PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are running mech. water temp gauges?

dmontzsta
07-11-2004, 09:41 PM
do you have a long line to the manifold?

Beautiful Noise
07-11-2004, 09:47 PM
I have mine in the front of each head:D

Sleek-Jet
07-11-2004, 09:50 PM
I'm gettin ready to put a mechanicle one in the Campbell. Probably run -4 push-lock hose up to it.

dmontzsta
07-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
I have mine in the front of each head:D
huh? :confused:

Beautiful Noise
07-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
huh? :confused:
In the front of each Head:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/29Engine_1-med.jpg

Sleek-Jet
07-11-2004, 10:05 PM
He spends so much time looking at the boats about to pass, that's it's easier to put the guages on the motor. :D

Beautiful Noise
07-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
He spends so much time looking at the boats about to pass, that's it's easier to put the guages on the motor. :D
HaHaHaHa..................Hmmmmmm I knew there was a reason I did it that way:rolleyes: :D :D

Roman 1
07-11-2004, 11:05 PM
do you have a long line to the manifold?
Uhh No, I have a long line to the dash.;)
RC:D

dmontzsta
07-12-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
In the front of each Head:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/29Engine_1-med.jpg
nice, where did you get those? and how much did they cost you?

rrrr
07-12-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
:D :D

HM
07-12-2004, 07:14 AM
I no longer run water temp gauges - I find them pretty useless on engine temperature in boats.
I run oil temp and water pressure gauges - big difference on how I thought my engine was running.
Before, I thought my engine only ran 140 F max. according to the "water temp gauge". When I hooked up an oil temp gauge (off of the oil pan) I found out the oil would normally run around 180-190F just cruising, and got up to 230F when flat footing. Water pressure gauge lets me know the water is still flowing.

dmontzsta
07-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by HolyMoly
I no longer run water temp gauges - I find them pretty useless on engine temperature in boats.
I run oil temp and water pressure gauges - big difference on how I thought my engine was running.
Before, I thought my engine only ran 140 F max. according to the "water temp gauge". When I hooked up an oil temp gauge (off of the oil pan) I found out the oil would normally run around 180-190F just cruising, and got up to 230F when flat footing. Water pressure gauge lets me know the water is still flowing.
This is true. In marine engines you just need to make sure your pump is still pumping, that is all I am concerned about. :)

HM
07-12-2004, 10:39 AM
This is true. In marine engines you just need to make sure your pump is still pumping, that is all I am concerned about. :)
Many people will try to restrict the water flow so that they can get the temp up as they think the water temp is the running temp like in a car. But cooler water temps allow us boaters to get away with more hot rod stuff while running pump gas.
If you don't have an oil temp, I suggest you get one - quite an eye opening insight to your engine.