PDA

View Full Version : American ***boat Pilot Episode

Spotondl
07-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Principle shooting has begun on the pilot episode of American ***boat. Themed after "American Chopper" and "American Hotrod", American ***boat will showcase high horsepower, highly custom boats being built from the bottom up.
The show is being shot in High Definition so that it can be broadcast in HD and/or downconverted to standard definition.
To date, there is no "channel" that has picked this up but as the show develops further, negotiations will begin in short order.
This is a general, non-detailed release. As the show develops additional project details will be released. Ok, one detail...
Hondo runnerbottom...
Thanks to all involved.

Mandelon
07-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Who's making the boats featured?

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Are they old boats being re-done....or new custom boats?
We all want to know............;)

HighRoller
07-08-2004, 07:10 PM
How about "American ***boat.com"? Since all the other American themed shows try to replicate the drama of reality TV, maybe they should take a stroll over here and see some REAL drama:D

Mandelon
07-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Am I gonna read in Spaise's column that the show is riding the mag's coattails...?

Spotondl
Originally posted by Debbolas
Are they old boats being re-done....or new custom boats?
We all want to know............;)
All the above. 3000 hp ocean racers, 1600 hp freeboard challenged, deck boats, who knows maybe even a 100+ mph bass boat... There is no limit as long as the project is completely custom and one of a kind...

Debbolas
as IF we want to be on TV?!?!?
;)

Spotondl
07-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Am I gonna read in Spaise's column that the show is riding the mag's coattails...?
ROFLMAO

DogHouse
07-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if "***boat" mag will claim that the tv show of similar name will be "riding their coattails" again??? :rolleyes:
(In case you didn't know, that previous comment was in reference to some earlier drama in the mag and here on the boards!)
Good luck with the show, I'm looking forward to seeing it on the air.
:D

Mandelon
07-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Just don't tell anybody else about the river ok??? Its crowded enough.

DogHouse
07-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Oops, looks like I'm slow once again. Darn you Mandy! :D

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by DogHouse
Hmmm, I wonder if "***boat" mag will claim that the tv show of similar name will be "riding their coattails" again??? :rolleyes:
(In case you didn't know, that previous comment was in reference to some earlier drama in the mag and here on the boards!)
Good luck with the show, I'm looking forward to seeing it on the air.
LOL:D

C-2
07-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Haaaa haaa haaaa too funny.
:D :D :D

C-2
07-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Damn you guys are fast..four posts in like a few minutes. Geesh.

HighRoller
07-08-2004, 07:23 PM
I would enjoy seeing that because I think "originality" has become a rare quality in today's boating world. Even the newest DCB I've seen, while beautiful, was shown in a picture and in the background you saw three other boats with the same tribal type graphics. What happened to people wanting to be different? Go to the Sandbar and you'll see a couple hundred cats and vees with the same paint job schemes and the same engines. Dare to be different!!!!

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Sounds like they should film this at Kachina Boats!

Dr. Eagle
07-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Nah Deb, John West of Ultra has already been a TV kinda guy for some time... with two Monster Garage projects and the multiple times his boats have been used on fear factor... He'd be perfect...

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 07:55 PM
I don't know, Louie would be really good on TV!

shueman
07-08-2004, 08:00 PM
We need a ***boat Channel.....!!!!

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by shueman
We need a ***boat Channel.....!!!!
I concur!!!

Dr. Eagle
07-08-2004, 08:05 PM
My show will be called "Suck my Carbon Monoxide".......

DUNDUN
07-08-2004, 08:05 PM
I concur!!!
Ditto:)

roln 20s
07-08-2004, 08:06 PM
John West of Ultra has already been a TV kinda guy for some time... with two Monster Garage projects and the multiple times his boats have been used on fear factor... He'd be perfect...
I would agree with this...but I'm sure if there is so enough "Drama" at Ultra. Lets face it--we watch OCC to see Paul Sr yell at Paul Jr...and some bad ass bikes. I have some other company in mind :D :p Bet no one could guess :)
Roln 20s

Dr. Eagle
07-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
I would agree with this...but I'm sure if there is so enough "Drama" at Ultra. Lets face it--we watch OCC to see Paul Sr yell at Paul Jr...and some bad ass bikes. I have some other company in mind :D :p Bet no one could guess :)
Roln 20s
Not the Eliminator Soap Opera???

Debbolas
07-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Commander?

Dr. Eagle
07-08-2004, 08:27 PM
OK, enough time's elapsed... what were you thinking?

Kilrtoy
07-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
OK, enough time's elapsed... what were you thinking?
Who was thinking stop lying

HighRoller
07-08-2004, 08:34 PM
So if we blend the "Sometimes I wonder" thread with a new episode of American ***boat.com, we get:
" Tonight, on American ***boat.com......the tension builds as forum members take sides..."
HolyRoller: Damn those girls with tats look skanky.
RiverDan: Girls with bolt ons aren't skanks! I've had plenty of them on my nordick!
Mrs flippin Vee: Yeah, who you callin a skank?
Bad Blown 472: The bass player from white Zombie looks good on my Carerra and she's NOT a skank!
Mandelin: I knocked one out on my new boat after serenading my girl with a little guitar, and she's not a skank.
Kilroy: My wife's bolt ons are bigger than your wife's, and she gets turned on listening to Styx....
Blink Blink: Yeah, well my boat is faster than yours.....and my wife ain't no skank.
Screetch: I don't care about no skanks, how do you fix prop cuts?
Debboleum: Screetch, what's that banging noise coming from the back of the boat and why are we slowing down?
JordanPutz: You fkin cocksucker jackoff fkstick make me a drink
Unlatched: I've never had skanks on my boat if you don't count the last ten weekends....
"Watch next week's episode, where you'll see OG Rocker say:"
John Kerry's really a nice guy.....

C-2
07-08-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
So if we blend the "Sometimes I wonder" thread with a new episode of American ***boat.com, we get:
" Tonight, on American ***boat.com......the tension builds as forum members take sides..."
RiverDan: Girls with bolt ons aren't skanks! I've had plenty of them on my nordick!
Bad Blown 472: The bass player from white Zombie looks good on my Carerra and she's NOT a skank!
Mandelin: I knocked one out on my new boat after serenading my girl with a little guitar, and she's not a skank.
Kilroy: My wife's bolt ons are bigger than your wife's, and she gets turned on listening to Styx....
Blink Blink: Yeah, well my boat is faster than yours.....and my wife ain't no skank.
Debboleum: Screetch, what's that banging noise coming from the back of the boat and why are we slowing down?
Unlatched: I've never had skanks on my boat if you don't count the last ten weekends....
lol, that's pretty good. :D :D :D

Dr. Eagle
07-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by C-2
lol, that's pretty good. :D :D :D
Thats effing hilarious!!!!!!!!!

redneckgirl
07-08-2004, 08:52 PM
FLMAO :D :eek: :D
RNG

Spotondl
07-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Nice audition... Ever thought of script writing?

HighRoller
07-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Actually, I'm an aspiring novelist. (No joke) I have a few manuscripts in the works and will be contacting a local agent by the end of the year. I could actually rewrite that whole scene in novel form if anyone wants.......it would be hilarious!!

Ziggy
07-08-2004, 09:47 PM
as IF we want to be on TV?!?!?
;)
Like the back of your head;) :D

superdave013
07-08-2004, 10:00 PM
I could swear I've seen that steering collum before. It was even in a hondo. Hummmmm, should be cool.
Who is doing the plumbing?

fourspeednup
07-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
OK, enough time's elapsed... what were you thinking? It's a shot in the dark but I'm gonna say he was thinking of Howard....don't kick me if I'm wrong though, I hate being kicked;)

fourspeednup
07-08-2004, 10:18 PM
John Kerry's really a nice guy..... Goddamn man! I've shook my head at some of your posts but now I have to pick myself up off the floor! ROTFLMAO:D :D :D

OGShocker
07-08-2004, 11:47 PM
That'll happen. He might be a nice guy.... I hear they finish last!

Spotondl
07-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
I could swear I've seen that steering collum before. It was even in a hondo. Hummmmm, should be cool.
Who is doing the plumbing?
Bet you have... Still a lot of work to do....

Tom Brown
07-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Hey Spotondl, pitch my 1973 Glastron v-173 project to these TV guys. It's only modestly custom but who doesn't love a Glastron?
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=782999

HighRoller
07-09-2004, 12:01 AM
That'll happen. He might be a nice guy.... I hear they finish last!
Now that he's got John"Cerebral Palsy made me rich" Edwards, he's definitely the little guy's candidate. I have to agree with Terry Mcauliffe's assertion that John Edwards is not an ambulance chaser. He chased wheelchairs. And he definitely is in favor of the little guy because he used the little guy's sick kid to make 150 million as a trial lawyer!!

Tom Brown
07-09-2004, 12:08 AM
And he definitely is in favor of the little guy because he used the little guy's sick kid to make 150 million as a trial lawyer!!
Sure, but don't forget Bush has copulated with several corpses and Cheney regularly uses orphans instead of clay pigeons for skeet shooting.
I'm beginning to see how great American style politics are. It's fun kicking dirt on the opponents of your boy. :D

HighRoller
07-09-2004, 04:49 AM
Umm, I wasn't exaggerrating on this one. John Edwards actually fought in court to prove that a doctor's error or treatment caused a girl to get Cerebral Palsy. For those who know, CP is a totally genetic disease that occurs in a rare amount of people and there is absolutely no possibility of a doctor's treatment or mistreatment resulting in you getting it. But to John Edwards it was a gravy train. 150 million in his pocket. But he's the friend of he little guy as long as the little guy has a disabled kid. SCUMBAG!

shueman
07-09-2004, 05:12 AM
Actually, I'm an aspiring novelist. (No joke) I have a few manuscripts in the works and will be contacting a local agent by the end of the year. I could actually rewrite that whole scene in novel form if anyone wants.......it would be hilarious!!
DO IT...!!! :) Your piece was very original and flippin hilarious...:D
Maybe a monthly "lampoon" newsletter....I'd buy a copy or two....:idea:

EricU
07-09-2004, 06:58 AM
So who is going to play the tough guy Paul Sr. role this time?
It is pretty damn funny to watch Boyd Coddington try act all loud and tough-ass in his Hawaiian shirt and shriveled up body. Maybe this time they could have a hot tough chick yelling at the employees.
It is too bad these shows just don’t show the talent and skills that it takes to pull off these projects. The soap opera crap just gets a little old, not to mention the “we were all a little stressed, so we decided to go play basketball/ go hang-gliding/ go-karting/ skeet-shooting/ sumo wrestling” crap segments.

Tom Brown
07-09-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by shueman
Maybe a monthly "lampoon" newsletter....I'd buy a copy or two....:idea:
I'll find a free web site that has a scan of it.

1stepcloser
07-09-2004, 07:00 AM
Rumour had it that Ultra's build of Jesse's Shadow was filmed for a possible new series....
:confused:

BLOWN HOWARD
07-09-2004, 07:15 AM
This is gonna be a sick program hopefully they will get my boat in the shoot in the backround!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

riverrunner
07-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
Rumour had it that Ultra's build of Jesse's Shadow was filmed for a possible new series....
:confused:
It would be interesting to see how they edit the gel coating of the boat to NOT show that it was actually painted on the outside like everyone is saying it was. Although the boat itself is creating plenty of drama to make for an interesting show.

RiverDave
07-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Sounds like they should film this at Kachina Boats!
What's "custom" about a kachina other then the paint?
RD

roostwear
07-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by EricU
It is pretty damn funny to watch Boyd Coddington try act all loud and tough-ass in his Hawaiian shirt and shriveled up body. Maybe this time they could have a hot tough chick yelling at the employees.
It is too bad these shows just don’t show the talent and skills that it takes to pull off these projects. The soap opera crap just gets a little old, not to mention the “we were all a little stressed, so we decided to go play basketball/ go hang-gliding/ go-karting/ skeet-shooting/ sumo wrestling” crap segments.
I can see it now.... "we were all stressed, so we hit the river and sucked down beverages for the rest of the day. Well, all but the DD, of course. Went to the Sandbar for some wildlife observations, too."
I'd watch it.......

superdave013
07-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by EricU
That would have to be the one and only bad ass himself. Billy B. :D

eliminatedsprinter
07-09-2004, 11:49 AM
When Jessie James was featured in Motorcycle maddness 1 his bikes started as 35k. The next year when they did MM 2 they said they started at 60k + . I would enjoy watching the show, but I don't wan't to see a fad raise boat prices or ^ the crowds at our lakes.

superdave013
07-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Guys, I'm thinkin this is gonna be a v drive thing. Should not affect any other part of the boating indursty. If it brings more intrest back to v drives that would be a good thing!

HCS
07-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Hey Spotondl, pitch my 1973 Glastron v-173 project to these TV guys. It's only modestly custom but who doesn't love a Glastron?
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=782999
I love those Glastrons. Especially the ones the black guys drove
in "Live and Let Die."
Bond......James Bond.

eliminatedsprinter
07-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Guys, I'm thinkin this is gonna be a v drive thing. Should not affect any other part of the boating indursty. If it brings more intrest back to v drives that would be a good thing!
I hope you are right. :cool:

Spotondl
07-09-2004, 02:17 PM
True, the first 2 projects are V-drives but there is another project in the works with 2 #6's and enough HP to test those little bitty, eancy weancy, drives..... LOL

Schiada76
07-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Whip 'em into a frenzy Rich!!!!!!!!:D
Where's my damn intake fabricator? Fixin his junk??:rolleyes:

roln 20s
07-09-2004, 06:34 PM
True, the first 2 projects are V-drives but there is another project in the works with 2 #6's and enough HP to test those little bitty, eancy weancy, drives..... LOL
From the sounds of this...if it is a company--it sounds like it could be Schiada. But I'm still leaning toward another direction... :D :D
Roln 20s

Spotondl
07-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by BradP
Where's my damn intake fabricator? Fixin his junk??:rolleyes:
If he fixes his junk he will have more time to do some real work...
ABC, D will fall into place....
The other shoe is falling....

EricU
07-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Crap! I just sold my EFI, whippled Schiada Rivercruiser!! Oh well, I still have my Air Natique (it is a V-drive, but not a hot boat).
I think I'm gonna start looking for a 21' Daytona, I got a big ol nasty 540 in the works that I might hook up to a squirt pump! If American Hot Boat jacks up the prices on V-drives, maybe everyone will forget about the little old Daytona squirt boats.
Eric.

Spotondl
07-10-2004, 09:55 PM
No boat genre is safe, not even the ditch pumps... We are all DOOOOOOMED....

Dr. Eagle
07-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Spotondl
No boat genre is safe, not even the ditch pumps... We are all DOOOOOOMED....
DOOOOOOOOOOOMED! (http://www.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/dramawm.html?link=4)

HighRoller
07-11-2004, 01:11 AM
This week, on American ***boat.com......The pressure builds as the OP6C12 theme boat nears deadline...
Riverdale:"Where are the bolt-on speakers I ordered? This boat will not be complete without bolt-ons in the open bow!"
superDave007:"You need some AN fittings for those bolt-ons dude!"
BlowinHoward:"As long as you bolt on a Vdrive I'm cool."
MrsFlappinVee:"I've got some bolt ons in my new boat and I love em!"
AZDONtvoteforbush:"If you don't see "Fraudandhate 911" before you build this boat you're ignorant!"
Highbowler:"Be sure to bolt on a Kerry-Edwards steering system. It will zig and zag and swerve away from all dangerous issues. It comes standard with a pair of flip-floppers."

superdave013
07-12-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Spotondl
Bet you have... Still a lot of work to do....
Ok, I got to check this boat out over the past weekend.
Let's just say it's off the friggen hook!
Yeah, I got some pics. :D

Froggystyle
07-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Ok, I got to check this boat out over the past weekend.
Let's just say it's off the friggen hook!
Yeah, I got some pics. :D
OK... give up the goods Dave. What is it?