th until the 16th. We will be staying at the Ramada. We always go to the Belle to eat dinner at the Boiler Room!! Maybe see ya on Sunday?

hd&boatrider
07-08-2004, 09:24 AM
There is a problem with leaving stuff in coves and getting it ripped off from time to time. Pack it in and pack it out or just stay on the water overnight.
Originally posted by Umongus
I'll be out there as well form the 8th to the 12th. This will be my first time there and am looking forward to it. Anyone have a bad experience leaving stuff (canopies, etc) in a cove somewhere to "save" my spot for the weekend. Not sure exactly where I'll be or how to get there, but I'll get there. Staying at Harahs in Laughlin and launching at Katherines. Any advice for a new guy?????? I'll be in the boat with a roll bar, you can never be too protected (red/wht Ski Supreme). It's not a ***boat but it floats and thats good enough for me for now....:)
Tony M

RiverForUs
07-08-2004, 06:54 PM
..in a few minutes. Hope to see you guys out on the lake. Only once in the past 15 years going on the lake have we had stuff taken. A few beach chairs and not much else. I believe it was the same year we also had problems in Needles but that are is accessable by truck so I guess that was to be expected.
Every trip for us is a family trip so I'll be out there with the wife, mom, my 2 boys (6 and 3 1/2), my b-i-l & s-i-l and there 3 kids (4, 10, & 13). Wave me down if you see the boat in my avatar. Not easy to miss.

Umongus
07-14-2004, 04:18 AM
Well,
Back safe and sound and happy to report nothing got stolen from our little camp. Nice lake, but Katherines Landing is a zoo. We launched early so got on quick...taking the boat off, however, is a diferent story. I couldn't believe how long that line gets after 9:00am.
Tony M.

DryHeatOnly
07-14-2004, 06:24 AM
Well,
Back safe and sound and happy to report nothing got stolen from our little camp. Nice lake, but Katherines Landing is a zoo. We launched early so got on quick...taking the boat off, however, is a diferent story. I couldn't believe how long that line gets after 9:00am.
Tony M.
What time did you launch? We're going to arrive at Katherine's at 7 on Saturday. Think we'll be on the water before 8?

hd&boatrider
07-14-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by DryHeatOnly
What time did you launch? We're going to arrive at Katherine's at 7 on Saturday. Think we'll be on the water before 8?
You should be just fine at 7A......You should beat the crowds at that time with no problem.

FRENCHIE
07-14-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
You should be just fine at 7A......You should beat the crowds at that time with no problem.
hd is right ive never ben more than 6 -8 boats back at seven a.m. no probs....still gives you an hour!;)

Umongus
07-14-2004, 09:42 AM
We launched before 8:00 each day and were only 5 or 6 boats back at most. The ramp is 6 lanes wide and went prety quick. if you're there by 7:00 you should have no problem at all. Have Fun out there.......
Tony M.

FRENCHIE
07-14-2004, 12:07 PM
you said it!!;)

RiverForUs
07-15-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by DryHeatOnly
....you planning to pull it out of the water? If it's during the busy time, I'd suggest using Telephone Cove. We use Telephone exclusively. Oftentimes when we pull out of Telephone and get out to the main road, the retrieval line for Katherine's is all the way back up to the Ranger station. Must be an hour wait from there and I just backed right in at Telephone with no wait!

THATJEFFGUY
07-15-2004, 08:47 PM
We'll be boating at Mohave Mon-Fri..staying at the Edgewater, launching at Katherines. Hopefully the lines at the ramp won't be too bad during the week, maybe I'll even attempt to get a slip..think I'll have any luck ?

redneckgirl
07-15-2004, 08:49 PM
RFU,
Met Pat today... Had to take our extreme trailer to him and Travis for warranty repair... shaft seal leak on the oil bath hub... Thye were more than helpful and friendly... We will are going to buy our son a wake board probably for X-Mas and will definetly get the liquid force from them... Hope you had a great vacation at the river... We are going on Thursday to Havasu for the Shockwave Regatta :D :D
RNG

RiverForUs
07-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
RFU,
Met Pat today... Had to take our extreme trailer to him and Travis for warranty repair... shaft seal leak on the oil bath hub... Thye were more than helpful and friendly... We will are going to buy our son a wake board probably for X-Mas and will definetly get the liquid force from them... Hope you had a great vacation at the river... We are going on Thursday to Havasu for the Shockwave Regatta :D :D
RNG
RNG
I actually haven't been up there to see his shop yet. Was going to go last weekend when we didn't think any of our invitees were going to make it to Laughlin but my sis-in-law told us at the last minute her family was going. It was all good as we had a great time and I got to meet Tom (HD&Boatrider) in Gasoline Alley. (It was great to meet you Tom. I think you're the 2nd person I've met face-to-face from the boards since most people go to Havasu and we're Laughlin locals and prefer the family outings to the party scene.)
Our next river trip is planned for July 30 to August 8. So far nobody else is going until the 2nd weekend so we may head up to Paso for the 1st weekend of vacation. I'll let you know if we head up that way.
RFU

redneckgirl
07-16-2004, 04:55 AM
RNG
I actually haven't been up there to see his shop yet. Was going to go last weekend when we didn't think any of our invitees were going to make it to Laughlin but my sis-in-law told us at the last minute her family was going. It was all good as we had a great time and I got to meet Tom (HD&Boatrider) in Gasoline Alley. (It was great to meet you Tom. I think you're the 2nd person I've met face-to-face from the boards since most people go to Havasu and we're Laughlin locals and prefer the family outings to the party scene.)
Our next river trip is planned for July 30 to August 8. So far nobody else is going until the 2nd weekend so we may head up to Paso for the 1st weekend of vacation. I'll let you know if we head up that way.
RFU
His shop is really nice!!! If you come to Paso during that time the Mid State Fair is going on... You can always find a good time there... Let us know!!!:D
RNG

dicudmore
07-16-2004, 07:03 AM
RNG
RFU
Hey John RFU I've seen your boat at mohave by davis dam or GA or maybe both....
Introduce yourself if you see us out there, we're there often.
29' Cheetah. There is a 23 domn8r out there with the same graphics, I don't know them.
-Dan
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/uploads/post-6-41119-dmore.JPG

RiverForUs
07-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
His shop is really nice!!! If you come to Paso during that time the Mid State Fair is going on... You can always find a good time there... Let us know!!!:D
RNG
RNG,
Been to the fair several times many years ago. Lotsa fun. As it looks now, we don't have anyone going to the river with us that first weekend so we might be up there sometime between July 30 and Aug 2 or 3. We have a 3rd cousin from Canyon Lake down here who will be up at the Delta the week prior to that and also going to Paso around the 30th on his way home. He said he & Pat were maybe going to hit Naci Sunday morning the 1st to get some boarding in. i might just be there with them.
Dan,
I'm pretty sure I saw you in the no wake zone by the dam a few weekends ago. It would have been the weekend after Father's Day, around June 26 or 27. I think you said you were out with friends staying at the Ramada maybe? Anyway, we exchanged waves so I thought it was you (coulda been the Domn8er though)

PlyaPlya22
07-17-2004, 11:45 AM
We launched before 8:00 each day and were only 5 or 6 boats back at most. The ramp is 6 lanes wide and went prety quick. if you're there by 7:00 you should have no problem at all. Have Fun out there.......
Tony M.
That's the way to do it

dicudmore
07-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Dan,
I'm pretty sure I saw you in the no wake zone by the dam a few weekends ago. It would have been the weekend after Father's Day, around June 26 or 27. I think you said you were out with friends staying at the Ramada maybe? Anyway, we exchanged waves so I thought it was you (coulda been the Domn8er though) [/B]
Yep I was there that weekend. I was a little delirious when I got to the dam. Launched at willow, went up to hoover then
50-55 all the way to davis, no beer stop no nothing. Hung out in the cove there a few hours then blasted back up to willow and back to vegas for the evening.
Next time will introduce ourselves proper

RiverForUs
07-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
Next time will introduce ourselves proper
Sounds good. Our next trip is July 30 - Aug 8.