PDA

View Full Version : Cbbb ?

robert_pv
07-10-2004, 01:07 PM
We will have a boat loaded 30' Kachina at the CBBB. It appears this event is more geared toward blown flat bottoms. Saturday August, 14th is my daughters 17th B-day she 's having friends attend the CBBB with us. Hopefully our boat is welcomed and isn't the wrong type for this event .

superdave013
07-10-2004, 01:18 PM
I'm sure you all will be welcome with open arms. But..... have you ever run that boat in that area? If you know the river in that area I guess you're all set. If you don't there is a very good chance you will damage your outdrive.
I just left Prime Marine. Scream's big Kachina is there getting a skeg welded on (along with prop replaced). Guess where he did it?
But by all means come out. If nothing else you can launch at Needles.

robert_pv
07-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Did Screams boat get damaged while launching at the Avi?

ahhell
07-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by robert_pv
Did Sreams boat get damaged while launching at the Avi?
He wasnt launching...we were heading up there from Moabi to check it out, I stopped about a mile past (north) of the bridge cuz of low fuel, and scream kept going to Avi and somewhere from where i was to there he hit a rather large submerged Rock and did a little bit 'o damage:eek: flatties and jets should have no problem if you keep your eyes open, deep v's..????????bring props and welders

HCS
07-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
He wasnt launching...we were heading up there from Moabi to check it out, I stopped about a mile past (north) of the bridge cuz of low fuel, and scream kept going to Avi and somewhere from where i was to there he hit a rather large submerged Rock and did a little bit 'o damage:eek: flatties and jets should have no problem if you keep your eyes open, deep v's..????????bring props and welders
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mohavekid
07-10-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms at the CBBB.
Unless you know that stretch of the river you might have some trouble. There are some real shallow spots along with some hidden rock bars just low enough to ruin your outdrive on a boat that big and deep.

roostwear
07-10-2004, 03:38 PM
You'll be welcome at CBBB, and if you need help navigating, just ask a local and we'll be glad to help you out. Keep in mind, something that size won't make it into the lagoon until after noon, and that'll mean anchoring. Have fun and be careful.

robert_pv
07-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Why cant i get into the lagoon until noon? Does the water level rise after noon?

dmontzsta
07-10-2004, 09:27 PM
I thought it was mostly a jet meet and was wondering if my un-blown flatty is welcomed. :)

FOURQ
07-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
I thought it was mostly a jet meet and was wondering if my un-blown flatty is welcomed. :)
all clasics are welcome wether it has a JET or a *rop.
that 30' kachina will have some problems tho. the water comes up late so be carefull but please do come and bring the little ones:D

JetBoatRich
07-10-2004, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by robert_pv
We will have a boat loaded 30' Kachina at the CBBB. It appears this event is more geared toward blown flat bottoms. Saturday August, 14th is my daughters 17th B-day she 's having friends attend the CBBB with us. Hopefully our boat is welcomed and isn't the wrong type for this event . [/QUOTE
Welcomed, of course you are:D great get together day and night:eek: