PDA

View Full Version : Nader's allegorical wonder?

Lake Pirate
07-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Far be it for me to discuss politics when there are so many more important subjects such as "I drink on Saturdays" and "Anybody seen my doggie" but... the tightie righties might actually have reason to celebrate early in lieu of the normal November "we win, conga line."
It seems 'ol Nader isn't as dumb as he looks. The Dems are already pretty weak due to party splits and voter apathy. Naders allegations toward the party as promulgaters of disruption at his convention and his handy allegorical spin could lead to more dissention in the party and an ugly defeat in November? Is Nader the fuel that burns out the two-party system? There's no way the guy could win so, his only significance in this election would be party pooper?

Lake Pirate
07-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Oh...and just for the record, debating politics is a good thing. It can help inform normally uninformed people. It can create interest by normally uninterested people and it can piss off tight asses. All good things!

Coach
07-11-2004, 08:15 PM
I will always encourage Nader to run, he will only split the liberal and ultra liberal to help strengthen the Republican Party vote.:D

Lake Pirate
07-11-2004, 08:31 PM
You are probably right? A big reason to celebrate today but what about the larger picture? If this is the catalyst that brings down a fairly competitive party do you really believe the uber right is the best thing for America...forever?