PDA

View Full Version : Mead 7/10

Kachina26
07-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Anyone gonna be out? I plan to meet Dicudmore out at Hallet beach. Staying up at the Hacienda.

Big_Gunz_
07-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Hello,
I'm new to HB and would enjoy meeting some people here. I'll be up there with another family on Friday, staying to Sunday. Not sure which launch ramp we'll be using because we're staying at the Fiesta this time, we normally stay at the Hacienda. I'll be in a Monterey 218 and my buddy has a Chapparal deck boat.
Big_Gunz_

Kachina26
07-07-2004, 01:42 PM
Do you know how to find Hallet beach?

Big_Gunz_
07-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Sorry, don't know to get there, but with directions, we can find the place.

Kachina26
07-07-2004, 02:25 PM
I will look at my map at home and do my best. If you are launching from Las Vegas Marina, you go out through the narrows and make left. I will do better when I get home.

Big_Gunz_
07-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Thanks for info, I'm looking at a map now and it shouldn't be a problem finding it. We'll be on the water early Saturday and start heading that way around noon.

Kachina26
07-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanx T&B, Keep an eye out for me Big. You can't miss me (see my sig). I'm launching early Sat and probably headin straight for HB. You gonna be out T&B?

Big_Gunz_
07-07-2004, 10:05 PM
will do, I'm sure I won't miss it. My boat is white with a large black stripe with different color graphics in the middle. My buddy's boat is all white.

Kachina26
07-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Well, I had a great time out at Mead. It was my 3rd try. I made a wrong turn on the way out and ended up in Cauville (I think) anyway I finally found the Hacienda. It's a nice place, not fancy but nice. The fan in my bathroom was inop, so once I dropped the duece that I had been sitting on since Barstow the room was toast and the wife was............well...........less than happy. OK, TMI. We rushed to get up early Saturday morning so as to beat the rush at the ramp. What a laugh, there was no one there. Well at least compared to Havasu. We launched an headed out for Hallet beach we found it fast but figured that we were at the wrong spot since Dicudmore wasn't there. That's another story that he can tell. So I went south and headed further east. I passed Temple bar and got almost into the nest set of narrows when I realized I had gone too far. So I gathered my bearings and headed back to what I knew was Hallet beach. There I met Big-Gunz and his crew. Great people. They showed me around the lake a bit since they are regulars. We found a nice sandy beach, but it was filled with less than desireable people. Some jackball decided it would be fun to spray his buddy's boat with his waverunner, well he missed and did mine instead. I let it go for awhile, but decided to go over and let him know that just wasn't cool . He apologized and explained he thought my big bright yellow and green boat looked much like his friends red and white bayliner. What ever just so long as it ain't happening again. I'm not a fighter and wasn't looking for one. We went out Sunday and found a nice DEEP cove in the narrows and just relaxed for a few hours. I am definately gonna do Mead again. What a change of pace from the Zoo! I only saw maybe 6-8 hot boats, all the rest were production boats or big yachts. Just seemed strange. No it's no Debbolas report, but it's gonna have to do. I might post a few pics later.

Goldilocks
07-12-2004, 08:25 PM
I thought I saw your boat. I was out there on my friend's boat. You were anchored in a cove, or by Hallett beach I think.

Kachina26
07-12-2004, 08:36 PM
I was near Hallet beach on Saturday and in a cove in the Narrows on Sunday.

Big_Gunz_
07-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Glad you had a good time on Saturday, we sure did. We went back to the sandy beach on Sunday to find just a handfull of people. Hung out of a few hours than spent the rest of the afternoon skiing and wakeboarding. Let me know when you head out there again, we'll try and meet you up there.

Goldilocks
07-12-2004, 08:51 PM
We were out there on Saturday in my friend's 28' Commander Cat. Mead is a really nice lake. It's definitely different from Havasu. Glad you had a good time.

Kachina26
07-12-2004, 09:01 PM
orange and purple cat? You cruised through the cove I was in on Saturday.

Goldilocks
07-12-2004, 09:07 PM
No, but I saw that boat out there also. His boat is white and blue.

dicudmore
07-12-2004, 09:30 PM
SORRY I MISSED YOU OUT THERE RANDY :(
Did I mention along with the bearing on my buddies trailer, tearing my feet up, there's something wrong with my f-ing B1X drive...
they pulled it today to check alignment etc 4 the 20-hr dealio, called me and said the bellows was full of water so its gonna need u-joints etc...
We found a nice sandy beach, but it was filled with less than desireable people.
that is what we mead regulars call a-hole beach ;)

Kachina26
07-13-2004, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Goldilocks
No, but I saw that boat out there also. His boat is white and blue.
Did you cruise into the cove by the narrows Saturday afternoon and beach it for a few minutes?

Kachina26
07-13-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
Did I mention along with the bearing on my buddies trailer, tearing my feet up, there's something wrong with my f-ing B1X drive...
they pulled it today to check alignment etc 4 the 20-hr dealio, called me and said the bellows was full of water so its gonna need u-joints etc...
Warranty I hope??????

FRENCHIE
07-13-2004, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
new name...."excuses Cudmore!":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

dicudmore
07-13-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
new name...."excuses Cudmore!":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
ok mr funny guy.....
I told ya's I'll try and make the run saturday, that means driving 300 miles to henderson to pick up the boat thats hopefully done...
hauling ass from there over the dam to willow beach and dropping in there, hopefully before you guys have headed back down river ;)
we still on for the 24th wkd out there also?
maybe I'll bring the back-up boat in case the Cheetah's not done.
If you see a 24' Sun-Tracker aiming at you on the lake, thats me :D

Goldilocks
07-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Did you cruise into the cove by the narrows Saturday afternoon and beach it for a few minutes?
Yeah, it was too muddy where we beached it so we left for another beach.

Debbolas
07-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Well, I had a great time out at Mead. It was my 3rd try. I made a wrong turn on the way out and ended up in Cauville (I think) anyway I finally found the Hacienda. It's a nice place, not fancy but nice. The fan in my bathroom was inop, so once I dropped the duece that I had been sitting on since Barstow the room was toast and the wife was............well...........less than happy. OK, TMI. We rushed to get up early Saturday morning so as to beat the rush at the ramp. What a laugh, there was no one there. Well at least compared to Havasu. We launched an headed out for Hallet beach we found it fast but figured that we were at the wrong spot since Dicudmore wasn't there. That's another story that he can tell. So I went south and headed further east. I passed Temple bar and got almost into the nest set of narrows when I realized I had gone too far. So I gathered my bearings and headed back to what I knew was Hallet beach. There I met Big-Gunz and his crew. Great people. They showed me around the lake a bit since they are regulars. We found a nice sandy beach, but it was filled with less than desireable people. Some jackball decided it would be fun to spray his buddy's boat with his waverunner, well he missed and did mine instead. I let it go for awhile, but decided to go over and let him know that just wasn't cool . He apologized and explained he thought my big bright yellow and green boat looked much like his friends red and white bayliner. What ever just so long as it ain't happening again. I'm not a fighter and wasn't looking for one. We went out Sunday and found a nice DEEP cove in the narrows and just relaxed for a few hours. I am definately gonna do Mead again. What a change of pace from the Zoo! I only saw maybe 6-8 hot boats, all the rest were production boats or big yachts. Just seemed strange. No it's no Debbolas report, but it's gonna have to do. I might post a few pics later.
It's a very good report!
Isn't it awsome how there are no launch lines at that lake! The only bummer is, some of the beaches aren't that great (sinking up to your knees in mud with tiny rocks cutting your legs/feet)
I wasn't too thrilled with the Hacienda. We camped at Echo Bay next time, and MAN did my dinner taste good, compared to the hotel food!
:D
Don't you find Lake Mead is an awful long drive for just a weekend? I think it is more of a 3-4 day lake trip.;)

Kachina26
07-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Lake Mead 224 door to door, lake havasu 236 door to door. Pretty much all the same to me except my boat lives in havasu so I have to make special arrangements to go to Mead. Oh yeah and the Baker grade.....................Wow!

Kachina26
07-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Goldilocks
Yeah, it was too muddy where we beached it so we left for another beach.
Yeah, I chuckled at the mud you guys kicked up when you left:D I gave up on beaching it and just tossed anchor and diapered up in a life vest.