PDA

View Full Version : Alpine introduces new IPOD adaptor...

ROZ
07-08-2004, 09:57 AM
Just thought I'd pass on the info. The Alpine Interface Adapter for iPod (model KCA-420i) enables users to experience superior sound tuning and control of their iPod music using any of Alpine's 2004 Ai-Net in-dash head units. It's a hide-away design and can be installed anywhere in the vehicle -- under a seat, in the glove box or behind the dash. A single cable connects the adapter to the Alpine head unit, while a second cable connects the adapter to the iPod through the iPod dock connector. When the vehicle is on, the Interface Adapter also charges the iPod's internal battery.
The KCA420i is expected to ship in late September....
Since Apline is OEM BMW, the adaptor isn't really a surprise....
Chris

Hermosa
07-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Nice, I would be all over that, but my freaking iPod burnt up this weekend. I had it plugged into the cig lighter to charge like usual while playing it, and it just melted... like black! The power cord melted right to the iPod, and the fuse never blew. I think the battery just took a crap in the iPod, I just don't think it was the lighter adaptor, have used it a lot before with no problems. Apple won't replace the iPod, they say it's my fault. ****ers! This iPod is only 2 months old, anyone have any contacts at Apple?? Man, I would appreciate it if anyone does, I'll buy you lunch!

KACHINA KEN
07-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Hermosa
Nice, I would be all over that, but my freaking iPod burnt up this weekend. I had it plugged into the cig lighter to charge like usual while playing it, and it just melted... like black! The power cord melted right to the iPod, and the fuse never blew. I think the battery just took a crap in the iPod, I just don't think it was the lighter adaptor, have used it a lot before with no problems. Apple won't replace the iPod, they say it's my fault. ****ers! This iPod is only 2 months old, anyone have any contacts at Apple?? Man, I would appreciate it if anyone does, I'll buy you lunch!
Dude you just call Apple customer care and they will hook you up, they have some of the best customer care out there....
Kenny

Hermosa
07-09-2004, 08:34 AM
I did call Apple customer care, they gave me the shaft. Once I said it was plugged into a car outlet, they shut me down hard. Their response was any external power source can't be controlled, and voids the warranty. I spent a good hour on the phone, didn't get far. I called Belkin, told them about the cord, and they opened a claim for me. They were cool, but I need to send the entire thing in so they can check it out, but that is't a for sure deal either, I just don't think it was the cord...
Next time I will call in a few troubles ahead of time to document it, get an incident number, and have some proof of an existing problem so i don't get bent over again. I really thought Apple would step up to the plate, I was extremely nice with them and worked with them, but still got shot down. I'm going to teh Apple store today, it might get a little heated if I don't get some cooperation speaking logical to them.