PDA

View Full Version : Summertime.....sure is fun. Unless you have to work!

Mandelon
07-12-2004, 09:26 AM
I stopped by the house to drop off some stuff this morning. I had a quick snack and watched the family get ready for another nice day down at the beach.
"Are you coming with us Daddy"?? They asked.
No, kids, sorry Dad gets to go back to work. :(
I guess its just the way things are. Somebody's got to pay the bills. Better to have the wife at home and taking care of them instead of some daycare provider...
I'm just a little jealous, I guess. I run the retirement scenario through my head. I could sell all my house, the business and the apartments, cash out and live somewhere cheaper and probably not have to work anymore. If I lived at the river I might get tired of it.....buy a 40 sailboat and maybe sail around the world......beachfront in Baja........move to LHC and build a house or two a year......full time on a houseboat.......fishing in Belize............lots of choices.
Nah, who am I kidding? Back to work I go.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Anybody here done it? Getting ready to do it?

Mandelon
07-12-2004, 05:05 PM
They went snorkeling down at the cove in La Jolla...fish like frozen peas......:cool:

Kilrtoy
07-12-2004, 05:07 PM
What is this work you speak of?
I have heard of it, can you post some pictures to give me a better understanding....

ratso
07-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
What is this work you speak of?
I have heard of it, can you post some pictures to give me a better understanding....
Work is keeping your woman happy if you have any sense at all....

TheEduKATor
07-12-2004, 05:25 PM
One of the good things about teaching is the summer's off. On the other hand you have to remember to budget money to pay for all the river trips during the summer. As far as retirement goes, I still need another 30 years before I buy a sail boat and sail the world. :(

Kilrtoy
07-12-2004, 05:29 PM
As far as retirement goes, I still need another 30 years before I buy a sail boat and sail the world.
Damn i'm not that much older than you and I only have 14 years to go.....

Boatcop
07-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Summertime.....sure is fun. Unless you have to work!
Except if you got MY job! :D :D :D