PDA

View Full Version : Bullfrog Run at Lake Powell

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 06:56 AM
We are thinking about making a run from Wahweap up to Bullfrog.
We wil be at Lake Powell from July 18th - 27th.
Anyone interested?
:D
July 18th we will JUST be getting there, so maybe the 19th thru the 25th is a better window?

DeepVee
07-08-2004, 12:21 PM
I may be interested. We'll probably be up there the weekend of 23-25th. Could you post a picture of your boat? You're staying at Lonerock right? I'll be in my little Donzi tub.

Topock Junkie
07-08-2004, 03:16 PM
I 've been trying to convince my wife to go out to Powell and do that run all summer. I've been going to powell all my life and never been up to Bull Frog. I'm jealous......

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 03:22 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566boat.jpg
This is our boat, we are camping at Lone Rock, did you friend mention if the beaches were "ok" or muddy? Can you go out from Wahweap and just go left to Lone Rock like before or is it different. I bet Sand Hill is huge!
I 've been trying to convince my wife to go out to Powell and do that run all summer. I've been going to powell all my life and never been up to Bull Frog. I'm jealous......
All are welcome, come on up with us. My friend said they did it in their 30ft Kachina in about 1 and 1/2 - 2 hours. (he, he, that is how long it use to take us to get to Rainbow Bridge in my little 19ft):)
I have always wanted to do this run!
My friend also said to stay to the center of the lake, it is dropping so fast, they can't mark the hazzards quick enough. She said they were at Cookie Jar and the rocks were just popping up around them.:eek:

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Our beat up skeg........
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1271DSC01450.JPG
Our beat up prop............
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1271DSC01452-med.JPG

DEEZ NUTTS
07-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Dont feel bad Topock, I am on Powell twice a month or more and I have never been there. No excuse why.
Deb it takes me 50 min to get to Kane wash from Wahweap at a 35-40mph cruise. Kane is bouy 23 which is supposed to be miles from the dam also. I dont think the bouys are very accurate since the water has been down. Rainbow bridge is bouy 49 if memory is correct and Bullfrog is another 40 I think(wish I would bring home a map). No way are you gonna make it in 1.5 hours. Plan for the whole day and pack a lunch.

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks!
When my friend told me that, it seemed kinda close. I remember Rainbow Bridge being very far away. So from Dangling Rope Marina it is another 40 buoy's to Bullfrog?
I wonder how lone rock beach is.....crowded or not....muddy or not.....we need a lone rock beach cam!
Are you going to make the run with us?
;)

DEEZ NUTTS
07-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Deb, I won't be makin the run. 23-25th is busy for me with our party. I will look for you Fri 23 afternoon or sat 24 a.m. on Lone rock. Your boat will be easy to spot. Your welcome at our party sat afternoon till ??? Hope to see your crew. This is what I look like with my boat on.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830F_311_Small_-med.jpg

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Party?!?!
Did someone say P A R T Y ?!?!?
I'll bring the slurricaines!
;)

Debbolas
07-09-2004, 08:05 AM
yes
That is soooo cool...so are you camping on lone rock beach? Do you want to have dinner with us? :D

BoatFloating
07-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Bullfrog is mile marker 95 so like Deez said plan on a all day thing. Just the sites along will keep you busy. Dangle Rope Marina mike marker 40 is a nice stop for soft serve ice cream and the biggest Carp you've ever seen. The you have another 45 miles to go.... Great Lake...

Debbolas
07-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by BoatFloating
Bullfrog is mile marker 95 so like Deez said plan on a all day thing. Just the sites along will keep you busy. Dangle Rope Marina mike marker 40 is a nice stop for soft serve ice cream and the biggest Carp you've ever seen. The you have another 45 miles to go.... Great Lake...
Cool, I can't wait!!!;)
ya what do you want me to cook ?should i bring my stoves
What days are you going to be there? We are arriving Sunday July 18, not sure about leaving date, we are for sure there Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Eating out on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are up in the air. Maybe Saturday and Sunday Leave Monday arrive home Tuesday...

gramps
07-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Deb, make sure that your "driver" makes a left where the Colorado and the San Juan come together.............
Almost forgot, you have to go the long way around Antelope Island, the lake is so low you cannot take the shortcut past Castle Rock. This will make the trip a bit slower and longer cause the water has been getting pretty rough thru the section around the island.

Debbolas
07-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Do they have "new" maps at the marina? Someone posted a map and it looked like we would have to go to the dam and then go up....

gramps
07-09-2004, 10:43 AM
no new maps have been published in a LONG time.......but you will have to go towards the dam to get uplake. There is now a "land bridge" from Castle Rock to the island.
just another fyi ...........the launch ramp at stateline was closed this week due to low water, you will either have to launch at lonerock or go to the big ramp next to the lodge.
here is a link to a pic of what the "shortcut" used to look like,
now you can walk from Castle Rock to the ilsand
http://elakepowell.com/freds/warmcree.htm

DeepVee
07-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Navigating uplake is a piece of cake, just stay in the middle and run buoy to buoy. My friend said there was no mud at Lonerock and the best camping was down on the far end.

Debbolas
07-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Navigating uplake is a piece of cake, just stay in the middle and run buoy to buoy. My friend said there was no mud at Lonerock and the best camping was down on the far end.
Cool! Thanks a lot!:D
just another fyi ...........the launch ramp at stateline was closed this week due to low water, you will either have to launch at lonerock or go to the big ramp next to the lodge.
We usually go and launch at Wahweap. Got stuck in the mud at Lone Rock once, (no thanks!)

DeepVee
07-09-2004, 02:34 PM
I guess Gramps is correct, Stateline is basically unuseable.
http://www.wayneswords.com/wayne/wayne.pl?read=57001

Debbolas
07-09-2004, 03:11 PM
But we can still launch at Wahweap, right?;)

gramps
07-09-2004, 06:58 PM
But we can still launch at Wahweap, right?
The latest word I got (yesterday) was Wahweap SHOULD be open all summer. It's just a question of if the concret will still be in the water or the old asphalt ramp below the concret will be used. If the lake drops a few more feet, it will be the old asphalt ramp. Before I would launch a boat that is of any size I'd watch a few others and see how it goes and try to launch when there is a four wheel drive around.
Here is the report for tomorrow:
Wahweap
Updated: 07/10/04 - Water level 3584
Wahweap:
Wahweap main ramp is open and boats are being launched on concrete. The last pad of concrete has a steeper slope to facilitate launching. Trailers are now setting on old uneven or broken asphalt/roadbase during the launch. Small vessles are launching without incident. Big boats and houseboats are having trouble getting stuck in sand at base of ramp. Gravel road base is helping regular size boats launch effectively.
Boat trailers are being parked on the upper half of the ramp (north side only) which shortens the walk to the parked trailer considerably. Parking at Stateline Ramp is a good bet. Use the courtesy dock and access road for convenience. BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE. Lake Powell is worth the effort after the launch!
Lone Rock Beach:
There is a hard packed road in the middle of the sandy area where vehicles can access the hard packed sandy shoreline. Some boats are being successfully launched off the sand beach.

Debbolas
07-09-2004, 07:17 PM
yes, we will launch at Wahweap with our Navigator, might have to launch Bob's boat for him. Do you think he will have trouble with his RV?
Got stuck in the mud one two many times at Lone Rock.....But it is not up to me........I'll let the guys decide.....(I am cargo)lol;)

gramps
07-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Deb....................Bob is trouble with or without his RV!!!!!!!

Debbolas
07-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by gramps
Deb....................Bob is trouble with or without his RV!!!!!!!
Actually he has Chris back it down now! LOL;)

Dr. Eagle
07-09-2004, 07:53 PM
What a lovely boat....http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566boat.jpg
Is that one of the NEW Bayliners......;)
J/K...... calm down.......... LOL........:p

Debbolas
07-09-2004, 08:13 PM
What, you aren't happy stirring up the chit with the demo's and republicans?
LOL:D
You have to pick on me?
lol;)
In my hour of need when my boat is all broke.............:cry: :cry: :cry:

Dr. Eagle
07-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Bummer, you can fix your boat... you can't fix a liberal...... LOL......

Misogynist
07-10-2004, 01:14 PM
The last time I was at Powell (1999)... the lake level was at 3680... just 20 feet down from full... now it is 118 feet down from full.... should look a little different.......:p

Debbolas
07-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Yeah, our first trip there we parked the boat and walked like 20 steps to Rainbow Bridge. So I expect the lake to look much different.......;)

ahhell
07-11-2004, 03:14 PM
im probably gonna be workin on my tan that day, 95 miles one way is a little long for a 2 mpg jet boat that only hold 50 gallons, i need a tanker/trailer just to make it... and a mortgage for gas!!!

gramps
07-11-2004, 03:41 PM
hey ahhell..................there is a fuel stop at the 40 mile bouy......and they sell beer............

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Scream won't go unless the whole camp goes, so I guess we will sit this one out. Maybe next time.....

DEEZ NUTTS
07-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Just got back. Wahweap is in the dirt. For me at least. Managed to back the trailer into a hole both unloading and loading. Not gonna stop me though. On the other hand, if the water was up we would have never seen this.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830103_0346_Small_-med.JPG
Thats DogHouse and daughter Nicole.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830103_0351_Small_-med.JPG
Will post new pics later.

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 04:50 PM
That is amazing! Where is that?!
w:eek: w

ahhell
07-11-2004, 04:53 PM
i dont want to be the dead wood here, but 95 miles?!?!?!? the trip to parker from Needles was a good distance and that was about 45 miles, I dont know if Steve wants to travel that far either, If you guys want to go, go, i have no problem with that and i wont be mad, sad dissapointed, or any other synonym you can think of. Your boat is way more suited for that trip, mine is just a "local'' boat....call me:)

DEEZ NUTTS
07-11-2004, 05:00 PM
The cave is by bouy #52.

Misogynist
07-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Yeah, our first trip there we parked the boat and walked like 20 steps to Rainbow Bridge. So I expect the lake to look much different.......;) I remember going to Rainbow when the lake was full in the early eighties.... the water reached all the way up under the bridge... the tree huggers were freaking out... there was a big concern that the water might undermine the bridge and cause it some problems... never happened... but it was neat to see water up under the bridge... :D

Misogynist
07-11-2004, 05:10 PM
If you are going to go all the way up to bullfrog.... check out some of the canyons upstream... Crystal... Moki....... check out the indian ruins... they're cool too!... You can see early man grafitti!

Misogynist
07-11-2004, 05:14 PM
I don't know if any of you guys are a fossil like me... but I remember in the late 70's or early 80's when a big chunk of sandstone fell off of a overhang , hit a tour boat and killed a couple of tourists.....:frown:

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 06:06 PM
I don't remember that.....
Remember when those German Tourists died in that flash flood?

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 06:13 PM
We were taking our 19ft sea ray back into channels, and thats all I could think of that year. We went back into this one channel, that you would swim to a hole in the rock, crawl through and be standing in this gorgeous canyon.
Got nervous when it started raining......;)

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Ok, we might do the Bullfrog run the following Saturday July 24th

Huckleberry
07-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Dangle Rope Marina mike marker 40 is a nice stop for soft serve ice cream...
Isn't this the truth! I'm sure it is just regular ol' soft serve, but for some reason it tastes soooo damn good!!! Could it be that it is 100+ degrees outside, and you've been baking in the sun all day? NAH! It's a secret recipe!

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Misogynist
I don't know if any of you guys are a fossil like me... but I remember in the late 70's or early 80's when a big chunk of sandstone fell off of a overhang , hit a tour boat and killed a couple of tourists.....:frown:
My dad was telling me this weekend that the dam is built on sandstone and it is just a matter of time before it gives way.
(of course he also told me the scorpians on the California side of the river are not poison)
And Sammy Davis Junior lost his eye on an offramp of the 215 in San Bernardino
At this point if I say something "strange" Matt just looks at me and asks if my dad told me that....LOL:D
(love ya dad);)

phebus
07-14-2004, 11:27 AM
As DEEZ NUTTS said, Wahweap ramp runs out of concrete, and you will be backing your trailer on sand/gravel. Back in very slowly, there are a lot of holes that you can stick a trailer wheel in. They come each day, and dump dirt in the launch area to fill in the holes, so there isn't necessarily a good or bad side. The launch area drops off quickly, so you don't have to back in very far, you will float the boat without backing in far. Try to keep the rear wheels on the ramp.
Also, the trip around Antelope Island through the narrows is very rough, be carefull, lots of sneaky big wakes from the houseboats and tour boats to beat you and your boat up in.
Well, that is the negatives, the positives far outweigh them. Once you are out there, it will be the best boating you have ever done. If you had never been there before, you wouldn't realize the lake is down. Lots of water to boat in, fantastic navigable coves, beautifull vistas. HEAVEN on EARTH.
HAVE FUN.......
:D :) :D

DEEZ NUTTS
07-14-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by phebus
Also, the trip around Antelope Island through the narrows is very rough, be carefull, lots of sneaky big wakes from the houseboats and tour boats to beat you and your boat up in.
HAVE FUN.......
I bought a 31' Formula and solved that problem:D That is one of my favorite parts of the trip.

PHX ATC
07-14-2004, 07:05 PM
I was just up there all last week. In "the narrows" which is just left of the dam next to Antelope Island (peninsula) it gets very hairy. Very bumpy from all the boating. Just set your tabs down (if you've any) and take it slower than normal.
The launch ramp at Wahweap pretty much has 1 foot of traveling distance of concrete left (that makes maybe 4 inches underwater) and then it's all dirt. It is very soupy and dirty in the water, so watch your outdrives - both for the impellers and dinging them. It drops off STEEPLY! It is useable, but be careful. About camping and launching at Lone Rock, I didn't look too carefully, but there were people camping there.
Dangling Rope Marina took us about 45 to 55 minutes to get from Wahweap Marina, through the 2 no wake zones up there. We went between 30 and 50 miles per hour depending on water conditions. It will be an all day trip going up to Bullfrog and back.
Enjoy yourself, stay in the channel and wear your polarized sunglasses...you can see the rocks long before those without!
They do have updated satellite maps for $15 at the marinas. At least at Dangling Rope they did!
Enjoy!
Toby

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by phebus
As DEEZ NUTTS said, Wahweap ramp runs out of concrete, and you will be backing your trailer on sand/gravel. Back in very slowly, there are a lot of holes that you can stick a trailer wheel in. They come each day, and dump dirt in the launch area to fill in the holes, so there isn't necessarily a good or bad side. The launch area drops off quickly, so you don't have to back in very far, you will float the boat without backing in far. Try to keep the rear wheels on the ramp.
Well, that is the negatives, the positives far outweigh them. Once you are out there, it will be the best boating you have ever done. If you had never been there before, you wouldn't realize the lake is down. Lots of water to boat in, fantastic navigable coves, beautifull vistas. HEAVEN on EARTH.
HAVE FUN.......
Our boat does 50 - 60 depending on the load and the wakes...
(maybe more with our new prop)
I guess we might launch on the Lone Rock dirt ramp.
I remember the tour boat wakes. In our 19ft, we would pull to the side and hope for the best! I can't wait to see how our 26 ft baby takes them:D
They do have updated satellite maps for $15 at the marinas. At least at Dangling Rope they did!
That would be a good thing to have.

DEEZ NUTTS
07-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Without changing props, you will lose about 7mph from Havasu to Powell.

77charger
07-14-2004, 07:24 PM
I made up my mind i am going in two weeks (the 30th to the next saturday)We stay in lone rock every year since 87.I have been to the escalante arm in our old 19 ft jet and did an overnighter alot of fun this year i plan to do a 3 day trip past bullfrog.I now have a 21 eliminator. last year i went past rainbow did a couple of day trips.I look foward to it this year now.The only real slow part is the antelope canyon it gets VeRy RoUgH.from the boat wakes,house boats and hope you dont get a tour boat wake.I end up going thru there like 15-20 mph.The dangling rope i must say is a definite stop.I am just glad i dont use that much gas with this boat(cant beat a small block)it usually goes a 3 day weekend easily on 30-35 gallons.:D and does do good at powell too

DogHouse
07-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by DEEZ NUTTS
Ain't that the truth! :cry: :D

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by DEEZ NUTTS
I remember that from our Sea Ray, but Matt says that there is a "chip" in the computer to allow for the "drag" on the prop and compensate.
Hope so, we only have one prop...........;)
(and we are so happy to have it!):D

DogHouse
07-14-2004, 07:34 PM
I remember that from our Sea Ray, but Matt says that there is a "chip" in the computer to allow for the "drag" on the prop and compensate.
Hope so, we only have one prop...........;)
(and we are so happy to have it!):D
Uh, the computer just compensates for the lower air density at the higher elevation, so your motor won't run rich like a carburated motor would. You'll still lose power and speed... Oh well, it gives you more time to enjoy the stunning scenery!

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 08:09 PM
MAN!
I was afraid of that, what pitch prop do you use for up there and how big is your boat?:eek:

DogHouse
07-14-2004, 08:15 PM
MAN!
I was afraid of that, what pitch prop do you use for up there and how big is your boat?:eek:
Boat's a 28 and so is the prop. It's the only one I have so by default it works the best everywhere! ;)
I'd like to get a couple spares, maybe a 30 for Havasu and a 24 for skiing.
You guys have fun up there!
-brian

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 08:20 PM
Our boat is a 26, we just bought a 22....what should we use for Powell?
I can't remember if you go down or up;) in pitch....

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 08:29 PM
I can't wait!!!:D

phebus
07-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Our boat does 50 - 60 depending on the load and the wakes...
(maybe more with our new prop)
I guess we might launch on the Lone Rock dirt ramp.
I remember the tour boat wakes. In our 19ft, we would pull to the side and hope for the best! I can't wait to see how our 26 ft baby takes them:D
That would be a good thing to have.
My boat does 60+, and is 26'. It handles chop very well, but the narrows chop is all mixed up....a real washing machine, and I will guarntee it will get your attention.

gramps
07-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Deb, what kind of spare prop did Scream buy for this trip?????

NuckinFutz
07-15-2004, 06:54 PM
I'll be at the Bullfrog end between the 22nd and 25th and will watch for you. Like said before, get a map and make sure you don't head up the San Juan arm, the Colorado arm doesn't really look like the way to go. The Colorado arm at the junction is a little narrower and a left turn. Another thing to stop at is Hole in the Rock were the first settlers to southeast Utah took there wagons down this crack. A chore to say the least. If you hit the Bullfrog end, I'd gas at Halls Crossing Marina. Halls is a little closer than Bullfrog and the store is right on the water as well as the potty room. Watch for me and we'll say hi.

Debbolas
07-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by gramps
Deb, what kind of spare prop did Scream buy for this trip?????
We don't have a spare, the "messed up" one was un-fixable:(

Debbolas
07-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by NuckinFutz
I'll be at the Bullfrog end between the 22nd and 25th and will watch for you. Like said before, get a map and make sure you don't head up the San Juan arm, the Colorado arm doesn't really look like the way to go. The Colorado arm at the junction is a little narrower and a left turn. Another thing to stop at is Hole in the Rock were the first settlers to southeast Utah took there wagons down this crack. A chore to say the least. If you hit the Bullfrog end, I'd gas at Halls Crossing Marina. Halls is a little closer than Bullfrog and the store is right on the water as well as the potty room. Watch for me and we'll say hi.
Ok, thanks for the info....We are heading out Saturday Night, arriving Sunday noonish (we hope)
We probably won't make the bullfrog run until the following Saturday, But I think Titties & Beer wants to go as well.
Beautiful Boat!
Looking forward to meeting you:D

Krazy K
07-15-2004, 07:12 PM
DEEZ NUTZ ~~
Are you getting these caves and arches and such on a GPS so when the lake fills back up, you'll know where they are?? These pictures are so cool, it makes me want to rethink moving to Knoxville and move closer to Powell!!

B-RAD
07-15-2004, 07:48 PM
We will probably be there also 22-25 also at bullfrog end. nuckingfuts have you been to bullfrog lately. I've been hearing that the bullfrog ramp is closed only pwc's and small boats are able to launch. I was thinking of driving around or taking the fairy to Hallscrossing to launch. what do ya know?

B-RAD
07-15-2004, 07:55 PM
this is my DCB only now the wind screen part is white

sam pioske
07-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Amaxing**** many years in the past the dangling rock marina
'on the 4th of july', pumps more gas that day then any station in the world, remember you can't drive to it!! I have been there done that with 50' houseboats, 10 in a row waiting a short time to on-l oad 150 gallons of fuel 75 gallons of water "off load 50 gallons of sewage"and your out of there in 5 min.s. You go around the corner for that ice cream, 200 lbs ice, 4 casses of coors and back on the lake

Debbolas
07-15-2004, 08:45 PM
This is a pic or our boat, we are thinking of doing the Bull Frog Run on Saturday July 24th :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566after_the_ride-med.jpg

NuckinFutz
07-15-2004, 09:14 PM
I was at Bullfrog on the 4th weekend and they were still using the new poured ramp. The water has dropped since then and they are using the dirt ramp to the south of the original ramp similar to what was in use on Memorial day. I'm planning on launching on it, will just watch someone ahead of me and see if they find any holes, and if nobody is ahead of me to watch I may just walk out and check the area first. The locals are saying anything under 24 feet is not a problem as of now. If you have a small SUV as a tow vehicle you may be better off to go to Halls, but if you have a higher clearance vehicle you should be fine. I'm going to try to travel down to Bullfrog while working in the next week and I'll let you know what I find.

B-RAD
07-15-2004, 09:19 PM
Well hell I may try it too. DCB is 25 the ol' Mr. Cummer (dodge cummins) has 33's thanks for the info we'll look for ya there, I owe ya a beer.

Debbolas
07-15-2004, 09:19 PM
We are driving from Lone Rock Beach up to Bullfrog.....

B-RAD
07-16-2004, 06:51 AM
Cool I've done that trip many times only backwards bullfrog to wahweep but I have never done it with the water this low we will probably camp some where mid lake

Debbolas
07-16-2004, 07:06 AM
We will keep our eyes open for rocks, I hear there are a lot of unmarked hazards because the level of the lake is falling so quickly they can't mark them all....:(

Debbolas
07-16-2004, 08:03 PM
So it looks like the Bull frog run is Saturday July 24th...........Hope to see you out there!:D

Debbolas
07-17-2004, 08:04 AM
Leaving tonight for Lake Powell, hope to see you all out there. We will be camping on Lone Rock Beach, if you see us say hi!and come over for a cold one:D

24sleekenforcer
07-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Hi Deb have a good time at Powell. I will be up there 7- 23 to the 25th hope to meet other people from the boards also would like to meet Deez nutts. Have fun and be safe .:)

PlyaPlya22
07-17-2004, 11:43 AM
;)

B-RAD
07-19-2004, 01:07 PM
we will be there thurs night late at the bullfrog side. look for us down river though. we will camp where ever we might be when its dark.

NuckinFutz
07-21-2004, 05:53 PM
I just got back from Bullfrog to check out launching. I watched several boats launch and spoke with the Park Service. The best launching is on the north side of the dirt ramp. Back in towards the dredged out channel they made for the concrete ramp. The slope is a lot steeper on that side. Look for the rock reef that goes out into the water on the north side of the concrete ramp and point the rear of the trailer directly at the point the rocks and water meet. I watched one 23 foot boat load there and the front end of the truck was just touching the water. If you go farther south you will have your truck backed into the water for quite a distance. I've attached a photo for ya B-rad that you will recognize when you get there. Hope to see you and everyone else from the south end.