PDA

View Full Version : Another Drinking & Boating Poll.....

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Yep folks it's time to see where people stand on this issue again...
RTJas :D

Windy
07-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Jason...Jason...Jason.

copperrat20
07-07-2004, 03:12 PM
Drink only in the begining of the day if I drink any at all. Maybe one or two at most. Then I just drink water and soda the rest of the day and relax.

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by MissHBjet
Jason...Jason...Jason.
Whaaaat???? :cool:
Hey Windy, your next post is #2,000!!! http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/909er.gif

jackpunx
07-07-2004, 03:15 PM
I dont drink.. But if I did .. I would :D

mirvin
07-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Drinking is not the problem. The problem is what you do when you're drunk. You just have to plan your day, you know, like you plan your LIFE!! What, you don't plan your life??? Uhhh, maybe you shouldn't be drinking;)
mirvin

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Is this poll for drivers only?
Jason is always sober so my answer would have to be YES, I always drink. :D
Oh, I just re-read the poll. Nevermind me.

Mrs. Restless22
07-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
Is this poll for drivers only?
Jason is always sober so my answer would have to be YES, I always drink. :D
Oh, I just re-read the poll. Nevermind me.
Im with her on this one....:D :p :D

welk2party
07-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Considering I used to throw em back strong, I have cut way down. Only a couple of drinks here and there. What I usually do since I am a vodka drinker, is drink the same drink as everyone else minus the alcohol. That way it feel like I am partying with everyone. I guess I am easy to fool.

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Restless22
Im with her on this one....:D :p :D
LOL - except the question specifically is - you Drink & Drive your boat??? Not do you Drink & Ride in boats! ;)

77charger
07-07-2004, 03:24 PM
I have changed my habits:D as far as driving goes but not once i have a dd or am done drivng for the day:D

GlastronGuy
07-07-2004, 03:25 PM
I will only take 4 beers out with me for the day. I alternate between beer, water and Gatorade.

Boozer
07-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Getting hammered while boating is something i did a lot of last season. This season, the few times I have had the boat out I have had maybe 1 or 2 beers. If I were to launch in Havasu I would not have a single beer. Way to many cops out there and drinking a couple beers just isnt worth the risks involved.

Phat Matt
07-07-2004, 03:26 PM
I'll drink beers, waters, and gatorades during the day and if we are going to be somewhere for a while I'll mix up a cocktail. Unless I am at op6c with a bunch of alcoholics then it cocktails for everyone. :eek: :D
Sluricane anyone? ;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
LOL - except the question specifically is - you Drink & Drive your boat??? Not do you Drink & Ride in boats! ;)
If you makes you feel any better, I didn't vote cuz I couldn't choose an asnwer that applied to drinking and boating. :p
Jason, don't be a hater cuz we get to drink and ride! :D

Mrs. Restless22
07-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Ive had to drive before cuz the Mr. drank to much, I was a hater that day :p :D

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
Jason, don't be a hater cuz we get to drink and ride! :D
LOL! Well you can start your own poll, asking who drinks & rides in boats, but you don't have to, because I can tell you the outcome.... ;) :D :p

riverbound
07-07-2004, 03:35 PM
I will have a few beers while out boating, but I dont get hammered anymore, not worth the risk.

Slick
07-07-2004, 03:49 PM
My vote was a little skewed because I never really drank much when I was doing the driving. I usually stick to my 3 beer limit (sometimes four depending on how long we're out) and then switch to Sharps.
I did deviate from the limit last year on one particular weekend, but always switched to the sharps a good couple hours before hittin' the throttle.

eliminatedsprinter
07-07-2004, 03:49 PM
The way I do it is; I'll have a beer right after each time I drive the boat as long as I know there will be an hour or more before I take it out again.:cool:

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Perhaps we need another poll....
What's the Drunkest you've ever driven a boat????
1 > "I see three rivers, which one should we take?"
2 > "Sorry bud, I'll back it off, I thought that was my trailer."
3 > "HEY EVERYONE - Look at my ass!"
4 > "I think I'm ok to drive."
5 > "my last drink was hours ago."
6 > "I drank last night."
7 > "I look down my nose at people who drink alcohol."
LOL! :D :p

mirvin
07-07-2004, 04:00 PM
I've taken 2 hours to get somewhere that should've only taken 20 minutes becuase I drank too much. But since I'm not too stoopid to realize I was buzzed I just idled along the shoreline for 2 hours. THe people in my boat were happy about it and so were the people I didn't run over.
Not saying it's ok, but......
mirvin;)

Ziggy
07-07-2004, 04:02 PM
If I do have something to drink it would be early in the day and not planning on leaving that spot for hours....after a few its H2O the rest of the way.
I can't be taking chances with my family and/or anyone elses that might be on the lake. I have eyes in the back of my head cuz I wanna see who's around me.
And I guess #5 on your second poll would be most appropriate, closest to reality I suppose.:rolleyes: Emphasis on hours though:D

ahhell
07-07-2004, 04:26 PM
isnt it two beers then one water cuz the one water will erase one of the beers, then two beers then one water cuz....Hell, i can barley control the boat sober, much less intoximacted, so I drink light beer and usually someone else's:D

carreraelite
07-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Don't drink and drive.......
you might spill your drink, and that would be alcohol abuse!! :D

Jrocket
07-07-2004, 04:40 PM
No alcohol and driving at all for me.:)

Kilrtoy
07-07-2004, 04:40 PM
I answered yes my habits have not changed
to your question and I get smashed sometimes,
But if you wrote
DO YOU DRINK AND THEN DRIVE YOUR BOAT
I would have answered no,
That is what the wife is for.....
Question is worded wrong:eek!:

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
But if you wrote
"Do you drink & drive in your boat" is different than, "do you drink & THEN drive your boat" ??? :confused: Splain Lucy......
RTJas

Kilrtoy
07-07-2004, 04:50 PM
"Do you drink & drive in your boat" is different than, "do you drink & THEN drive your boat" ??? :confused: Splain Lucy......
RTJas
You wrote and then drive in your boat......
the
"IN" needs to be removed
So yes I do drive IN my boat from the passenger seat in the front, rear or side.....

JetBoatRich
07-07-2004, 04:50 PM
But if you wrote
She drives back to the dock then you hold the boat while she backs down the trailer:(
I ask this because last year at the lake, I seen test on the person driving a trailer for boat pickup:eek:

AZKC
07-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Cut back to just a few during the day. But once the sun starts to set watch out...
Worst thing that somebody told me I did while OWI...I drove across a small sand bar about 6 inches deep and made it across then got lost trying to find the beach by the restaurant and almost banged a wall and this was in the no wake zone idling at about 10pm and was only about 300 yards from camp. Needless to say BC keeps the keys at night time now. I got lucky on that one don't do that no more :D

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 04:52 PM
You wrote and then drive in your boat......
the
"IN" needs to be removed
So yes I do drive IN my boat from the passenger seat in the front, rear or side.....
:rolleyes: Listen up dork - you can't drive from the passenger seat! Any Cop knows that!!! ;)

Lightning
07-07-2004, 04:53 PM
I don't drink if I am driving the boat. I do crack a beer as soon as we get off of the water though.

Kilrtoy
07-07-2004, 04:55 PM
RTJ
Im busting your balls over a small typo.
Will i have a beer and drive yes maybe even two, but after that I become the Co-pilot....
You know how it goes,
hurry up, speed up, bring up the trim, go straight.
Now I know why she hates driving the boat.....

Floatin'
07-07-2004, 04:58 PM
The truth is, Yes I do drink and drive my boat. It used to be a case a day now I pack 15 each day. I crack my first at around 9:00 am (after a nice big breakfast) and I usually drink until they are all gone which is usually around 7:00 pm (eat lunch at 12:00)so if my math is correct that is about 1.5 Coors Lights per hour (I'm 6'5" - 275) and I feel good but not f'd up. When my beer is gone I go to water we usually BBQ a big meal on a beach and we head in sometime after 10:00 pm . I put the boat on the trailer and drive 200 yds. from the launch ramp to my Mobile and I will mix a Jack and Coke and cruise around the Mobile Home Park in my golf cart and visit with friends. To me that is a good day and I don't think I am a danger to anyone.........Questions, Comments.

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 05:04 PM
RTJ
http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/moon.gif
LOL! - RTJas :D

Kim Hanson
07-07-2004, 05:10 PM
I sort of had to change, too many people would see me having a few and later go for a rip in my boat and say he was ****ed up, 2 beer don't make you ****ed up, but a dozen would put me way over the limit...but I can still drive the boats in a good manner......( . )( . ).......Look, Im still talking to you peeps :D
I was bad before though, tanked and 100 mph across the water was fun shit...Red Lights right? No, I was all alone and no one else on the water. I don't and won't take people with me after alot of beer, shit happens when you don't have brakes :cool: :D

Kim Hanson
07-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Who is going to say they drink and drive a boat, wayyyyyyyy toooooo funnyyyyyy.......( . )( . ).....Shock affect..He does! :D :p

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by MissHBjet
Jason...Jason...Jason.
read: disturber... disturber... disturber.:D

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 06:33 PM
RTJ
Will i have a beer and drive yes maybe even two, but after that I become the Co-pilot....
You know how it goes,
hurry up, speed up, bring up the trim, go straight.
Now I know why she hates driving the boat.....
OMG!!!
You and Scream could be brothers!
When he drinks too much I drive the boat back....and he is always doing that.............Like I don't know how to drive a boat.... PLEASE!
(I just ignore him);)

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
When he drinks too much I drive the boat back....and he is always doing that.............Like I don't know how to drive a boat.... PLEASE!
(I just ignore him);)
I'm sure you do a great job at driving the boat......
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1271DSC01452-med.JPG
:p :D

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 06:44 PM
I love you...............
(don't know about my husband)
LOL:D
P.S. He was stone cold sober when he did this.....

OutCole'd
07-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Floatin'
The truth is, Yes I do drink and drive my boat. It used to be a case a day now I pack 15 each day. I crack my first at around 9:00 am (after a nice big breakfast) and I usually drink until they are all gone which is usually around 7:00 pm (eat lunch at 12:00)so if my math is correct that is about 1.5 Coors Lights per hour (I'm 6'5" - 275) and I feel good but not f'd up. When my beer is gone I go to water we usually BBQ a big meal on a beach and we head in sometime after 10:00 pm . I put the boat on the trailer and drive 200 yds. from the launch ramp to my Mobile and I will mix a Jack and Coke and cruise around the Mobile Home Park in my golf cart and visit with friends. To me that is a good day and I don't think I am a danger to anyone.........Questions, Comments.
6'5" 275lbs. ...hhhmmmmmm I got no problem at all with that sir.

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 06:47 PM
I love you...............
(don't know about my husband)
P.S. He was stone cold sober when he did this.....
OH! Nevermind, I thought you did that!!! :D :p I'm sure Scream had a good reason for doing what he did.
LMAO! J/K!!!!!

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 06:49 PM
OH! Nevermind, I thought you did that!!! :D :p I'm sure Scream had a good reason for doing what he did.
LMAO! J/K!!!!!
Dear Heart, if I did that.............I'm pretty sure we would be in divorce court and I would be buying bus fare to Tom Browns house.....;)

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Dear Heart, if I did that.............I'm pretty sure we would be in divorce court and I would be buying bus fare to Tom Browns house.....;)
So Tom is your "back-up" if things don't workout??? Nice!!!!
Maybe I'll cruise by the local Junior College tomorrow and find myself one of those!!! :cool:

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Well..................he offered:D

superdave013
07-07-2004, 07:03 PM
I used to alot. And I'm talking getting wrecked a$$ drunk too.
As I've said many times in the past. I'm glad everyone made it through my youth!
Now I wouldn't drink one drop and drive any boat. Not worth the risk. Plus once I get started there is NO stopping. I don't drink often but when I do I drink 'em all!

77charger
07-07-2004, 07:19 PM
RTJas :D I heard that needles area sucks.Seems to be alot of rocks,shallow, alot of Lake lice camp there,the water is cold and snakes in the river.:) I hear havasu and paker are better places for props

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 07:25 PM
We won't be going back........................:(
and I was all looking at property in the area
(sorry another thread jacked)
I don't drink and drive the boat, because I am responsible for everyones lives in the boat, and I want them to stay alive!
:D

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 07:29 PM
I don't drink and drive the boat, because I am responsible for everyones lives in the boat, and I want them to stay alive!
:D
That's it... No BOOZE for YOU!
I don't drink and drive the boat either... and haven't for about a dozen or so years...

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
That's it... No BOOZE for YOU!
I don't drink and drive the boat either... and haven't for about a dozen or so years...
Booze Nazi!

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 07:30 PM
We won't be going back........................:(
and I was all looking at property in the area
That happened @ Needles??? :confused: I'm not going back there......for at least a week. ;)
What'd you do, go north of the bridge before 2pm??? :rolleyes:

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 07:31 PM
That happened @ Needles??? :confused: I'm not going back there......for at least a week. ;)
maybe...........yeah about 11am

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 07:34 PM
maybe...........yeah about 11am
http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/shame.gif Rookies. :p Needles Sux.
BTW, 11am = lowest water of the day in Needles. :(

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks, thats very comforting:rolleyes:
We won't be making that $1600 dollar mistake again.
I am liking Lake Mead more and more;)

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 07:37 PM
Booze Nazi!
Jawol! Nicht Rumpleminze ... est VERBOTEN!!!!!!

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Jawol! Nicht Rumpleminze ... est VERBOTEN!!!!!!
ooooooooooo!
sounds like vodka talk! :D

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 07:40 PM
ooooooooooo!
sounds like vodka talk! :D
Nine, Nine! Nicht, Vodka Es KAPUT... FERBLUNDJT UND FERKEPMPT!!!!!

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Did ya spit all over your computer when you typed that?

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Did ya spit all over your computer when you typed that?
Yes and pounded on the desk beside the confuser too......:p

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 07:48 PM
(never drink and drive your boat)

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 07:49 PM
(never drink and drive your boat)
So No Booze for YOU!!!!!!!!!;)

Debbolas
07-07-2004, 07:50 PM
So No Booze for YOU!!!!!!!!!;)
for sure!
;)

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 07:53 PM
for sure!
;)
That's what I said...

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Ok, you two are just post whoring now!!! :rolleyes:
LOL! RTJas :D

Kim Hanson
07-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
I used to alot. And I'm talking getting wrecked a$$ drunk too.
As I've said many times in the past. I'm glad everyone made it through my youth!
Now I wouldn't drink one drop and drive any boat. Not worth the risk. Plus once I get started there is NO stopping. I don't drink often but when I do I drink 'em all!
Im the same as you now dave....( . )( . )....PUI posting is different right :D

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 08:04 PM
No posts for YOU!;)

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 08:08 PM
No posts for YOU!;)
LOL! Doc, you still staying in Rossmore?

JetBoatRich
07-07-2004, 08:11 PM
you have to admit, they are good at it:)

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 08:12 PM
LOL! Doc, you still staying in Rossmore?
Roger that... I am right here smack dab in the middle of Rossmoor... not too far from the plane crash tonight!

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Roger that... I am right here smack dab in the middle of Rossmoor... not too far from the plane crash tonight!
That's what I was going to say! That could have been my house too (I'm just down Lampson from the crash)!
The crash was at 8:15 this morning.
RTJas

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 08:15 PM
That's what I was going to say! That could have been my house too (I'm just down Lampson from the crash)!
The crash was at 8:15 this morning.
RTJas
Ahhhhh you live over by my Mother In Law in College Park?
I didn't hear about the crash till tonight... so I assumed it was tonight.. my bad!

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Ahhhhh you live over by my Mother In Law in College Park?
No, in the low-rent district - Eastgate! ;) Off Blackmar.

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 08:18 PM
My wifes best friend from high school lives off Blackmer...on the first street to the north of Lampson...

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 08:20 PM
My wifes best friend from high school lives off Blackmer...on the first street to the north of Lampson...
That's cool! She go to Pacifica???
I live on the second to last street north of lampson (last street before Cypress starts).

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 08:24 PM
That's cool! She go to Pacifica???
I live on the second to last street north of lampson (last street before Cypress starts).
No, Los Alamitos with both the wife and myself, she lived in College Park when she was in high school.

mtndewdrops
07-07-2004, 08:28 PM
I weigh 215 lbs and can usually drink 2 beers and not be over the limit. I know I need to wait a couple of hours before I can have more also. Be sure to eat something, since an empty stomach can push you over the limit.
Moderation is the key to everything in life.

Dr. Eagle
07-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by mtndewdrops
I weigh 215 lbs and can usually drink 2 beers and not be over the limit. I know I need to wait a couple of hours before I can have more also. Be sure to eat something, since an empty stomach can push you over the limit.
Moderation is the key to everything in life.
I used to use that method too... but on really hot days... those beers tasted sooooooooooo good... I usually got ahead of myself. Good you can manage yourself better than I...

mtndewdrops
07-07-2004, 08:45 PM
I used to use that method too... but on really hot days... those beers tasted sooooooooooo good... I usually got ahead of myself. Good you can manage yourself better than I...
It SUCKS being RESPONSIBLE...besides any more than a couple I usually just get tired and want to take a nap.
Am I DOOOOOOOOOOMED???

rivercrazy
07-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Not always! Depends on what time of year:D

RiverToysJas
07-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Not always! Depends on what time of year:D
You're right, sometimes it's too low all day!!! ;) She's better off at Mead - Needles Sux! :D

77charger
07-07-2004, 09:07 PM
aint there a place called wv that is a good place to go to

rivercrazy
07-07-2004, 09:10 PM
You're right, sometimes it's too low all day!!! ;) She's better off at Mead - Needles Sux! :D
Right you are....:D
I hear the water is always deep in Parker:p And if Havasu Hangin run his 35'er there with all those 6V batteries, anyone can run there with noooo problems!:D

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Isn't Parker too shallow for my boat?!:confused:

OGShocker
07-08-2004, 08:39 AM
ROFLMAO!

Evo22
07-08-2004, 08:56 AM
not any more

Havasu_Dreamin
07-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Didn't bother to read all of the posts as I'm sure how it went anyway. Kind of surprised at the poll results so far though. I really thought less people would say they do not drink at all. As some have said in the many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many threads about this topic, it's just not worth the potential risk so I don't drink and drive the boat or the car.

chub
07-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Usually just don't worry about it but since LE started those checks on the river I 've changed my game plane a little. The last four or five trips out I kept it to 3 or 4 beers and found it enjoyable. So did my wife.:)