PDA

View Full Version : Need jet boat service shop in the Salinas area

hd&boatrider
07-07-2004, 10:02 AM
My brother needs to have some regulat maint work done on his Southwind jet in the Salinas area. Any recommendations?

Robbie Racer
07-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Don't know of anybody in Salinas but if he doesn't mind towing it north a little ways, I would recommend Pleasure Boat Specialties in San Jose. Glen does a lot of work on all types of jet boats. His number is 408-432-0217.
Keith

hd&boatrider
07-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Robbie Racer
Don't know of anybody in Salinas but if he doesn't mind towing it north a little ways, I would recommend Pleasure Boat Specialties in San Jose. Glen does a lot of work on all types of jet boats. His number is 408-432-0217.
Keith
Thanks I will pass it on. He had considered bringing it down to GS Marine but I told him it would be better to find someone up there based on logistics.

77charger
07-07-2004, 06:47 PM
try walts i am pretty sure he is near that area but have heard good things from him.

WUTWZAT
07-07-2004, 08:46 PM
www.jetboatperformance.com they are located in Atascadero, CA they did the pump and motor in my boat along with the wiring. Not a bit of problems with any of the work. Great prices, and easy to work with. Tom, knows his stuff and helps everyone out and lets you know your options and the pros and cons of each. Only thing I regret is not having him do my place diverter while the boat was there. Tell him Jason with the yellow jet ranger sent you. He's got a great web site and its a total family shop, him, his wife and son.
Jason

Boomer
07-08-2004, 07:14 AM
Walt was in Modesto, I think he retired he is a good guy. Tom at jet boat performance is good to. I bought my Sanger from him and he fixed it when I had some problems at no cost to me.

hd&boatrider
07-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Thanks again everybody. I sent him a link to here to check it out. I think he is going to a shop in Moss Landing and he will go from there.