PDA

View Full Version : Question for the ladies, Is it too long?

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Is 4 years too long to have a girlfriend without getting married. I dont think it is. Had one buddy who was with his GF for 19 years but they lived together.

topless
07-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Depends on why you are waiting.

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 03:18 PM
My wife and I dated 12 years before we got married.I didnt want to rush into it!:D

Her454
07-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Exactly, depends on why you are waiting. And 19 years is way too long in my opinion........:D

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Was married got divorced lost my ass, still looking for it! Dont really know why women gotta push the issue. Am i wrong?

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Why is marriage SO important?

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:21 PM
My wife and I dated 12 years before we got married.I didnt want to rush into it!
Now thats what Im talkin bout. Jrocket, you on Socaps?

YW82DRM
07-09-2004, 03:21 PM
It depends on many factors:
Do you want to get married?
Why wait?
Are you sure she's the one?
How does she feel about it?
All relationships are different and you have to be comfortable with when you are ready....
Honestly I though I wanted to married 3 years ago... Come to find out I just wanted to be enegaged and take it easy.... If she is bugging you and you love her ask her ti marry you...
Just becasue you ask her doesn't mean you have to get married the next day or even the next year!

topless
07-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Excessive Force
Was married got divorced lost my ass, still looking for it! Dont really know why women gotta push the issue. Am i wrong?
Maybe because she loves you and there is some security in marraige. If you think she is going to take you for everyhting then why are you even dating her?

Excessive Force
st becasue you ask her doesn't mean you have to get married the next day or even the next year!
Thinkin about doin it that way. Engage then wait a few.

MagicMtnDan
The best thing about "waiting too long" is that if they don't like it they can and do move on. That saves you from marrying someone who doesn't think you're worth sticking around for :D
Besides, if women are all so gungho about getting married they can marry each other - seems to be real popular these days. :rolleyes:

Debbolas
07-09-2004, 03:23 PM
I don't know Scream and I knew each other all of two months before he proposed, moved in together three months after meeting and we were married 8 months after we met. ;)

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Now thats what Im talkin bout. Jrocket, you on Socaps?
Yes.

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:24 PM
Maybe because she loves you and there is some security in marraige. If you think she is going to take you for everyhting then why are you even dating her?
I think all men think that way. am i right?

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:24 PM
guess who?

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:25 PM
marriage isnt any securer than going out. divorces exist. so why the hell is marrieage more secure?

topless
Have her sign a prenup.

Her454
Originally posted by topless
I completely agree with this..............and I think you either know its right, or you dont.

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 03:26 PM
guess who?
Im think'n

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:27 PM
I actually think she would have no prob. with that. just the whole wedding thing gets me all...mental . Why me lord!

Starloans
I thought this thread was going to be about something else. :confused:

Some Kind Of Monster
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Besides, if women are all so gungho about getting married they can marry each other - seems to be real popular these days. :rolleyes:
LMAO Agreed

topless
07-09-2004, 03:28 PM
I actually think she would have no prob. with that. just the whole wedding thing gets me all...mental . Why me lord!
LMAO!:D ...................mental

Jrocket
Originally posted by topless
Have her sign a prenup.
Make sure you do it right too.My buddy just lost alot of what he had because her lawyer found a flaw in the prenup.It all came down to her saying that she didnt understand what she signed and it stuck in court!

YW82DRM
I agree with the above but marriage is important and just becasue divorce exsists doesn't mean it can't be special. You have to believe in marriage and believe in love...... Waiting too long can show a lack of commitment BUT I love my fiance and we know eachother well enogh to not push one another. What's wrong with meeting in the middle!?

Excessive Force
I thought this thread was going to be about something else.
Yea i figured!

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Make sure you do it right too.My buddy just lost alot of what he had because her lawyer found a flaw in the prenup.It all came down to her saying that she didnt understand what she signed and it stuck in court!
Its a womens court!! thats bullsh8t

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:30 PM
what would be considered in the middle? engagement?

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Same name on Socaps?

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:32 PM
NAY. seen you in ontario the other day

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 03:33 PM
ahhhh duramax?white lifted ford? J or D or dyno guy?....Quit making me guess

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:34 PM
pitbull

YW82DRM
07-09-2004, 03:36 PM
When my fiance asked me 3 years ago....I started planning the day in my head 2 seconds after I said yes and he stopped me and said NO I would like to wait at least a year... At first I was mad .... Then the next year I said how about now and he said we don't have the money... Mind you I love him and I know his reasons are valid so I wait... Then we finally pick at date and I want to push it out and he freaks.... You have to find that happy medium... If being engaged for a while is okay with you and she is happy then why not.... If she wants to get married in 1 year try to get her to see things your way and make it 2.:D

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:38 PM
hate to sound like a dick here but 2 may not be enough. being together sounds good enough to me. whats the big dealio

YW82DRM
07-09-2004, 03:39 PM
It's a girl thing and I would have carpel tunnel trying to type it to you..... Why is it such an issue with you,..... R u skeered?

HCS
07-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Is 4 years too long to have a girlfriend without getting married. I dont think it is. Had one buddy who was with his GF for 19 years but they lived together.
I dated the same chick for 12 years before I married someone else.

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:41 PM
R u skeered?
Hell yea! guess this will always be a war between men and women.

YW82DRM
07-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Well when u are skeered than it probably isn't right........ You'll just know when you are ready but just remember that the grass isn't always greener on the other side..... I kinda freaked myslef after I was all excited..... The Mr thought I was loosing my mind... I just had to be sure that WE could be married and still have fun.... I am not into the ball and chain but I am okay with a best friend, a lover, and a life long companion that I will have to pick up after for life:D

ratso
07-09-2004, 03:47 PM
I really prefer dating...those relationships have lasted longer than most of my marriages, and I didn't lose my ASS like I did to all the ex-wives.

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 03:47 PM
pitbull
I thought it was you.Welcome to Hot Boat hell.:D
The problem with marriage starts with the soon to be mother in law.A mother inlaw pushes her daughter to trap a man down and get some kind of closer in life.If she has a sister then its a race to get married first or to show the sister that they did better.Its all a drama game.Woman love drama,soap opras for example.Women love to feel wanted and wanted usually means...I want a house...a car...a family...alot of money(dont lie either)...and to be recognized by all her friends that she out did them all.Mean while the mother in law keeps sits back and coaches her from the side lines(telephone).All you can do is watch your back(bank account).:D
And here come the complaints!:D

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
I dated the same chick for 12 years before I married someone else.
Excellent plan! You have to feel them out before you buy.

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:49 PM
I really prefer dating...those relationships have lasted longer than most of my marriages, and I didn't lose my ASS like I did to all the ex-wives.
finally, someone that sees it the way i do

YW82DRM
07-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Well here is my complaint........ I make good money and I am plenty happy working and don't plan on stopping.... It's really unfortunate that some stupid woman came along and made you turn bitter...... I bring 50 % to this relationship and I like it that way.... Sorry if a lazy woman turned you bitter and cold..... Love isn't all that bad and if it is get OUT fast before you do loose it.... Risks are the same for women who make good money ya know!

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:51 PM
The problem with marriage starts with the soon to be mother in law.A mother inlaw pushes her daughter to trap a man down and get some kind of closer in life.If she has a sister then its a race to get married first or to show the sister that they did better.Its all a drama game.Woman love drama,soap opras for example.Women love to feel wanted and wanted usually means...I want a house...a car...a family...alot of money(dont lie either)...and to be recognized by all her friends that she out did them all.Mean while the mother in law keeps sits back and coaches her from the side lines(telephone).All you can do is watch your back(bank account).
What is really bringing it up even more is that her sister just moved in with her BF of 1.5 years!! now shes wonderin what the hell is going on with us!

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:52 PM
that bastard!!

ratso
07-09-2004, 03:52 PM
finally, someone that sees it the way i do
Hey, I'd write a book but they would all come back after me for a percentage of that too. I'd probably end up oweing them all over again...

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by YW82DRM
I make good money and I am plenty happy working and don't plan on stopping.... It's really unfortunate that some stupid woman came along and made you turn bitter...... I bring 50 % to this relationship and I like it that way....
Perfect attitude.My wife has the same idea,thats why she's the best!:D

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Well here is my complaint........ I make good money and I am plenty happy working and don't plan on stopping.... It's really unfortunate that some stupid woman came along and made you turn bitter...... I bring 50 % to this relationship and I like it that way.... Sorry if a lazy woman turned you bitter and cold..... Love isn't all that bad and if it is get OUT fast before you do loose it.... Risks are the same for women who make good money ya know!
she makes average $$. my exwife didnt even have to work. she didnt cook or anything, whille i busted my ass 15 hrs a day. but was there dinner for me on the table,,,nooooooooo! I need therapy!

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 03:56 PM
What is really bringing it up even more is that her sister just moved in with her BF of 1.5 years!! now shes wonderin what the hell is going on with us!
I hate to say this but it will get worse.Im willing to bet that the sister will get a ring before you make up your mind on your deal.Then all hell is going to break loose,and if she finds out your talking about stuff like this to your frineds....OHHHHH sheeit,you'd better hang on.

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 03:58 PM
I hate to say this but it will get worse.Im willing to bet that the sister will get a ring before you make up your mind on your deal.Then all hell is going to break loose,and if she finds out your talking about stuff like this to your frineds....OHHHHH sheeit,you'd better hang on.
Dude i know it will thats why im getting my strategy straight!

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Dude i know it will thats why im getting my strategy straight!
Tell her to focus on your relationship and not others.Good things will come in the end.Either together or apart.
BTW,I'm always giving advice on marriage to the drunks down at the local bar....for some reason the women hate me there as well. :D

little rowe boat
07-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
My wife and I dated 12 years before we got married.I didnt want to rush into it!:D
I thought 6 1/2 years was long.

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Thats barely enuf time to get to know each other well.

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
You didnt give in did ya?:D

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 04:05 PM
people at work made me think i was insane, like 4 years was waaaay too long

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 04:06 PM
i can always depend on ***boat.com for real life answers!

little rowe boat
You didnt give in did ya?:D
Thats why I married her,she was the only woman that I ever dated that never pressured me to marry her.

Jrocket
Tell ya what...woman cant take a joke today or a good swift kick in the rear for that matter!:D
Just kidd'n ladies.:)

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
never pressured me to marry her.
Good girl there.

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Just kidd'n ladies.
kinda sort of u mean!

UtlGoa
07-09-2004, 04:09 PM
If she swallows, marry her. j/k Get married when your ready. Make the woman wait for a change...:D

little rowe boat
07-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Good girl there.
I got very lucky.

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 04:10 PM
maybe if i tell her if she has a problem waiting to just get on. im sure she ll realize its nothgin worth breakin up over?? maybe?

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 04:11 PM
I got married because my wife stuck by me through goodtimes,sickness,jail,between jobs,real bad times and everything else.Thats why,and she never really pressured me about it.
That and I needed a tax write off.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Four years is long enough for you to figure out if you like hanging out with her or not. If you like being with her more than anyone else, and if she has been hinting that it's time for you to sh!t or get off the pot, you'd better ask her. Just make her agree to at least a year engagement (that'll give you five years). If you have no desire to be married to this woman, then for god's sake, let her know now. If she hasn't been hinting about marriage, then don't worry about it.:D

Debbolas
07-09-2004, 04:12 PM
I don't know there are ton of Womens magazine with the theory if "he won't commit, move on"
This is something personal between you two, no one can give you the right answer. What is the right time for one couple may not be the right time for you all.;)

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 04:13 PM
That and I needed a tax write off.
bet it was the latter. what exhaust did you get?

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Just make her agree to at least a year engagement (that'll give you five years).
This way sounds the best but like someone said as soon as you pop or was that poop the question, that will be on her f*cking mind day after day night after night. that wont make it easy to make it the four year wait.

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 04:16 PM
maybe if i tell her if she has a problem waiting to just get on. im sure she ll realize its nothgin worth breakin up over?? maybe?
Well with out trying to sound GAY or anything in here.....Your gonna think your mind is telling you what to do,but its actually your.....oh I cant say it.You get the picture right?
If she really wants to be with you then she wont leave no matter what!Even if it involves not getting married.
I think I need to shoot something to make me feel more manly now!

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 04:16 PM
4yr wait is the best i could EVER hope for!

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 04:17 PM
jrocket did u pick up an exhaust?

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 04:17 PM
life was nice and level for a while there. now its going down

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 04:18 PM
bet it was the latter. what exhaust did you get?
Latter was a good thing...just the standard tip.

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 04:20 PM
jrocket did u pick up an exhaust?
They put it on right after you left.Turbo back,Im waiting on the cat delete pipe.
Dynoed at 395HP@3500rpm and 675TQ@3000rpm.Engine was way hot,could have got 400 probably..not sure.Truck runs awesome.

dmontzsta
I have been with my woman for 9 years and have a 5 year old son. :)

Jrocket
life was nice and level for a while there. now its going down
Life is what you make it,remember that always.

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 04:21 PM
guess your not runnin stock

Jrocket
07-09-2004, 04:22 PM
guess your not runnin stock
Heavy foot! HEHEHEHE :D

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 04:25 PM
prolly gonna swap mine out for a dual....more noise!!i hope

repo man
07-09-2004, 04:44 PM
if they press you to mary them it's only because they"re tired of doing somthing, like blow jobs, working ,cleaning house, staying thin ,being nice to your friends, on and on .i'm sure you get the point.

dmontzsta
07-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by repo man
if they press you to mary them it's only because they"re tired of doing somthing, like blow jobs, working ,cleaning house, staying thin ,being nice to your friends, on and on .i'm sure you get the point.
hahaha,
did you get my message? :

repo man
07-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
hahaha,
did you get my message? : nope

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by repo man
That's bullsh!t. I've been married for 14 years and still do all those things. Sounds like you picked the wrong girl and got some sour grapes.http://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/mp_dush.gif
I think you should go hang out with these guys (http://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/end.jpg)
:D

Debbolas
07-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood
That's bullsh!t. I've been married for 14 years and still do all those things. Sounds like you picked the wrong girl and got some sour grapes.http://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/mp_dush.gif
I think you should go hang out with these guys (http://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/end.jpg)
:D
LOL:D I was thinking the same thing....................

Excessive Force
07-09-2004, 05:59 PM
not too many people get to say your happy once your married, so if you are consider yourself lucky

repo man
07-09-2004, 06:46 PM
''official beer getter'' means your an exception not the rule

repo man
07-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood
:D did you hammer your husband on a daily basis to get married ? if not that doesn't pertain to you :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Actually, no. I just refused to move in with him:cool: