PDA

View Full Version : Powell Go'ers

DEEZ NUTTS
07-07-2004, 07:39 PM
I just saw that the water is back into the 114' down range. Dont waste your time with Antelope ramp. Your trailer will be twisted on the rocks. Go to Wahweap to launch. If no parking, send the driver to Stateline ramp with lots of parking and pick them up on the dock. I'm heading back this weekend to waste gas, pickle my liver, and take pics. Oh yea, and maybe see Summerlove.

Misogynist
07-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Last time I checked a few months ago... it was 113 feet down... how low did it get?:confused:

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 07:13 AM
I can't remember if I asked you this before or not........but do you know the condition of Lone Rock Beach?
Thanks!
Deb
I was wondering because Lake Mead is really low, and the newly surfaced beaches are muddy, sink up to your knees in mud with little sharp rocks.

DeepVee
07-08-2004, 12:01 PM
My coworker was just up at Lonerock last week and said it was fine. He said it had good access and no mud. He also put his 22' boat in and took out at Stateline with no problems. Stateline should still be useable for a while with smaller boats.
Deez, are you guys still doing the July 23-24th trip? I'm stuck at home this weekend but plan on going up either the weekend of the 16-18th or 23-24th.

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Titties are ya up for a Bullfrog run?:D

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
YES,if you guys get their on friday ,i'm going home on sunday ,SOME OF US HAVE TO WORK:( WE NEED TO HOOK UP WITH DEESNUTTS;) so they can show us the CRACKS:D that he took his boat in :D ,so you know i don't care if if i make it back to camp till sunday:D :D :D :D
You are going home the Sunday after we arrive there? I am confused. We are leaving home on the 17th and arriving at Lake Powell on the 18, staying untill the 27th....
I say a big old Bullfrog River run!
:D
Lots of boats!
Do you want to eat with us one night?
(Aunt La Don Potato's);)

DEEZ NUTTS
07-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Deep Vee, yes the 23-25 is the big one. Shirts are on order as we speak. Try to make this trip. The 24th is the main event. We are expecting over 20 boats for the weekend.
Titties and Beer, so you wanna see my crack:D Looks like I will miss your trip by a few days in both directions. That sucks. The slot is in Face canyon. Take the left fork a little ways in and keep going. You go through a couple tight ones and it opens up a little. I cant remember if the dead cow or the arch was next. The eye watering smell will tell you. Keep going. A friend went all the way to the end last weekend and got turned around in a 23'. Said it was tight turning and glad he did not have to get in the water to do it. Kinda nasty at the end. It's just the wife and I this weekend so we will be doing some exploring. Hopefully have some new places to tell you about.

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
YES,if you guys get their on friday ,i'm going home on sunday ,SOME OF US HAVE TO WORK:( WE NEED TO HOOK UP WITH DEESNUTTS;) so they can show us the CRACKS:D that he took his boat in :D ,so you know i don't care if if i make it back to camp till sunday:D :D :D :D
You mean canyon...right?!?
I have my oar ready!;)

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 06:36 PM
We use to do that in our old little boat, maybe not so cool in our big rock eating boat, eh?
Are you camping on Lone Rock Beach?
We are arriving when you are leaving!

DEEZ NUTTS
07-08-2004, 06:48 PM
I am wondering what kind of response I would get by "hailing titties and beer, titties and beer you out there" on the VHF.

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 08:56 PM
LOL:D

DeepVee
07-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Deez,
We'll be there. I'm trying to get a few other people at work to go, one owns my old boat. Do you guys have a general location yet? Padre Bay?
Can I bring my new boat security guard?
http://www.donzi.net/photos/rstrones80.jpg

DEEZ NUTTS
07-21-2004, 09:02 PM
We will be puttin in in the dark tomorrow night. Standard issue for me. I know that I left my batteries on and maybe the depth finder and VHF in storage. If so I'm forced to charge in a slip over night and will stop by Lone Rock beach in the a.m. If not I think we are gonna make the midnight run up. Titties and Beer, I got your #. I will call Fri a.m.

burtandnancy
07-21-2004, 09:09 PM
deep v O I hope so

DogHouse
07-21-2004, 09:16 PM
DEEZ NUTTS, I haven't had much success in my lobbying for another Powell trip this weekend. Hopefully we'll catch you guys another time. Have fun!
:cool:

NuckinFutz
07-21-2004, 09:27 PM
This is the boat ramp as now. Launching is best done by backing up towards the channel at the bottom of the cement ramp. The gravel is solid and I watched a half dozen boats load and nobody was having any traction problems. The south side of the ramp is shallow however.

NuckinFutz
07-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Looking south towards Halls Crossing Marina.

NuckinFutz
07-21-2004, 09:32 PM
If ya see me throw me a "shocker" and we'll visit.

NitroMan
07-21-2004, 10:16 PM
The tribal thing was done about 5 years ago.

91nordic29
07-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by NitroMan
The tribal thing was done about 5 years ago.
:confused: :confused: :confused: