PDA

View Full Version : 73' Hallet Bubble Deck

MudPumper
07-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Who has info on this boat, performance capabilities and what not??

Squirtin Thunder
07-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Check out Jacks site MPD under suported boats.
Hallet hath no furry or something like that.
Jim

Nubbs
07-11-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by MudPumper
Who has info on this boat, performance capabilities and what not??
Are you looking to get another boat???

MudPumper
07-11-2004, 06:27 PM
I'm always looking for a good deal, ran into a guy who has a 73 19' Bubble deck in pristine condition, origional owner, new trailer, interior, cables etc...... The only prob is it has a 455 and a Jacuzi pump.:frown: I don't know if it would be worth the time and money to swap pumps and motors.

Hustler
07-11-2004, 08:16 PM
If you plan on making it run hard your going to need to change the pump.
The Hallet that Squirtin Thunder is talking about is Tom Bandy's 19'. I beleive it's running about 96mph or so in the quarter but Jack and Dave both have alot of time into that boat

MudPumper
07-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Yeah, Ive seen Bandy's boat run, it's bad ass a total sleaper. If this boat didn't have the Jacuzi it would be a done deal because I have a BBC to replace the 455. I just don't know if it would be worth the cost of switching pumps. ????? It would be a great boat though. And it's clean as hell, some old guy has had it since new and taken great care of it.

Hustler
07-11-2004, 08:25 PM
The glass work probably would'nt be that bad, and I know BigBoysToys had a whole JG pump for sale last week. It just depends on how much you want to put into it

MudPumper
07-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Hustler
It just depends on how much you want to put into it
Yep, just like everything else in life. Swapping the pump and changing out the motor would be all this boat would require. Other than a few cracks in the gel on the deck, the boat looks brand new. I couldn't believe it was a 73'. I'll have to call Jack and see what it would run to change out the pump.

Hustler
07-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Call Todd @ TRG for the glass work he can give you an idea of what it would cost, Jack will only cut the hole and set the intake.
Todd's number is 626-991-9031

MudPumper
07-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Great, thanks Joe I'll give him a call and see whats up.

HotHallet
07-12-2004, 08:32 AM
My boat is a '77 Hallett 19 bubble deck and I just recently built a new 501 BBF with a tunnel ram and two 600 Holley 4150 double pumpers. It has a Lunati cam, Edelbrock aluminum heads, all MSD ignition including Pro Billet Dist., 6M-2 box and HVC II coil. I am running an Eagle crank and rods and am .030 over. I had Jack at MPD set up the pump by converting the Berkeley C bowl to a G, adding a droop, shoe and rideplate combo, and a new loader. Jeff Bennet blueprinted the bottom for me. The motor puts out 533 HP at 5100 rpms and 599 ft./lbs. of torque at 4300. With this set up and without tweeking the rideplate at all from where Jack set it I have run a best of 78 mph with near full tanks and just me in the boat. I am hoping to pull a shim out of the plate and run it with minimal fuel and see what she will do. If it goes just a shade over 80 I'll be content. I would say go for it on this boat if the price is right. Howver there is a 73 Hallett in the trader for $4400. It has a 460 in it. I would like to see a pic of this boat if you have one. I have never seen a bubble deck Hallett older than '74.