http://dragboats.com/images/classifieds/ads/large/2211_goins_mike.jpg
:confused: :confused:

dmontzsta
07-08-2004, 04:45 PM
sweeeet!
wait, whats that big chunk of metal hanging out the back? :confused:

Oldsquirt
07-08-2004, 05:11 PM
That looks more like a v-hull than a runner bottom doesn't it? Have a friend who used to own an early 70's Hondo t-deck jet. That hull looks very similar, including the bottom shape.

Boatmike
07-08-2004, 05:21 PM
looks alot like my old Hondo 12 deg v-bottom.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/755My_Hondo_Rear-med.JPG

BigBoyToys
07-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by ssmike
Dang!
And it's for sale on Dragboats.com for ONLY $25,000.00:eek: :rolleyes: And, I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen a JET boat with Up and Down Pedals With a Lockout.:confused: Why would you need them? Not knocking the boat (well, yeah I am....That nice boat should be a V-Drive), just can't figure it out....a Jet with up and down pedals with lockout:confused: :confused: Has anyone ever seen that before on a jet?

BigBoyToys
07-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Dang!
1987 CANYON 18' T-DECK RUNNER BOTTOM, CARBON FIBER STRINGERS, 9 COLOR VALE'S PAINT, 468" BIG BLOCK CHEVY ROLLER MOTOR, GM "BOWTIE" ALUMINUM HEADS, CUSTOM TUNNEL RAM, BLOWER SHOP 14-71, ENDERLE BIRD CATCHER INJECTOR, IMCO 14 GAL. STAINLESS FUEL CELL, BERKLEY 12 JR RACE PUMP, CAVITATION PLATES W/ UP & DOWN PEDALS & LOCK OUT, CUSTOM BILLET ALUMINUM RIGGING THROUGHOUT, VERY CLEAN & VERY FAST, CUSTOM LOWERED TRAILER, ALSO HAVE BACK SEAT & SIDE TANKS. $25,000 O.B.O.
Sellers Name: Mike Goins
Phone Number(s):
(310)339-0135

superdave013
07-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by BigBoyToys
And it's for sale on Dragboats.com for ONLY $25,000.00:eek: :rolleyes: And, I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen a JET boat with Up and Down Pedals With a Lockout.:confused: Why would you need them? Not knocking the boat (well, yeah I am....That nice boat should be a V-Drive), just can't figure it out....a Jet with up and down pedals with lockout:confused: :confused: Has anyone ever seen that before on a jet?
Yup, I saw that same set up in a hondo t deck jet. controls the diverter. Pretty slick

BigBoyToys
07-08-2004, 06:27 PM
Well, looking at that pic, it looks to me like it's controlling Cavitation plates, not a diverter. I may be seeing things here, but I don't even see a diverter on that boat

GofastRacer
07-08-2004, 07:24 PM
Yep, I even drove one and they do work. Don Cucci used to put them in his "Comp Jet" circle boats!..:cool:

07-08-2004, 07:53 PM
I drove a friend's Canyon jet with a cavatation plate and a place diverter...I didn't have enough hands and feet to operate all that shit at one time. I felt like the one armed paper hanger and the one legged man in an ass-kicking contest.:D

repo man
07-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Boatmike
looks alot like my old Hondo 12 deg v-bottom.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/755My_Hondo_Rear-med.JPG any info about how the hondo handles? does it take a set like a runner bottom?

Jr. bentpipes
07-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Dang!
Don't tell me that is a victor ram with a blower on it? Is that the new set-up you should be going for?

BrendellaJet
07-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Jacks circle jet has got plates like that. My Brendella transom looks the same. Not sure if its the same bottom or not, but mine is supposedly good to over a hundred...

Boatmike
07-08-2004, 09:35 PM
The 12 deg bottom that i had is not really recomended for speeds over 100mph great boat for a lake boat rides like a jet but not good for a race boat unstable if you put alot of horsepower to them. Not like i know because this boat only had about 450 hp
but had a friend who had one with alot of HP and it was not a good combo according to the feedback he gave me. Just great for a lake boat!

superdave013
07-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Well, looking at that pic, it looks to me like it's controlling Cavitation plates, not a diverter. I may be seeing things here, but I don't even see a diverter on that boat
lol, I guess I was not looking at the pic very close. The one I saw did control the diverter though.

Bense468
07-08-2004, 10:34 PM
The pump is wedged up, he uses the down to come out just like you would a flat.
Why does it look like the blower is sitting on a tunnel ram though.

BigBoyToys
07-09-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Bense468
Why does it look like the blower is sitting on a tunnel ram though.
Because it is :confused: Looks Like An Edelbrock VIctor 2R to me:confused:

DetroitJim
07-09-2004, 05:36 AM
I saw one of those hulls with a v-drive running 9 sec. class at Poplar Bluff Missouri, when he got out of it and set the nose down it chine walked some. I would not want to throw big power at that hull. Seems like the jet would be worse with less rudder. Or maybe not since there is no propeller torque.
DJ

haulina29
07-09-2004, 06:41 AM
This boat hauls ass . it was raced in the IHBA for years before they went to a blown gas hydro Ahh sum Toy. Blosdale did the motors in both the jet and th BGH they raced the hydro until they fliped it and Mike had cracked neck or back and was advised not to drive anymore . These guys are high dollar not ebay jack offs . This boat was built and raced 17 years ago and it looked just like it does now except it had turbos .They worked from this boat up to a capsuled IHBA BGH ,BBT your talkin shit about the wrong guys get out the IHBA logs and see how many passes they have made and then check yours . If you dont no what your talkin about or who shut the f up ;)

coolchange
07-09-2004, 09:43 AM
was that ahhsum toy a C&H? Yellow with candies down the center? They flipped it?

Slyder
07-09-2004, 01:59 PM
My brother and I own the same hull w/a v-drive and I have to say that it is the best handling lake boat that you can get in a 17'10" hull.
With light power - 461 oval port it ran 10.52 @ 98 at Ming and w/a 10:1 580" it radared at 108 at CFW....and was a whole bunch quicker....just never made it back to Ming.
I felt very comfortable over 100 mph, but I don't think I would try going 125 in it.
Paul

Boatmike
07-09-2004, 03:27 PM
I totally agree they are an awsome lake boat and handle vary well, but , they are al lakeboat.:D

Ex PSI Canyon
07-09-2004, 04:56 PM
I'm sure this was a very quick boat in it's day, I have seen cav plates on a blown injected eliminator tunnel that Dan Nelson worked on, The cav plates make sense if you need to slow down or get the nose down in a big hurry, at least faster than dropping the nozzle, looks like this one is fixed like most. There's only one drawback with this set-up... the idea in a jet boat is to get the whole boat as light as possible, less drag, with this set-up on a flattie or runner bottom you are pinching the back of the boat at high speed which will cause air to trap and make the boat unsafe, that's why the truly fast jets are all tunnel hulls, it's a bitchin boat regardless and pretty cool idea in it's day. Unfortunately It does'nt have a prop.

boat junkee
07-09-2004, 06:03 PM
Hey BoatMike, do you know if this boat is still in the area? If so is it for sale? I lost track of it after Johnson sold it.

BigBoyToys
07-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by haulina29
BBT your talkin shit about the wrong guys get out the IHBA logs and see how many passes they have made and then check yours . If you dont no what your talkin about or who shut the f up ;)
I wasn't talking shit about the boat. Reread my posts and you'll see that I said that it's a nice boat, but I've just never seen on setup like that. Then I replied to someone else who said something about the plates setup to run the place diverter to which I replied that it looked like those were actual cavitation plates and I didn't see a place diverter on it. Go back and read the posts moron! All I said is that it was a nice boat but I've never seen one setup like that. Could be a pretty cool idea if someone was to set one up right.....But nooooo, you have to go off spewing at the mouth. Not only that, I said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the speed of the boat, one way or the other, nor did I say anything about IHBA passes or mine. Maybe it's you that don't know what the F you are talking about, or rather, maybe you do but you just don't know how to read.:rolleyes: Go back and re read the posts, and try to use a little more literacy and common sense next time before replying to me.......:cool:

Sangster
07-10-2004, 09:58 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: .........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .....

BigBoyToys
07-11-2004, 04:06 AM
;) :D :D

Rexone
07-11-2004, 04:29 AM
You guys wanna call each other names and shet we can do that.
In bench racers. :eek:
This isn't the jet forum :eek:
even though this is a jet boat :confused:
rex(oneshotacrossthebow)one

BigBoyToys
07-11-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
You guys wanna call each other names and shet we can do that.
In bench racers. :eek:
This isn't the jet forum :eek:
even though this is a jet boat :confused:
rex(oneshotacrossthebow)one
No worries Mike, I'm done with this topic.;) I think I did point out though in one of my posts that it should be a V-Drive:D :D :D

1st Timer
07-11-2004, 03:09 PM
I wasn't talking shit about the boat. Reread my posts and you'll see that I said that it's a nice boat, but I've just never seen on setup like that. Then I replied to someone else who said something about the plates setup to run the place diverter to which I replied that it looked like those were actual cavitation plates and I didn't see a place diverter on it. Go back and read the posts moron! All I said is that it was a nice boat but I've never seen one setup like that. Could be a pretty cool idea if someone was to set one up right.....But nooooo, you have to go off spewing at the mouth. Not only that, I said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the speed of the boat, one way or the other, nor did I say anything about IHBA passes or mine. Maybe it's you that don't know what the F you are talking about, or rather, maybe you do but you just don't know how to read.:rolleyes: Go back and re read the posts, and try to use a little more literacy and common sense next time before replying to me.......:cool:
BBT. Once again your mouth is spewing checks your ass can't cash. Same o'le pattern, different day.

Rexone
07-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Last warning, get it on topic or off to bench racers it goes.
:)

haulina29
07-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Time to move again :)

BigBoyToys
07-12-2004, 04:36 AM
It really is a nice boat, and an interesting idea setting up the plates like that on a jet. I hope that they are able to sell it for what they are asking for it and maybe someday I'll get to see it running out on the water.:cool: :)