PDA

View Full Version : Seatow or Vessel assist?

THOR
04-06-2006, 05:44 AM
I am thinking of purchasing one of these services. What some your thoughts regarding one over the other?

Flying Tiger
04-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Vessel assist has had more reliable locations over they years, and seems more participation.
Not knocking SeaTow,, just seems like VA is in more places, more often IMHO.
Don't cross the San Pedro channel without it.
They have a rep in Avalon which is a BFD with advantages to numberous to list.
We don't just go to Catalina to anchor & hang out, we go and play with the boat.
For example:
Nite time at the east end lite with a 10 mill candelpower lite (COSTCO $36) checking out the flying fish.
If ya break down you are F()<#ed deluxe "You done had it", and they can be on the scene within 20 minutes or less and haul you back to your mooring.

Tremor Therapy
04-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Vessel Assist....period!

HocusPocus
04-06-2006, 06:57 AM
good question.. i have been wondering the same thing. i talked with the seatow people at the little boat show in Havasu a couple weekends ago. then last weekend i talked with the vessel assist people in the channel. each group was very nice and helpful, but i couldn't decide which would be better.

H20 Toie
04-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Last year when i checked Sea tow has more cases of trying to turn a tow into a salvage ( they make 100% + more money if it's a salvage) so i went with Vessel Assist, i did need to use them once (Turns out i cannot go 200 miles on a tank of gas :( ) They brought me 5 gals of gas and i was good to go. It is worth the expence if you go in the ocean i don't know if i would have got it if only running the river.

gmocnik
04-06-2006, 07:08 AM
my only experience has been with sea tow at havasu...
they have been very helpful and responsive the two times i have needed their assistance..
either one is well worth the +/- 100 bucks per year

Hardly Satisfied
04-06-2006, 07:34 AM
I have Seatow. have not used them yet .depends with you boat the most ,check to see if they are there.

THOR
04-06-2006, 07:35 AM
I should have prefaced this by saying that I only boat in Havasu, Mohave, Mead etc.

SummitKarl
04-06-2006, 08:41 AM
got no clue as to which one is better, but I just got a free year of SEA TOW with the used boat I bought, I met him once, I think his name is Chris, but seemed like a good guy, he came across the lake just for a jump start and didn't charge....besides he has a very cute girlfriend thats always with him :)

Havasu_Dreamin
04-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Vessel Assist

wildbillg
04-06-2006, 06:53 PM
We give a free year with every boat purchased at The Boat Brokers for 1 year Only good For Lake Havasu, they have 33 or 4 boats and are usually pretty quick on gettin to you....
I have used vessel assist for the ocean when I was in southern cali.
I think for Havasu sea Tow IS about the BEST ....
Hi Karl................................
GLAD TO HEAR YOU UPGRADED THE MOTOR..

J540
04-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I should have prefaced this by saying that I only boat in Havasu, Mohave, Mead etc.
Go with V A. Sea tow is under new management maybe its a littel better now but I wouldn't. There are a few pirates out there trust me i seen them in action.
The V A. Person that dose uper Havi and the river and Mohave is a friend and perty good guy, Iam one of his Divers thats go's after the sunk boats with him. Infact I mite leave fri, to goto Mohave to get a boat that just sunk in 120'. just got the call 2hrs ago. If you want some info PM me For my #.
The thing about the salvage deal, they were getting boats that were heading into rocks,shore,etc. and saying that in was preventing posiable and further hazard and they word it to say its a 100% salavge which end the end would net them 1/2 or some times more of the price of your boat, and this has happend a lot.
any way you can call Greg at Vessel Assist Needles his # is 928 788 1815 or 866 SAFE TOW. Tell him John (J540) sent you.
PS. the yellow boats only have two tow boats and VA has 7 from laughlin to havisu springs. So how long do you want to wait.

HTRDLNCN
04-06-2006, 09:02 PM
I never even heard of Vessel Assist till I read this thread!
I use Sea Tow as the only other service I knew about down
here was Boat US which frankly blows..
As a side note,after just checking out Vessel Assist website it says
they have been bought by Boat US..
So I guess Boat US = Vessel Assist depending where you live..