PDA

View Full Version : Crazyhorse Campgrounds

bear down
07-12-2004, 06:55 AM
So far my wife and I have had great experiences with our last 8 trips to Crazy Horse. Originally we started taking our trailer and staying in either the VIP Section or at the Point (love having the private slip). We got tired of pulling the trailer in and out of storage so last week we decided to have a designated spot for the rest of the summer. This past weekend being our first weeked with our trailer already there has been great, we got there on Friday night and did not have to pull out the trailer anymore to bring it over to Crazyhorse, it was nice having it already there. After a full day of boating we were able to beach our boat at the dock area of the marina with no issues and just drove back to our trailer with out having to load up our boat. We have saved so much money in Condo rental fee's and convience by staying at CrazyHorse..We just love it. We have one more way of making life easier but not sure whether to do it or not. On our spot we have enough room to leave our boat. We currently store our boat at Campbell's and have had a great experience there but at $135.00 I am having a hard time justifing storing my boat there when I can leave it at Crazyhorse. My thinking is this, once the season is over at Crazyhorse I will take my boat to river toys in Needles since it's much cheaper and I never use the boat during the winter and next year we will get the same spot at Crazy Horse and leave our boat next to our trailer during the summer. I see many trailers with boats stored at there spot at Crazy Horse which leads me to believe they are comfortable with it. My question is this, how much damage with the sun do to the boat.(we have a boat cover on it)? The heat is the same at Crazyhorse as it is indoors at Campbells so I am not worried about that. The boat will be shadowed by the trailer for about half the day and the boat will only be exposed to the light for about 7 hours a day. I just wanted to get some feed back from you guys. Thanks and sorry for the fillabuster!

welk2party
07-12-2004, 07:52 AM
Just curious, how big is your spot @ Campbells? I have been looking for one out there.
People do the same thing at the Springs with their trailers and boats. Some people cover the boat with canvas all the way down to the ground as an added layer. Hope this helps.

Mandelon
07-12-2004, 08:41 AM
Can you set up a framed cover/carport dealio over the boat as well?
SDLifesaver has a bitchen cover that goes all the way to the ground, to keep the trailer and tires out of the sun too.
I'd be a little concerned about the stereo and components disappearing.......but that can happen anywhere.

bear down
07-12-2004, 09:02 AM
That was my thinking as well. At campbells, it's gated and security on Site 24/7 though sometimes you can just drive in, but in all I feel my boat is very secure. At Crazy Horse anyone can really access you camp. But with the Money I save I can just buy a new system:D :eek!: If something happens. It's a hard call for me because I just love the convience factor of having everything at one spot. We will call Crazyhorse to see if we can put a canopy on the site.

bchbum
07-12-2004, 03:23 PM
What does Crazyhorse charge for a spot like yours ? I would love to leave the motorhome there all summer .Is it yearly or monthly ?Are power & water on a meter ?

bear down
07-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Power is only on meter. It's costs $295 p/month if over 4 months or $325 p/month 3 months and under. I think yearly is $3300. You can do yearly or monthly whatever is available.

bear down
07-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
Just curious, how big is your spot @ Campbells? I have been looking for one out there.
People do the same thing at the Springs with their trailers and boats. Some people cover the boat with canvas all the way down to the ground as an added layer. Hope this helps.
My spot is a 10'x26' spot. Barely can squeeze my 22' length wise because of the length of the trailer 26' with a couple of inches to spare.

nextasex
07-12-2004, 09:02 PM
If all goes well, you will have a private designated spot for your boat :wink:
Frank

bear down
07-13-2004, 03:48 AM
Ooohh Yeah!!!!;) :D Good Luck!

welk2party
07-13-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by bear down
My spot is a 10'x26' spot. Barely can squeeze my 22' length wise because of the length of the trailer 26' with a couple of inches to spare.
I need 36', its hard to find.

Three Days Only
07-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Crazy Horse is dirty, theres thieves, and it sucks. Please everyone stay far away from Crazy Horse. D-Row is the worst!!!
Stay away, very far away!!!!!!!

ADDICTED
07-13-2004, 09:59 AM
Yah what he said!

Reaper1
07-13-2004, 11:31 AM
I would worry about my boat getting hit by a run away golf cart over at crazy horse. There's some psychos over there when the sun goes down.:eek: :frown:

J540
07-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
Crazy Horse is dirty, theres thieves, and it sucks. Please everyone stay far away from Crazy Horse. D-Row is the worst!!!
Stay away, very far away!!!!!!!
YES , This is true,that D-row, golf carts fly'n around crash'n in to things,Rolling over and stuff, very bad. even that J row is getting bad, Verticaly the Place has become one big rat hole:D
Be back at it next week, had to replace a lifter/cam, ouch.....:mad:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by J540
YES , This is true,that D-row, golf carts fly'n around crash'n in to things,Rolling over and stuff, very bad. even that J row is getting bad, Verticaly the Place has become one big rat hole:D
Be back at it next week, had to replace a lifter/cam, ouch.....:mad:
:eek:

Evo22
07-13-2004, 07:08 PM
ive even heard about gangs over there too( claiming turf) :D :confused: