PDA

View Full Version : Is Stewart a moron?

Seadog
07-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Yes. Take him out before he starts another riot.

PlyaPlya22
07-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Seadog
I saw that. He needs a swift kick in the Junk.

AZKC
07-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Just racin :p

Coach
07-11-2004, 01:36 PM
I didn't think racing involved running straight into another car on a restart. I am suprised more pit crews didn't go over and want to kick some a$$.

BLUBYU
07-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by AZKC
Just racin :p Yea whatever..been just racin all year..:rolleyes:

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 01:45 PM
I missed it!
Someone please tell me what happened?!?:eek:

innad
07-11-2004, 02:01 PM
don't be hating ;)

PlyaPlya22
07-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I missed it!
Someone please tell me what happened?!?:eek:
Just a quickie.....There was a restart and Stewart took 4 tires Khane who was a head of him took two. Khane said he was shifting to fourth gear and stewart had a good restart on four new tires. got up underneath Kahne and sent him into the wall. So Khane's crew chief went down to see Stewarts and they started brawling. This isn't the first incident with these guys and I know it won't be the last. Whew, that was a mouthful. Just for you Deb:D

Infomaniac
07-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Yes Moron deluxe

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by PlyaPlya22
Just a quickie.....There was a restart and Stewart took 4 tires Khane who was a head of him took two. Khane said he was shifting to fourth gear and stewart had a good restart on four new tires. got up underneath Kahne and sent him into the wall. So Khane's crew chief went down to see Stewarts and they started brawling. This isn't the first incident with these guys and I know it won't be the last. Whew, that was a mouthful. Just for you Deb:D
Thank you sweetie!;)
wow, I can't believe that happened.....................:eek:

Seadog
07-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Also, when Kahne's crew chief was interviewed, he said that Stewart was a moron and something needed to be done. The problem is that he is in the points run and giving him the punishment he deserve will take him out of the run for the chapionship. NASCAR does not want to take the bad PR of taking him out on the first year of the new system.

callbob4homes
07-11-2004, 02:57 PM
I wonder how Nascar would feel if the race sponsor Tropicana pulled their money and sponsorship for Tony grabbing the container of Tropicana juice from the roof and throwing it on the ground when he got out of the car in the winners circle. Real class act Tony:yuk:

Kilrtoy
07-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by PlyaPlya22
I saw that. He needs a swift kick in the Junk.
Stewart sucks, they need to put him on a time out for one race.
Anyways what the hell are black people doing watching NASCAR

PHX ATC
07-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by callbob4homes
I wonder how Nascar would feel if the race sponsor Tropicana pulled their money and sponsorship for Tony grabbing the container of Tropicana juice from the roof and throwing it on the ground when he got out of the car in the winners circle. Real class act Tony:yuk:
We were watching that and my wife (2nd Neckcar race she's ever seen) commented on that fact that he was rude in doing so since Tropicana was ponying up some of the $$$ for the payout.
Stewart blows.

LASERRAY
07-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Great driver, bad guy.:yuk:
Stewart sucks!
Nowhere near the class act that Jeff Gordon is.

AZKC
07-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by callbob4homes
That was pretty funny:) Did ya see the footage of the balloon bouncin down front stretch :D

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Great driver, bad guy.:yuk:
Stewart sucks!
Nowhere near the class act that Jeff Gordon is.
He said Jeff Gordon!
(sigh):D ;) :cool:

Sleek-Jet
07-11-2004, 05:42 PM
NASCAR sucks.... :D Nothin like racing under yellow flags to get the 'ole heart a pumpin'. :yuk:

LeE ss13
07-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Moron, no! Dick, yes! I watched the replays several times. he wasn't "checking up", he just pushed him out of the way.

Bow Tie Omega
07-11-2004, 06:07 PM
They need to park him and his team for a race. They parked Jimmy Spencer and Kevin Harvick for less, I mean Tony has had a problem the entire season. And Nascar wonders why they have a credibility problem, that is what happens when you play favorites. I think that Nascar is afraid that if they do park Tony, he will actually say F/U and go back to the IRL. On another topic, did you guys see Robby punt Jeff Green? I have to admit, I thought that was cool, Robby is always getting the short end of the stick in those issues. Jeff was 2 laps down with 15 laps to go, why was he racing those lead pack cars?

CAHotRodBoy
07-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Bow Tie Omega
They need to park him and his team for a race. They parked Jimmy Spencer and Kevin Harvick for less, I mean Tony has had a problem the entire season. And Nascar wonders why they have a credibility problem, that is what happens when you play favorites. I think that Nascar is afraid that if they do park Tony, he will actually say F/U and go back to the IRL. On another topic, did you guys see Robby punt Jeff Green? I have to admit, I thought that was cool, Robby is always getting the short end of the stick in those issues. Jeff was 2 laps down with 15 laps to go, why was he racing those lead pack cars?
I agree with this! He's a great driver but a spoiled kid. He has one of the best jobs in the world and he acts like a 12 year old. NASCAR needs to put a stop to this stuff or it's going to only get worse. New drivers coming in are going to see how he acts and do the same until someone gets killed. I get pissed when I read my car magazines and the F1, IRL, CART guys bag on NASCAR calling it WWF racing but this kind of stuff perpetuates the bad image. Who cares if Stewart goes back to the IRL? Hell, send him back to sprints, that's where he really wants to be anyway. Where "the real race fans are" according to him.
Robby can be a bit of a loose canon too. Although is also a great driver and I think a little under rated.

DaveA
07-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by PHX ATC
We were watching that and my wife (2nd Neckcar race she's ever seen) commented on that fact that he was rude in doing so since Tropicana was ponying up some of the $$$ for the payout.
Stewart blows.
Well, Jeffi Gordoni knocked all the PowerAde bottles off the roof of his car a few races back, when he was in Victory Circle. That caused a stir for a few days while everybody debated about the right/wrong of it. Gave Dave DeSpain some talk time on Wind Tunnel, anyway. This will too.

PHX ATC
07-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by DaveA
Well, Jeffi Gordoni knocked all the PowerAde bottles off the roof of his car a few races back, when he was in Victory Circle. That caused a stir for a few days while everybody debated about the right/wrong of it. Gave Dave DeSpain some talk time on Wind Tunnel, anyway. This will too.
I remember seeing that and making a comment about it under my breath to myself while at work in the breakroom. Powerade is a Coke product and he supports Pepsi, so maybe that's the connection? They can drive and race a car pretty well but some have no average common sense or dignity in my book.
BTW, nice set of wings! :)

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by CAHotRodBoy
Robby can be a bit of a loose canon too. Although is also a great driver and I think a little under rated.
remember when he drove for coors light and was bad mouthing them.........it was before he went IRL and then back to nascar...

Seadog
07-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Everham wondered if somebody had to get hurt for NASCAR to set Stewart down. Stewart's reply "I don't care. We won." I'd like to see the other racers take turns at each race to knock him out until NASCAR gets a clue.

Nubbs
07-11-2004, 08:50 PM
I might get flamed for this. But, didn't a certain legend get the name "Intimidator" for doing some of the same stuff in his younger years?

Sleek-Jet
07-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Nubbs
I might get flamed for this. But, didn't a certain legend get the name "Intimidator" for doing some of the same stuff in his younger years?
I was going to mention the same thing.
And while we're on the subject of drivers snubbing race/series sponsors let me say I miss the Winston days. I follow drag racing more than the roundy-round stuff. NHRA went from the Winston series to the Powerade Tour. Now, every time you see a driver interviewed after a race, or during the introductions on Sunday, they have a focking Powerade bottle in their hands. WTF???? I never once saw a driver being handed a pack of cigs or can of chew while Winston was the series sponser. What a crock of shiet.

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 08:55 PM
I don't know about that?
He was pretty much like that right up until the end.....
"bumping is racing"
;)

CAHotRodBoy
07-11-2004, 09:04 PM
There is a big difference between Big E's bump and run when someone is holding you up and whats happening today. Racing hard is one thing and nobody has a problem with that. If you are running hard and trying to get around a slower car thats blocking you some times a little "tap" is needed. But all the retaliation crap thats happening now is just BS. This was a restart with plenty of laps to go. Stewart has a long history of this kind of stuff, hits after the race is over, pit confrontations, etc. He just got a big ass fine for a pit confrontation and now he does this. I try to like him becasue he is such a good driver but he keeps doing this kind of stuff. The thing is, he stiil has a good chance at winning (another) championship and doesn't need to be this way. And speaking of Ol' Ironhead, if he were around today I'm sure he would have taken Tony to the side and had him a little "talking to"! :eek: :D

Nubbs
07-11-2004, 09:08 PM
I'm glad to see some others agree with me here. I think Stewart is good for NASCAR. NASCAR has gotten a little too "politicaly correct" over the years. They need another bad boy. I'm sure he'll never become a legend of Earnhardts status, but he's on his way to becoming a big time star in NASCAR.

CAHotRodBoy
07-11-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm glad to see some others agree with me here. I think Stewart is good for NASCAR. NASCAR has gotten a little too "politicaly correct" over the years. They need another bad boy. I'm sure he'll never become a legend of Earnhardts status, but he's on his way to becoming a big time star in NASCAR.
Okay, why does NASCAR need a bad boy? Is good racing not enough for you? Are you a race fan or a WWF fan? Do you watch racing for the wrecks?
If you are complaining about the new "corporate" racer naming every sponsor after winning a race, well that does get a little tiresome but I don't usually watch the post race stuff anyway. I like the on track action. And yes, I like to see banging fenders, scrapin' metal and a good bump 'n run but spinning a guy out when you're not running up front or during a yellow flag or after the race is over is not racing.
But maybe that "Bad Boy" requirement is the price we pay for the increasing popularity of NASCAR. Maybe it really is the new
WWF! :eek:
And he already is a star, but no, he will never be in the same class as Earnhardt. Dale was never a cry baby like Stewart is.

CAHotRodBoy
07-11-2004, 09:20 PM
oops!

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Ok, you really need to stop comparing EVERYTHING to the WWF.....;)
***boat Forum is like the WWF
Nascar is like the WWF
Not everything in the whole world is like the WWF.....
:D :D

Bow Tie Omega
07-11-2004, 09:29 PM
I knew that someone would bring up Dale Sr. and his "style" of racing. Bumping is racing, plain and simple, those are what the fenders are for and that is what Dale did, many a time. And once in a while someone would get spun in the process, but those times were few and far between, unless you ask Terry Labonte:D . Dale used the bump simply to loosen someone's rear end, not to wreck them. He intimidated people, he did not hurt people, he did not wreck whole cars in a single blow race after race after race. Now for Tony Stewart, let me see off the top of my head who he has put out of a race this year...Rusty Wallace, Jeff Gordon, Kasey Khane, John Andretti, Johnny Sauter, RIcky Rudd, Scott Wimmer.....Do you see a pattern, and I know that I am missing some more. Tony has not had the best equipment this year, so instead of slowing down like everyone else, he does what I do on my Playstation 2, use cars as an extra 4 tires to keep him on the track and in the race. Dale Sr. never did that. I say sit his ass down, and if he wants to whine and say how much he hates Nascar Racing and how it is not real racing, then let him, better yet, let him go back to IRL or even USAC and see where that kind of driving will get him.........a knuckle sandwich

Sleek-Jet
07-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by CAHotRodBoy
If you are complaining about the new "corporate" racer naming every sponsor after winning a race, well that does get a little tiresome ...
No, I was complaining about the corporate race sponsors ramming the product down everyone's throat (figuratively speaking). Hey, I have no problem with a driver thanking the companies that pay the bills so he/she can have a succesfull race team. When was the last time you heard any driver thank Nextell for sponsoring NASCAR?? Or Coke for sponsoring NHRA...
I have the same beef with sports stadiums, college bowl games, ect... . But last time I was at Coors field in Denver, I was able to by a Bud. Try to get a bottle of Gatorade at an NHRA event (rumor has it you will be summarily shot if found with a Pepsi product on your person. :D )

CAHotRodBoy
07-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Ok, you really need to stop comparing EVERYTHING to the WWF.....;)
***boat Forum is like the WWF
Nascar is like the WWF
Not everything in the whole world is like the WWF.....
:D :D
Deb,
AzDon made the ***boat - WWF comparison, I just repsonded to it. :(
If you read racing/car magazines you will see many people making that WWF / NASCAR comment, especially after Fox bought out Speedvison and turned it into "nascar channel". As I said, it always irritates me because as a long time race fan, I don't agree with it. I think the top NASCAR drivers are every bit as good as the other racing bodies. I just don't want to see "bad boy" personalities instead of good racing talent drawing in the fans.
Sorry for the soap box rant! I think I've had a few too many beers tonight :D :eek: :D

Debbolas
07-11-2004, 09:41 PM
No I just HATE WWF, and all it implies.
And it was weird that hot boat and nascar was compared to it tonight..........Like if something doesn't go your way, just label it WWF and be done with it.....(I checked your posts to be sure, because I didn't want to falsely accuse you) No biggie.....
Maybe the problem is that the drivers are becoming like all the other sports stars............prima donna's.....
I'm thinking all the old racers are rolling over in their graves...
:rolleyes:

CAHotRodBoy
07-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
No, I was complaining about the corporate race sponsors ramming the product down everyone's throat (figuratively speaking). Hey, I have no problem with a driver thanking the companies that pay the bills so he/she can have a succesfull race team. When was the last time you heard any driver thank Nextell for sponsoring NASCAR?? Or Coke for sponsoring NHRA...
I have the same beef with sports stadiums, college bowl games, ect... . But last time I was at Coors field in Denver, I was able to by a Bud. Try to get a bottle of Gatorade at an NHRA event (rumor has it you will be summarily shot if found with a Pepsi product on your person. :D )
Sorry, Sleek. That was in repsonce to what Nubbs said. I agree, the sponsors are a fact of racing. If you wanna play, you gotta pay. Remember when Emmo won Indy? Because he owned a big orange plantation, he wanted to drink oj instead of milk. He waved off the milk bottle several times and drank his orange juice. There was a minor controversy about it and years later he said he regretted it.
I hate the renaming of sports stadiums/racetracks too. Infinion raceway, Mazda raceway, etc. Sorry, they will always be Laguna Seca, Sears Point, Charlotte Motor Speedway, etc to me.

Sleek-Jet
07-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Ahhh..... sorry for the confusion. :D

CAHotRodBoy
07-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Maybe the problem is that the drivers are becoming like all the other sports stars............prima donna's.....
I'm thinking all the old racers are rolling over in their graves...
:rolleyes:
That is soooo true. I used to brag how all the other sports were filled with over paid cry babies, getting arrested for drugs, violence, etc and how racers were so down to earth (especially NASCAR & NHRA), good decent honest sportsmen. I think that was one reason while the loss of Big E affected so many people.
The new "young guns" aren't cut of the same material. Even Little E surprised me in an interview when he said that if he couldn't drive a competative car he wouldn't race. The problem is these young guys are getting on the good teams right out of the box and aren't "paying their dues" so they don't appriciate their rides. Just a sign of our times I guess. :(
PS: I hate the WWF too.

canuck1
07-11-2004, 11:10 PM
From personal experiense if someone spins the rear tires on a re-start you are going to drive right through them, s hit happens

Seadog
07-12-2004, 05:00 AM
I, for one, was not a fan of the Intimidator and I am even less fond of Jr. I think he is an overrated brat that has been given NASCAR on a silver platter. Stewart is an out of control maniac. At those speeds, you do not want some hot head pushing people out of the way. NASCAR should ground him and make him go to some psychological counseling.

Bow Tie Omega
07-12-2004, 05:43 AM
I, for one, was not a fan of the Intimidator and I am even less fond of Jr. I think he is an overrated brat that has been given NASCAR on a silver platter. Stewart is an out of control maniac. At those speeds, you do not want some hot head pushing people out of the way. NASCAR should ground him and make him go to some psychological counseling.
They already have made him go see a sports psychologist 2 years ago

Lady Rat Attack 1
07-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Just my .02 worht but when he was just starting out as a rookie, a work related friend of mine was dating him. She lives in No Cal and he took her back east to a race. Once back there he treated her like SHIT and then broke up with her and she had to find her own way home. MY opnion of him is HES AN ASSHOLE:mad:

coolchange
07-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Too bad its a super speedway and a complete take out probably get someone killed. Plus being hired drivers of corporate money machines. Back in the day Harvick took out a buddy of mine on a short track cause he couldn't get around him. He was faster in the middle but nowhere else so he spun us and finished the car for the season. Under the yellow he got the car moving and just center punched Harvick and finished his night too. We got thrown out of the track but to this day it was still worth it!

Flyinbowtie
07-12-2004, 08:53 AM
I think Stewart is a talented driver with a distinct lack of self control, and even louser people skills.
Two years ago at the Vegas race, I saw this in action. Stewart was over watching the Outlaws Race, and was up in the glass suite at the top of the stands. A kid, about 3 or four, was up there, dressed head to toe in # 20 hat, shirt, jacket, etc. His dad was dressed the same.
Between heats, I said to the dad that Stewart was in the suite, and maybe if he walked the kid by, Stewart would sign a hat or something. They did, the kid got all excited, and waved at Stewart.
Stewart did not even aknowledge the wave, let alone smile at the kid or sign anything for him. These two were wearing about 500 bucks worth of his stuff.
The kid returned to his seat in tears. Dad told me that if it hadn't been freezing cold, he would have thrown the jackets and hats on the stands in front of Stewart.
I have a close friend who is very active in the NASCAR scene, through a business he represents. His belief is that Stewart represents Home Depot, a major player in NASCAR, and NASCAR will do everything it can to keep H.D. happy.
Stewart can be controlled. Joe Gibbs did a decent job of it, but he is not in the mix in a day to day sense.
Every time a car gets out of control near him, Stewart is going to be scrutinized. Guilty or not, his past is going to haunt him.
The drivers themselves are going to impact this before too much longer.
I, too believe that the advertising thing is out of control. Drivers getting "chug points" for drinking the right soda on TV is absurd.