PDA

View Full Version : Interior Carpet

JetBoatRich
07-07-2004, 02:43 AM
I was forced to replace my carpet thie week:( what & where did you get your carpet?

ahhell
07-07-2004, 05:29 AM
believe it or not, Lowes had a small selection of marine carpet, i got some black for the trailer, and i think they had a light blue and a sandy color also...brain cells damaged... cant remember all;)

JetBoatRich
07-07-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by ahhell
believe it or not, Lowes had a small selection of marine carpet, i got some black for the trailer, and i think they had a light blue and a sandy color also...brain cells damaged... cant remember all;)
Thanks I will hit Lowes, I also am doing the bunks this week. I was in Home Depot and they did not have much to look at:confused:

79 HUSTLER
07-07-2004, 06:04 AM
Rich, there is an upholstry shop just South of Ave L on 10th street west. I am unsure of the name but they share the same building (very end of this unit) as a marine shop that used to be on the corner. They have quite a selection of marine carpet in different colors and grades. If you don't know the area I am talking about let me know and I will dig up the names or swing by there in a bit.. You might also want to go to Mallots (Sierra Hwy just North of ave M) as they also stock alot but are a little bit more in price. KELLY

JetBoatRich
07-07-2004, 06:14 AM
Kelly,
I don't recall the shop you are talking about. If it is in the builing Valley Marine used to be at, it won't be hard to find. If you find the name I can send the wife by to check it out.

79 HUSTLER
07-07-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Kelly,
I don't recall the shop you are talking about. If it is in the builing Valley Marine used to be at, it won't be hard to find. If you find the name I can send the wife by to check it out.
Yes that is the name of the marine shop, Valley Marine was on the west corner and the upholstry shop is on the very east corner. It is Bobs Upholstry and the address is 42600 10th street west. I have had good luck finding stuff with them, just takes them a while as that place is stocked to the rim. KELLY

Desert Rat
07-07-2004, 06:55 AM
Rich
The shop on L now has a window tinting business where Valley marine was. You might also want to check out Malotts upholstry on Sierra Hwy between L-M right next to Richards boat service. I seen him doing carpet last week in a boat.

NorCal Gameshow
07-07-2004, 07:02 AM
lowes up here has it... it's not very heavy. which makes it easier to work with, but it won't last as long.
if you plan on keeping your boat for a while go to an upholstery shop

JetBoatRich
07-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Desert Rat
Rich
The shop on L now has a window tinting business where Valley marine was. You might also want to check out Malotts upholstry on Sierra Hwy between L-M right next to Richards boat service. I seen him doing carpet last week in a boat.
I will call Malott tomorrow and check them out.

beyondhelpin
07-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Check out Cabelas online. I just bought their 28 oz premier carpet and I am extremely satisfied with it.