PDA

View Full Version : No More Roost

Shark In The Pond
07-11-2004, 03:15 PM
This is what the Game Warden told me today ? Coming back to the ramp after a great day on the water running 45mph trimmed about 2' up with NO BOATS around me ! They were very nice about everything but told me not to trim it up because it could hurt someone . I mean I'm in the MIDDLE of the lake while this happened ? ANYONE been told not to roost and I'm not talking about focking people over with it just running down the lake !

Hustler
07-11-2004, 03:30 PM
Never heard of that one, but did you ask him where it was in the book?;)

manuel
07-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Did you tell him you only do it to improve the water quality by putting more oxygen in the water so the fish will be happier ? or that you didn't want to bother any turtles and that's why you direct it up over them ?, and tell him about all the old fishing line we capture that would choke birds. if you were in Florida you could go the "save the manatee" approach, hey maybe we need to start some fake internet story about how the jet boats are so enviromentally freindly, with research to prove it from some fake agency then they would not pay so much attention to the sounds we make, and we could say that OT pipes are beter for water quality too! most people will believe anything if it was on the internet.:D

victorfb
07-11-2004, 04:48 PM
at the launch ramp near big bend another boater told me he was told by the LEO that he cannot put his roostertail up or he would give him a ticket. now im with Hustler on this one, "were is it in the book?" can they just add another rule? dont we have to vote on it? i am in America, am i not?

Shark In The Pond
07-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Hustler
Never heard of that one, but did you ask him where it was in the book?;)
I was going to ask and push it but they were too nice today so I just shook my head like.. you gotta be kidding . Just goes with having loud and proud boats sometime's . I'm sure we all have had a bad day with the man or should I say the man was having a bad day by the time he stopped us ? I had one last yr break out his book and jump in my boat and went to town looking for something wrong with the boat ! I'm damn glad that they are out there to help us but sometimes they have gone to far ! I have been boating for 34 yrs.. 20 of it in a Jet and have gotten 1 ticket which was 2 yrs ago and it got pretty ugly before it was said and done that day and I went to court and the judge let me off .

Shark In The Pond
07-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by manuel
Did you tell him you only do it to improve the water quality by putting more oxygen in the water so the fish will be happier ? or that you didn't want to bother any turtles and that's why you direct it up over them ?, and tell him about all the old fishing line we capture that would choke birds. if you were in Florida you could go the "save the manatee" approach, hey maybe we need to start some fake internet story about how the jet boats are so enviromentally freindly, with research to prove it from some fake agency then they would not pay so much attention to the sounds we make, and we could say that OT pipes are beter for water quality too! most people will believe anything if it was on the internet.:D
Thats damn funny :D

Shark In The Pond
07-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by victorfb
at the launch ramp near big bend another boater told me he was told by the LEO that he cannot put his roostertail up or he would give him a ticket. now im with Hustler on this one, "were is it in the book?" can they just add another rule? dont we have to vote on it? i am in America, am i not?
No law that I have EVER heard of or read ! Sure if your being a dick and roosting people and boats acting a fool with it I would understand . I don't think he was pushing a legal law but he "asked " me not to have it trimmed up because if someone came up behind me in another boat they could get hurt .. damn glad he pointed that out to me, hell I thought if you owned a jet boat everbody else was fair game for roost shots

MudPumper
07-11-2004, 06:21 PM
So if the roost is up and some idiot drives up behind you it's YOUR fault???? Give me a break. If some idiot is dumb enough to drive into the roost he deserves to get blasted. I can understand getting cited for unsafe operation because you are intentionally roosting people on the beach or other boats or whatever, but driving across the lake?????
Hows this one, I went to Pyramid today and the Deputy Sheriff that was inspecting boats before they launched tried to tell me I had to have a splash shield around the engine. I knew he wasn't a boat cop and called him on it, in a nice way. He admitted he was from another station and was just there to help out on the weekend. Nice guy, but don't go making shit up.:D

Shark In The Pond
07-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
So if the roost is up and some idiot drives up behind you it's YOUR fault???? Give me a break. If some idiot is dumb enough to drive into the roost he deserves to get blasted. I can understand getting cited for unsafe operation because you are intentionally roosting people on the beach or other boats or whatever, but driving across the lake?????
Hows this one, I went to Pyramid today and the Deputy Sheriff that was inspecting boats before they launched tried to tell me I had to have a splash shield around the engine. I knew he wasn't a boat cop and called him on it, in a nice way. He admitted he was from another station and was just there to help out on the weekend. Nice guy, but don't go making shit up.:D
Splash guard around the engine ... rule # ?

Hustler
07-11-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Shark In The Pond
Splash guard around the engine ... rule # ?
Oh thats rule #2, right behind rule #1...No roost:p :D

MudPumper
07-11-2004, 08:24 PM
LMAO;) After I called him out he said he thought it was a law but wasn't sure. I informed him there was no such rule or regulation.

mgar_red
07-12-2004, 08:08 PM
You guys got me curious about this, so I gave a call to Austin and talked to a warden. Just as most of you were saying, it must have been a bad day for the one who told you, because the one I asked said he never heard of any such law. Hmmm??
I looked over their site, and the only thing remotely possible is down at the bottom of the page of their boating laws. It has a list for "operation of your boat", and number 2 on the list of 'unlawful' things is: Operate so as to cause a hazardous wake or wash."
One of those things that leaves it wide open for them to interpret 'wash' any way they see fit, so as to apply it to the citation they write you.
You could say you were doing somebody a faver and helpin' dem wash their dirty boat when they were behind ya :D :p