PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaner

77Eliminator
07-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Has anybody found a good interior vinyl cleaner and leather steering wheel cleaner.

Hustler
07-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Mr Clean's Magic Eraser. The stuff is amazing.

bordsmnj
07-11-2004, 08:12 PM
after the eraser treatment i hit with turtlewax 2002 interior stuff. keeps it from drying out i think.:cool:

Jrocket
07-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Hustler
The last cleaner you will ever need for the boat interior.

jbtrailerjim
07-12-2004, 05:22 AM
Yep, I took the advise of these guy's on the board who have used this and tried it out yesterday on my interior. It works freakin awesome. It's the best thing I've found yet to clean my interior. Best thing about it is you only have to use it with water.

Essex502
07-12-2004, 06:04 AM
To get in and clean the vinyl's "grain" I use GoJo hand cleaner and a nail brush. Use lots of water to wipe off the grit. This treament is done to the entire interior once a year. Day to day - Simple Green seems to work adequately and is pretty cheap at Costco in bulk. Follow either with 303 Protectant to really make it look good.

BarryMac
07-12-2004, 06:55 AM
I looked at Wal-Mart and Target for this stuff and neither of them had it, where are you all finding it???
gjb

jbtrailerjim
07-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by gottajetboat
I looked at Wal-Mart and Target for this stuff and neither of them had it, where are you all finding it???
gjb
Wife buys them at Target. She told me there out of them a lot of the time though. Grocery stores should carry them too. I know the Stater Bros. by me does.

riverbound
07-12-2004, 08:13 AM
You will be amazed witht his stuff. I thought I was going to have to replace theinterior in my boat so I figured I would give it a try. WOW is all I can say. Wal-mart has it and safeway in Parker also has it Target has it but they are always out of it.

BarryMac
07-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
Wife buys them at Target. She told me there out of them a lot of the time though. Grocery stores should carry them too. I know the Stater Bros. by me does.
Maybe they were out of it when I was there, I will keep checking back.
Thanks...
gjb

simple
07-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Although I haven't tried Mr. Clean's, I use a two-step process:
1/ Simple Green with clean towel & use a brush softly only if really needed.
2/ Now it is clean but you need to treat the vinyl to keep it from drying out from the cleaning detergents. Therefore I use Turtle Wax 2001 vinyl dresser. It comes in a green spray bottle & costs $5.00 at any auto parts or even Target stores. It takes 10 - 20 minutes to do the whole boat & it looks like new when done.

phuggit
07-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Another vote for Mr. Cleans Magic Eraser. The things are amazing.
I found a bunch of them for sale at Home Depot.

TOBTEK
07-12-2004, 04:48 PM
I haven't said alot about it YET.....BUT. We have been working with a chemist on a complete line of professional MARINE detailing products. So far the spot remover/polish is simply incredible....period. Nothing else is even close. We also have a interior cleaner made just for maine grade vinyl with softeners....made my dirty white interior look pretty and new, Transom soot cleaner/gell, and a fast wax spray on system thats very easy to work with and leaves the gell coat like a mirror and smooth. We are currently PRE-PRODUCTION but the few peep's that have used the products are freaking out because the products really lives up to hype..Stay tuned, the products SHOULD BE ready very soon
;)
77 eliminator.....send me a P/M with your address and I will be happy to send you a free sample of the interior cleaner:D ....toby

BarryMac
07-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
I haven't said alot about it YET.....BUT. We have been working with a chemist on a complete line of professional MARINE detailing products. So far the spot remover/polish is simply incredible....period. Nothing else is even close. We also have a interior cleaner made just for maine grade vinyl with softeners....made my dirty white interior look pretty and new, Transom soot cleaner/gell, and a fast wax spray on system thats very easy to work with and leaves the gell coat like a mirror and smooth. We are currently PRE-PRODUCTION but the few peep's that have used the products are freaking out because the products really lives up to hype..Stay tuned, the products SHOULD BE ready very soon
;)
Keep us informed, I am sure that the peeps on the boards including myself would rather buy from you than some huge conglomerate (sp) like Wal- f u c k i n - Mart.
gjb

TOBTEK
07-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by gottajetboat
Keep us informed, I am sure that the peeps on the boards including myself would rather buy from you than some huge conglomerate (sp) like Wal- f u c k i n - Mart.
gjb
thanks, I surely will!:)

Jrocket
07-12-2004, 10:48 PM
With the exception of Tobs new stuf,because ive never tried it.I have tried averything else out there.
Id put the magic eraser up against anything!Might even bet on it too! LOL:D

TOBTEK
07-13-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Jrocket
With the exception of Tobs new stuf,because ive never tried it.I have tried averything else out there.
Id put the magic eraser up against anything!Might even bet on it too! LOL:D
wanta bet "PINKS"...:D I definitely would when it comes to the spot-remover/polish.....stuff's incredible!;) I need to get some up to you "J"....TZ

91nordic29
07-13-2004, 10:01 AM
http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrclean/images/home/duo_banner.gif

In2Deep
07-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Forget all the expensive stuff.
Go to Smart and Final, pick up a $1.99 gallon bottle of Cleaner Degreaser (blue liquid).
Mix 50/50 with water. Spray on, scrub with light brush, rinse off.
Follow-up with 303 UV Protectant.
Interior guaranteed to look like new...if not better.
I2D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-13-2004, 03:51 PM
I need that

Jrocket
07-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
wanta bet "PINKS"...:D I definitely would when it comes to the spot-remover/polish.....stuff's incredible!;) I need to get some up to you "J"....TZ
Ill tell you what.I'll try your stuff and if it really works better and easier than Magic Eraser,I will be the first person in here to eat my words.:D
All those cleaners take too much work and dont do as good of a job.:D
"Pinks"? Dont really have any use for a small boat.:D

SANGERBRU
07-13-2004, 09:39 PM
3rd of July rental next door lites off skyrocket into my new boat lift and new boat ! Burns back seat (8.5' wide, three colors) , back rest (badly), engine hatch and one side Hatch cover on top next to cover. Boat has 16 hours, Manufacturer can't or won't help, reccommends shop in " Martinez " for help. Need to have seat base and back reupholstered, but could I use some kind of vinyl filler on burn spots on engine cover and side cover ? I want my boat as new (1 year old ) but the father of the culprite wants as cheap as possible. What should I do ?

Essex502
07-14-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by SANGERBRU
3rd of July rental next door lites off skyrocket into my new boat lift and new boat ! Burns back seat (8.5' wide, three colors) , back rest (badly), engine hatch and one side Hatch cover on top next to cover. Boat has 16 hours, Manufacturer can't or won't help, reccommends shop in " Martinez " for help. Need to have seat base and back reupholstered, but could I use some kind of vinyl filler on burn spots on engine cover and side cover ? I want my boat as new (1 year old ) but the father of the culprite wants as cheap as possible. What should I do ?
Sue the focker! That the boat back to the manufacturer and have them replace the damaged pieces. Who's the builder? They should be able to handle getting it fixed. When done send the bill to the neighbor. If they hesitate, small claims court works pretty damn well. I've been there twice and won both times. Pretty easy case I think in this instance...neighbor (unsupervised juvenile?) playing with illegal fireworks damages your boat. Should be slam dunk.

riverbound
07-14-2004, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TOBTEK
[B]I haven't said alot about it YET.....BUT. We have been working with a chemist on a complete line of professional MARINE detailing products. So far the spot remover/polish is simply incredible....period. Nothing else is even close. We also have a interior cleaner made just for maine grade vinyl with softeners....made my dirty white interior look pretty and new, Transom soot cleaner/gell, and a fast wax spray on system thats very easy to work with and leaves the gell coat like a mirror and smooth. We are currently PRE-PRODUCTION but the few peep's that have used the products are freaking out because the products really lives up to hype..Stay tuned, the products SHOULD BE ready very soon
;)
Let me know when your stuff is available, I wold like to try it. Right now I use magic eraser on the interior and quick detail on the outside. If your stuff is easier and better I will definitely be interested in some.

Reaper1
07-14-2004, 11:42 AM
I just picked up some Magic Eraser at the Local Home Depot. If it works as well as you guys say it does I can't wait to try it this weekend. It was $3.99 for a 4 pack.
Tobtek - I would love to try out some free samples of your new product.:D ;)

Jrocket
07-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Reaper1
I just picked up some Magic Eraser at the Local Home Depot. If it works as well as you guys say it does I can't wait to try it this weekend. It was $3.99 for a 4 pack.
Tobtek - I would love to try out some free samples of your new product.:D ;)
Dont ring out all the water like it says to do.Leave it really soaked and have a towel with you.Use the towel to keep the water from running all over the place.
You will be amazed!

Reaper1
07-14-2004, 09:38 PM
;)

Evo22
07-15-2004, 09:15 AM
i will 3rd or 4th, 5th (whatever)the magic eraser we were at the river wipin the boat down and the guy next too use said use this and threw me a pad and it got everything out it was awsome

Essex502
07-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Just tried the Magic Eraser this weekend....WOW! Very impressive. GO to www.mrclean.com for a coupon and a free sample of Magic Erase Duo as well. Good chit!:D

Reaper1
07-21-2004, 07:14 AM
My buddy got a new boat and we were in Havasu over the weekend. Friday night we sat in the boat drinking beers until late at night. A couple guys were drinking Bloody Beers. Anyway, somebody picked up the tomato mix that you put in the beer and spilled it all over the carpet. I told my friend not to touch it I will be right back. Ran over to the car and got my new box of Magic Eraser that I had yet to try. When I got done with that stain there wasn't a trace of tomato crap on the floor. I'm sold. Magic Eraser works for me.:)

Stealth Marine
07-24-2004, 10:59 AM
If your dealing with a stain that just won't come out, and none of the other suggested products works, try this as an alternative.
A clean white rag dipped in Coleman White Gas.
You will be amazed at how clean the vinyl will come.
Once cleaned then you can put down whatever kind of treatment you want to protect it going forward.

Essex502
07-26-2004, 06:40 AM
Isn't Coleman Fuel actually Naptha? What are the long term effects on the vinyl?

Stealth Marine
07-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Essex502
Isn't Coleman Fuel actually Naptha? What are the long term effects on the vinyl?
Remember, I am not suggesting this for daily use.
Only for when the problem is serious.
That said...
We have been using Coleman White Gas for about 14 years now in post assembly cleanup. and thus far we have seen NO warrenty issues on new vinyl coming back in with any deterioration problems on boats.
The number one & two problems we see on customer's boats with Vinyl are...
#1, they put down a colored towel that bleed through.
#2, they sat on the vinyl with suntan lotion on with no towel and it stained the vinyl.
Both problems usually clean up nicely with Coleman...

nodigg
07-26-2004, 12:04 PM
I left my cover on my boat for two weeks while it sat outside at the Repair shop a year back and the vinyl got yellowed streaks in it from that. I wonder if the coleman will attack that PROBLEM? How about vinyl tears/puctures from bad repairs shops? Any solutions aside from new upholstery and a court of law trip?

Stealth Marine
07-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by nodigg
I left my cover on my boat for two weeks while it sat outside at the Repair shop a year back and the vinyl got yellowed streaks in it from that. I wonder if the coleman will attack that PROBLEM? How about vinyl tears/puctures from bad repairs shops? Any solutions aside from new upholstery and a court of law trip?
2 weeks is a mightly short time for that kind of streaking to appear. Did it rain while it was sitting there and something leach through it??
For small tears your kinda stuck.
You can either try one of the vinyl repair kits and do a reverse patch, or you have to cut our the whole pannel and replace it.

TheEduKATor
07-28-2004, 06:16 PM
Where do they carry this Coleman white gas?

Uplink
07-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Just used Mr. Clean's Erasers for the first time today on my all-white interior. MY GOD they work great!

Stealth Marine
07-30-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by TheEduKATor
Where do they carry this Coleman white gas?
Try the camping department at a Wallmart or K-Mart

TheEduKATor
07-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Thanks Stealth Marine, I have some stains that the Mr. Clean, simple green, or greased lighting won't take out. I want to try the what you said to see if it works.

v-drive
07-31-2004, 06:16 AM
I just tried the Mr. clean product. I didn't think My white interior was that dirty. Wow is about all I can say, that stuff is just to good....... :D v-drive

Stealth Marine
07-31-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by TheEduKATor
Thanks Stealth Marine, I have some stains that the Mr. Clean, simple green, or greased lighting won't take out. I want to try the what you said to see if it works.
Its the cleaner of Last Resort before its time to replace the vinyl.

powerplay230
08-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Christopher,
Or anyone else who knows...,
I went to Walmart today and asked about Coleman's white gas and the guy working in sporting goods told me it is basically unleaded, undyed gasoline. I then looked at some of the Coleman duel fuel burners and they said they used propane or Coleman fuel/unleaded gasoline.
This was going to be a last resort cleaner for two seats that Magic Eraser wouldn't get clean. Magic Eraser has been awesome but these two are just a little too rough but not sure if I'm ready to douse them with fire and light em up... Was the sporting goods guy just wrong, can't really imagine them selling gallons of gasoline inside Walmart..or is it a fuel based on something else.
Thanks in advance all!
Rick :eek!:

phebus
08-07-2004, 04:29 PM
White gas is the lantern fuel. He was correct.

Scream
08-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by SANGERBRU 3rd of July rental next door lites off skyrocket into my new boat lift and new boat ! Burns back seat (8.5' wide, three colors) , back rest (badly), engine hatch and one side Hatch cover on top next to cover. Boat has 16 hours, Manufacturer can't or won't help, reccommends shop in " Martinez " for help. Need to have seat base and back reupholstered, but could I use some kind of vinyl filler on burn spots on engine cover and side cover ? I want my boat as new (1 year old ) but the father of the culprite wants as cheap as possible. What should I do ?
Sue the focker! That the boat back to the manufacturer and have them replace the damaged pieces. Who's the builder? They should be able to handle getting it fixed. When done send the bill to the neighbor. If they hesitate, small claims court works pretty damn well. I've been there twice and won both times. Pretty easy case I think in this instance...neighbor (unsupervised juvenile?) playing with illegal fireworks damages your boat. Should be slam dunk.
What he said. They're renters after all...
You're homeowners should cover this. If those types of fireworks are illegal in your neighborhood, you ins co may require you to make a police report.
Your boat should be brought up to the way it was before the burn, don't let you neighbors lack of funds make your boat look like shit, IMHO...
Scream <--cause that's what I'd be doin on that kid...

master13
08-09-2004, 11:37 PM
We just used the Mr. Clean Magic eraser's and our boat looks great. They work better then anything we have ever used. They are on sale at Target for 3.50 for a box of four. If you think your boat is clean like i thought ours was, just try one of these things and see for your self. My .02.

PHX ATC
08-10-2004, 07:31 AM
My wife just came home yesterday with the Target special on Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. With everyone raving about them, I can't wait to try them.
Did I say I can't wait to clean something? Yeeez. :rolleyes:

Daytona19
08-15-2004, 06:40 PM
For any Vinyl you guys should try HONDA POLISH. This stuff is wonderful!! It was developed for Honda goldwind riders that wanted a product to clean all areas of their motorcycles. This stuff is awesome on Vinyl and PAINT too. It will NOT dry out vinly as other products do and will polish everything I have tried. Its available at Honda shops everywhere. :smile:

Mandelon
08-15-2004, 07:01 PM
I've used Soft Scrub on some stains on vinyl and it works well, not too toxic, but it does have some grit in it, so you need to dress the vinyl when done.... :)

powerplay230
08-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Mandelon,
I used to think Soft Scrub worked well until I tried the Magic Eraser by Mr Clean, they are they sh**zit. I haven't found anything they don't work on yet and I have tried them on a lot of strange stuff. Someone earlier posted their web address were they have a free offer and coupon- Thanks..
Rick

JustMVG
08-30-2004, 03:15 PM
If you are lucky and have a 24hr Walmart hit them up early in the morning like 2am after the night shift has restocked, they'll have plenty of the Mr. Clean Erasures, i bought what looks like a case of em , i have enough for the rest of the season, but the wife found me out and is , i mean the horror of it all, using them in the house, i explained that they were designed for BOAT use only , i think she figured out thats not the truth, damn it, but the things clean so well.
Mike VG

powerplay230
08-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Local Grocer had the cheapest but what does .24 cents matter compared to getting that interior clean.
ps.. they work on all kinds of stuff-
cut down on cleaning of house so less useless requests' for help.
work on car, even engine compartment!
Will take paint off in my experience, tried it on a stain on painted table and now have a new faded design. Well can pass it off as on purpose it looks antiqued...LOL