PDA

View Full Version : 31' Warlock cat opinions

Q-ROTOR WARLOCK
07-11-2004, 09:01 PM
I was wondering what yall thought about the 31 warlock cats? How do they do in rough water? Do they hunt at slower speeds(35-40mph)? and any other things you think of would be great. I have a 25 and will keep it I just want a mid size cat that I can stand up and drive. Thanks Again

MATTRSMAN
07-12-2004, 09:56 AM
I HAVE A 36 FOOT WARLOCK, WHICH I AM VERY HAPPY WITH. I BELIEVE THE 31 HAS A BETTER RUNNING BOTTOM, I JUST DONT CARE TOO MUCH FOR THE DECK. I BELIEVE IF WARLOCK BUILT THE 31 WITH A CUT DOWN OF THE 36 DECK, THEY WOULD SELL A TON OF BOATS. I HAVE SEEN 31'S WITH 500 HP TWINS RUN RIGHT AT 95. MY CAT WILL PORPOUS BETWEEN 80-90 BUT NOT AFTER THAT. THE CABIN IS UN-REAL IN THE 31 AS WELL.

HP350SC
07-12-2004, 10:58 AM
There is a 31 up here with #6 drives on it. Has ran 131mph if I remember correctly. I think it did porpoise a little around 100 but probably weight of drives/center of gravity deal. It handles rough water excellent as I saw him fly by!
I'm not much on the upper deck either.
I'll let you know how he runs as he'll probably be in the Portland Poker run this weekend.

Q-ROTOR WARLOCK
07-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by MATTRSMAN
I HAVE A 36 FOOT WARLOCK, WHICH I AM VERY HAPPY WITH. I BELIEVE THE 31 HAS A BETTER RUNNING BOTTOM, I JUST DONT CARE TOO MUCH FOR THE DECK. THE CABIN IS UN-REAL IN THE 31 AS WELL.
I agree the deck does look alittle strange but I am starting to like it. They dont look that great on the trailer but in the water I really like the looks. The cabin is the other BIG plus. Its the only cat I have seen in the 28-32 size range that has any usable cabin space.

HP350SC
07-12-2004, 10:01 PM
pictures in Cats and Tunnels, post volume too high on sandbar:cool:

Q-ROTOR WARLOCK
07-13-2004, 06:50 AM
Thanks HP350SC.

DogHouse
07-13-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Q-ROTOR WARLOCK
I agree the deck does look alittle strange but I am starting to like it. They dont look that great on the trailer but in the water I really like the looks. The cabin is the other BIG plus. Its the only cat I have seen in the 28-32 size range that has any usable cabin space.
If you're interested in cabin space in a cat, check out the 34 Magic. It has a ton of room down below including a head. Beautiful lines and a nice big swim deck out back as well. Not sure how it compares speed-wise to the Warlock but I'm sure it will run good with some hp.
-brian