PDA

View Full Version : MO Not impressed with Havi

Robertbob
04-06-2006, 05:21 AM
After spending a week in Havi March 26-31 I was not impressed with the lake. Maybe we hit a bad week for people. There was no one there and if there was people there it was all guys. What happen to MTV and girls gone wild? I am use to LOTO and there is no comaparison. If anyone wants a road trip they need to hit LOTO. The most we ever saw at Copper Canyon was 10 boats tied up. I have seen the pictures of that place packed. I guess that is the summer?? There is just a lot more bars/restaurants at LOTO and bigger faster boats. I hope that I can return sometime when it is busy.

THOR
04-06-2006, 05:43 AM
Yeh,
Havasu sucks.

a catered life
04-06-2006, 05:52 AM
you picked a bad week maybe and midiweek havi is the best when its a few boats...besides who wants to see a bunch of half naked women abusing various drinks, flinging beads, and jumping in and out of your boat and offering great pictures for your camera and someone bragging rights about they could have hit that :p

Robertbob
04-06-2006, 05:59 AM
That sounds good to me!!! Anything would have been better than what was going on.

NOTALENT
04-06-2006, 06:11 AM
Thats because you were there all but the good day...I was in the channel and @ Copper this past weekend...and well god damn it was off the hook....The channel was insane. It was even full!!! :crossx: It just gets better as summer comes.

NOTALENT
04-06-2006, 06:12 AM
Oh yeah...and I think my crew alone went through about 2 cases of mardi gras beads..... :crossx:

havaduner
04-06-2006, 06:14 AM
Dont listen to these guys, really, you saw it about as good as it gets. All the other stuff you've been reading, fake. Pictures, fake. Sorry, yep Havasu sucks.

Robertbob
04-06-2006, 06:18 AM
This is the party that we are use to in MO.
http://www.lakeozark.com/partycove/partycovepics.html

JetBoatRich
04-06-2006, 06:20 AM
give it a couple more months to warm up :rolleyes:

Robertbob
http://www.partycovepics.com/pictures.html

BigDoug
It's all overated anyways. :cool: this past weekend was super busy like stated above.
Turn around and come for yourself. :)

fasthtm
04-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Hey, your right havasu sucks. Make sure you tell 10 friends and they tell ten friends, and so on and so on. It will help keep the lake lake less populated.

Robertbob
04-06-2006, 06:32 AM
There is just not anything on the water for bars/restaurants. The Turtle was nice but no one there. Kocamo's was full of guys dancing on poles. The Nautical Inn was a dump if you ask me. Who ever bought that had better think twice. Maybe it is better later in the year but compared to LOTO there is no comparision.

Havasu1986
04-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Maybe it is better later in the year but compared to LOTO there is no comparision.How is LOTO this time of year

NOTALENT
04-06-2006, 06:35 AM
There is just not anything on the water for bars/restaurants. The Turtle was nice but no one there. Kocamo's was full of guys dancing on poles. The Nautical Inn was a dump if you ask me. Who ever bought that had better think twice. Maybe it is better later in the year but compared to LOTO there is no comparision.
We also have Lake Pacific for those things...... :crossx:

RUSSO
04-06-2006, 06:38 AM
HAVI IS PERFECT RIGHT NOW!!!NOT A BUNCH OF 30' BOATS WITH 15 HORNY GUYS LOOKING FOR TAIL..NOW YOU CAN TAKE YOUR GIRL AND NOT HAVE 500 PEOPLE YELLING AT HER..HAHAHAHA YOU GUYS HAVE IT ALL WRONG..OH AND THERE IS NO 3' CHOP OUT THERE.. :crossx: :cool:

Robertbob
04-06-2006, 06:45 AM
LOTO is starting to get going. The weekends are crowded right now. We just thought that Havi had a big spring break party out there. All I saw was dudes everywhere. Everyone that we talked to was let down with the party scene and would not be returning. At LOTO it is more like 50 ft boats and 6 ft chop. Your little boats out there would be swamped.

Phat Daddy
04-06-2006, 06:46 AM
I think we get your point that Havi sucks and LOTO is the shit. :hammer2: :hammer2:

OGShocker
04-06-2006, 06:48 AM
No sense in ever going back to Havasu. Might be best to stay on LOTO. IMHO

ThongMagnet
04-06-2006, 06:52 AM
The dudes show up first, then the Thong's, then more dudes, then more thong's. :)
Come back Memorial Weekend.

RUSSO
04-06-2006, 06:53 AM
HAHAHA...PARKER SUCKS TOO...6' CHOP AND 50' BOATS...NEWPORT BEACH FOR THAT...I COULD ALMOST SURF MY BOAT IN THAT..WELL THAT IS A LONG DRIVE TO BE LET DOWN..AND THE GAS YOU MUST OF SPENT..MAYBE THATS WHY I HAVE A 17.5' BOAT.. :cool:

Robertbob
04-06-2006, 06:54 AM
I am sure that it is better as summer comes and especially on a weekend. I am not trying to run the lake down we were just let down after coming that far. If anyone out there ever gets a chance to come to LOTO even without a boat I guarantee a great time!

HocusPocus
04-06-2006, 06:54 AM
yep.. havaus sucks big time.. i can't figure out for the life of me why i have been going there for the last 20 years.. can't believe i bought a house there 18 years ago either.. i went last weekend and will never go there again.. well at least for another 2 weeks anyway.. but that will be the last time. :p :p :rollside: :rollside:

Quality Time
04-06-2006, 06:58 AM
There is just not anything on the water for bars/restaurants.
Having boated in many places across the country, this unfortunately is true. So Cal. and the surrounding areas do not cater to weekend boaters. Sure, there are a few places to tie-up in LB, Naples and MDR, Havi etc. but no overnighting or shore power etc.
We do have year round boating and the weather can't be beat. Each place has it's pluses and minuses, take them as they are and enjoy
:)

Wakker
04-06-2006, 07:01 AM
There is just a lot more bars/restaurants at LOTO and bigger faster boats.
Ha... HaHa... You should have hung around for the poker run...

JMC
04-06-2006, 07:24 AM
I have seen pictures taken from a plane posted here where Havi is freakin nuts! I think is was at the sandbar it said. I would say its a little too early for all the crazies to show yet. At the same time, all the hillbillys down here have to deal with snow and cold weather for a long time. As soon as spring hits people get really, really get stupid!

ANXIETY ATTACK
04-06-2006, 07:33 AM
wait untill the sun comes out

BADAXE
04-06-2006, 07:33 AM
After spending a week in Havi March 26-31 I was not impressed with the lake. Maybe we hit a bad week for people. There was no one there and if there was people there it was all guys. What happen to MTV and girls gone wild? I am use to LOTO and there is no comaparison. If anyone wants a road trip they need to hit LOTO. The most we ever saw at Copper Canyon was 10 boats tied up. I have seen the pictures of that place packed. I guess that is the summer?? There is just a lot more bars/restaurants at LOTO and bigger faster boats. I hope that I can return sometime when it is busy.
Isn't it snowing at LOTO right now?

Cole Trickle
04-06-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm thinking you were hanging with the wrong people?;)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491100_0285.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491100_0273.jpg
I had a great time this weekend!!! :crossx:

NOTALENT
04-06-2006, 07:47 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491100_0273.jpg
Damn...I missed that....!!!!! :mad: :crossx: You fockers had to park on the opposite side of the channel....I knew you were hiding something!!!! :crossx:

phebus
04-06-2006, 07:55 AM
One thing wrong with LOTO, no California girls.
The Beach Boys had it right....... :)

Havasu Cig
04-06-2006, 08:00 AM
When you went, most people are two months away from starting the season.
Exactly, our house (as well as many others) was still rented to snowbirds when you guys went. A lot of the people that do Havasu in the summer also do the local deserts in the winter, and it is still desert season.

Cole Trickle
04-06-2006, 08:02 AM
Damn...I missed that....!!!!! :mad: :crossx: You fockers had to park on the opposite side of the channel....I knew you were hiding something!!!! :crossx:
I was yelling at you guys Saturday when we were leaving to meet us at the Turtle for some Cocktails.

superdave013
04-06-2006, 08:07 AM
you could have stayed home an rode snowmobiles. ;) Oh wait, you guys don't get enough of that either. lol
It goes off but like others said, it was the time you went.

Havasu Cig
04-06-2006, 08:08 AM
How is LOTO this time of year
Probably still ice on the lake... :)
I have had this debate on OSO and when the season gets in full swing in a month or so in Havasu it is a different scene. The weather at Loto (rain, humidity, bugs etc...) during the season can't compare to Havasu. I had a friend that towed boats for a living and used to tow to LOTO and said the weather their in the summer sucks (not to mention there is no boating in the winter). I will also take the clean flowing Colorado river (85 degree's during the season) over the brown nasty water at LOTO any day. There is a reason you can buy lake front homes on LOTO for dirt cheap. :rolleyes: :cool:

Up 4 River
04-06-2006, 08:09 AM
I looked at you pics from LOTO and no offense but the last thing I would ever want to do is hang out with a bunch of houseboats and pontoon boats in a cove I could not get out of. The majority of the people on these boards enjoy a good party now and then but we've been there done that in Havasu. Those times are fun but they are few and far between. Why would we want to take our boat somewhere for a week and park it in a cove. I personally would rather ski, hang out with friends and run the boat. When we are able to boat year round we probably get less woundup come March to get in the boat because we were out in one in December and February already. My bet is you would really enjoy Havasu and the river if you were with a group of people you knew and had realistic expectations of you trip based on the time of year you were there. Just my 2 cents.

2Driver
04-06-2006, 08:09 AM
I tried to do you a favor in an earlier thread....
"No slight meant to Havasu ( I'm from there) but compared to LOTO I think you'll find Havasu JV. A good time either way but a hellava tow."
Could you play up LOTO so as to draw from Havasu this summer? We could use the space come June. :D

Phat Matt
04-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Yeah, Havasu sucks. See you all there every weekend this month. :D
www.thegirlsofhavasu.com

NOTALENT
04-06-2006, 08:13 AM
I was yelling at you guys Saturday when we were leaving to meet us at the Turtle for some Cocktails.
What...????!!!! Damn!!!! :mad: Dont you have my phone #!!!! haha....Shit was insane though...we got to party a few minutes @ kokohos....but shit I was so beligerent at that time.....haha. :crossx: when you headed out next???

CMATT21
04-06-2006, 08:15 AM
They make boats in other colors besides white now. :D :D
That is some funny s**t

Havasu47
04-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah..... Havasu sucks because there weren't a bunch of spring breakers trashing up the place... :rolleyes:
How do you equate the quality of a lake with the amount of people there?
You're right, I think you should stay at LOTO.

DCBDaytona
IMHO...Over the last 10 years Havasu has gone down hill. Even 5 years ago it was much more enjoyable, with less people and boats. The damn Cali housing boom has ruined it all! Now a majority of the people there act like bad a$$es who can't drive and moreover imply that their "big ballers."

Froggystyle
I warned you on midwestboatparty.com and here that you were going on an off weekend, before the season.
And I saw pics of LOTO this weekend... you didn't miss the party by coming here, that's for sure.
But, different strokes for different folks. Just consider this... you were one of many boats full of guys showing up hoping to pull trim. You were not one of the many boats I hang out with who show up with a bunch of women looking for a party.
You were part of the problem you see... You didn't bring any women, and expected to have a good time. We pretty much spend our whole weekend trying to get away from boats full of guys. Seriously. Sausage parties are never cool, at any lake.
Bring some women next time and see how it works out for you. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is going to let a swordfight park next to them.
Just a thought...

Racer277
04-06-2006, 08:22 AM
http://image.weather.com/images/maps/forecast/map_wkpln_day2_3usc_enus_440x297.jpg :idea:
http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_las_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg

Phat Matt
04-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Havasu Forecast
Today: Sunny. High 81F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Generally clear. Low 58F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: A mainly sunny sky. High 89F. ENE winds shifting to S at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow night: Clear skies. Low 64F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday: Sunshine. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the mid 60s.
Sunday: A few clouds. Highs in the upper 80s and lows in the mid 60s.
Monday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.

NOTALENT
04-06-2006, 08:28 AM
I warned you on midwestboatparty.com and here that you were going on an off weekend, before the season.
And I saw pics of LOTO this weekend... you didn't miss the party by coming here, that's for sure.
But, different strokes for different folks. Just consider this... you were one of many boats full of guys showing up hoping to pull trim. You were not one of the many boats I hang out with who show up with a bunch of women looking for a party.
You were part of the problem you see... You didn't bring any women, and expected to have a good time. We pretty much spend our whole weekend trying to get away from boats full of guys. Seriously. Sausage parties are never cool, at any lake.
Bring some women next time and see how it works out for you. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is going to let a swordfight park next to them.
Just a thought...
Haha...I am an exeption :crossx: ...When I roll all the bro's...We still pull trim...Theres just a right way to go about it....haha.. We did pretty good last weekend, but yeah when I bring my girls, I tend to stay away from the scene.

MayDaze
04-06-2006, 08:31 AM
That is kind of like saying "Scoreboard" to the Lakers fans :)
Or its like looking up in the rafters at the Staples Center and seeing Banners and not seeing banners. :) :) :)

Cole Trickle
04-06-2006, 08:31 AM
What...????!!!! Damn!!!! :mad: Dont you have my phone #!!!! haha....Shit was insane though...we got to party a few minutes @ kokohos....but shit I was so beligerent at that time.....haha. :crossx: when you headed out next???
Shoot me your cell for next time....
We should be out there anchored bright and early for the Poker Run. :)

kanedog
04-06-2006, 08:32 AM
LOTO is starting to get going.
Like the ice is melting at LOTO?
At this time of year Havi prolly has the most boats on the lake/river in the whole wide world(lol), and the warmest lake weather (US anyway) Unfortunately, sex out in the open, nakedness and general lewd conduct was hard to find. I feel for the 2000 mile trip that you planned and the time it took to plan ,drive, etc.
Thanks for comin out, hopefully you can enjoy the pics posted from here throughout the year.
If you want to do it again, hook up with someone from the boards and let them know what u want to see and do, it may work out better for you.

Cole Trickle
04-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Here is a picture I took while we were tied up at the cove...
Kinda cool to see something like this in Havasu.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491100_0262.jpg
My new Camera has a pretty good zoom!!

OnlyMoney
04-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Brandon, there's a pic of you in that site with a girl in pasties and WHITE SUNGLASSES. :D :D :D

MayDaze
04-06-2006, 08:37 AM
I will look up at them on Sunday and smile as it is all in the past. There is a new sheriff in town :argue: :)
You going to be in BHC Easter weekend?

Wakker
04-06-2006, 08:37 AM
My new Camera has a pretty good zoom!!Good thing that animal wasn't around, those LOTO boys might have pulled over to frenchie such a creature..

Cole Trickle
04-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Good thing that animal wasn't around, those LOTO boys might have pulled over to frenchie such a creature..
You know you have talent when you have your own move named after you!! :crossx:

Wakker
04-06-2006, 08:43 AM
You know you have talent when you have your own move named after you!! :crossx:I can't spell beastiality :rollside:

NOTALENT
04-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Brandon, there's a pic of you in that site with a girl in pasties and WHITE SUNGLASSES. :D :D :D
Huh??? what?? where??? :p :crossx: Im everywhere....but post it!!! :p

NOTALENT
04-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Shoot me your cell for next time....
We should be out there anchored bright and early for the Poker Run. :)
Done did kid.

Cole Trickle
04-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Done did kid.
Back at ya

Cole Trickle
04-06-2006, 08:54 AM
I can't spell beastiality :rollside:
Thats a good thing!!! :idea: :)

OnlyMoney
04-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Huh??? what?? where??? :p :crossx: Im everywhere....but post it!!! :p
You know me, I can't post pics, but I think it's on page 2 of that girlsoflakehavasu.com site. I also finally found a few pics of me in pasties. :rolleyes: :yuk: And no, I'm not posting those either. Thank God I've dropped a few pounds. :yuk:

NOTALENT
04-06-2006, 09:05 AM
You know me, I can't post pics, but I think it's on page 2 of that girlsoflakehavasu.com site. I also finally found a few pics of me in pasties. :rolleyes: :yuk: And no, I'm not posting those either. Thank God I've dropped a few pounds. :yuk:
Can you send me the link??? I cant find it...?? an im at work...im afraid of what pics will pop up..... :crossx:

burtandnancy
04-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Robertbob, have to somewhat agree with you, but its not apples to apples. Havasu has a very long season, relatively smooth water and when the weather is good, a super turn out. Freak weather this year, no wonder you were disappointed. However, LOTO may have the bars, restaurants, resorts and homes on the water, but they have too many BIG cruisers plowing up the water and your sea wall is a killer. We stayed at the TanTara, had a slip and all, but the boating sucked! Next time out west give Lake Mead a try...

OnlyMoney
04-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Can you send me the link??? I cant find it...?? an im at work...im afraid of what pics will pop up..... :crossx:
I hope this works. Direct to the pic, no nakedness. (http://www.thegirlsofhavasu.com/Girls%20Of%20Havasu/IMG_3323.JPG)

Phat Matt
04-06-2006, 09:18 AM
http://www.thegirlsofhavasu.com/Girls%20Of%20Havasu/IMG_3323.JPG

28Prowler525
04-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Yes, Havi does suck. Please tell all your friends.

NOTALENT
04-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Haha...god damn....Memories.... :crossx: You know I actually tried making piece with her on new years...but that didnt go so well.... :p
Thanks for blowing it up matt... :rolleyes: :)
Is that the only one???

unleashed
04-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah Havasu is so boring. Loto is the shiat! :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/249401-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/249501-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/249503-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/249505-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/249509-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/249m18.JPG

BADAXE
04-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Robertbob, have to somewhat agree with you, but its not apples to apples. Havasu has a very long season, relatively smooth water and when the weather is good, a super turn out. Freak weather this year, no wonder you were disappointed. However, LOTO may have the bars, restaurants, resorts and homes on the water, but they have too many BIG cruisers plowing up the water and your sea wall is a killer. We stayed at the TanTara, had a slip and all, but the boating sucked! Next time out west give Lake Mead a try...
Hey Burt everyone knows that Mead sucks even worse than havasu. :wink:

burtandnancy
04-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Badaxe, that guy was to immature for Mead anyway...(and probably way to slow)

Wake Havasu
04-06-2006, 10:16 AM
"There is just a lot more bars/restaurants "
Probably true.
Even the tiny Parker strip has more.
I am surprised there are not a half dozen cool bar/cafes on Havi shores.

Wake Havasu
04-06-2006, 10:23 AM
At LOTO it is more like 50 ft boats and 6 ft chop. Your little boats out there would be swamped.
http://www.lakeozark.com/partycove/images/pcove35.jpg
I agree the typical Havi boat cannot compare to these.

NOTALENT
04-06-2006, 10:24 AM
http://www.lakeozark.com/partycove/images/pcove35.jpg
I agree the typical Havi boat cannot compare to these.
Those look like the gayliner focks that hit my boat!!!! :crossx:

CornWater
04-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Jay, are you wearing pink board shorts?????
:D :D :D

OGShocker
04-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Jay, are you wearing pink board shorts?????
:D :D :D
I think those are his Lavender pair...:D

UncleLarry
04-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Damn
When did Lake Havasu become so friggen popular - all winter i have to defend our silly little city/lake to most of California.... but an 'almost snowbird" says bad things and you all come to our defense.
Guess I am smart for living here year around and around and around....

OGShocker
04-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Damn
When did Lake Havasu become so friggen popular - all winter i have to defend our silly little city/lake to most of California.... but an 'almost snowbird" says bad things and you all come to our defense.
Guess I am smart for living here year around and around and around....
Larry,
Are we meeting for a drink this weekend?

UncleLarry
04-06-2006, 10:41 AM
I would be dissapointed if we did not have a drink - friday i do have a date yes the old man still gets out and (fill in the blank)...
Jokers Wild Promotions phone rings on my cell
928 680 0265 call me..

RAMROD
04-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Wasn't There An East Coast/west Coast Thread Something To This Effect Awile Back?

OGShocker
04-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I would be dissapointed if we did not have a drink - friday i do have a date yes the old man still gets out and (masterbates to the rhythmic sounds of Barry White)...
Jokers Wild Promotions phone rings on my cell
928 680 0265 call me..
Blank filled in..:D
I'll call Saturday sometime...

UncleLarry
04-06-2006, 12:18 PM
at least its barry white....lmao

Boa1277
04-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Yes you hit it right on the nose Havasu sucks you really really need to just keep going to LOTO. There is only guys and small slow boats on Havasu. LOL

SummitKarl
04-06-2006, 12:46 PM
My new Camera has a pretty good zoom!!
I see you got the "REVERSE" option on it :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734buttshot.JPG

SummitKarl
04-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Sorry MO,
I am most impressed with Havasu's Assets :) :rollside:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734favbutt.JPG