PDA

View Full Version : plumber

LAVEYSABRE575
07-12-2004, 11:28 AM
can anybody recommend a plumber in havasu..derek

HCS
07-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Plumbers are damn expensive. Last time I needed a plummer it
cost me 500 bucks.:eek: For a couple hrs work.
Hopefully you can find a buddy.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Plumbers are damn expensive. Last time I needed a plummer it
cost me 500 bucks.:eek: For a couple hrs work.
Hopefully you can find a buddy.
what did you have done.. that is actually cheap for a couple hours I think..

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by LAVEYSABRE575
what is it you need done in Havasu?;)

HOOTER SLED-
07-12-2004, 11:42 AM
That's why you got that big ass boat!! :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by HOOTER SLED-
That's why you got that big ass boat!! :D :D
no.. .. we are actually alot cheaper then most plumbers around..;)

HCS
07-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
Sewer work. The second time around I did it myself.

HOOTER SLED-
07-12-2004, 11:46 AM
I guess plumbers feel like they have to charge more because they're like having a stripper come to your house with that crack sticking out and all. :D You have to pay for that kind of entertainment.

OGShocker
07-12-2004, 11:47 AM
If you find one, please PM me.

HCS
07-12-2004, 11:48 AM
no.. .. we are actually alot cheaper then most plumbers around..;)
I can't figure out why they charge so much. I think it's a conspiracy. The work they did on my house wasn't that difficult.
I guess it's because they can.:rolleyes:

MagicMtnDan
07-12-2004, 11:52 AM
LOL :D Gotta love it - $500 for a couple hours of work and Mrs BigCat says that's actually cheap :eek:
Sure explains how you have that big cat :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
Sewer work. The second time around I did it myself.
did they have to dig it or snake it , replace it or what.. just currious becuase we probably could have helped you out..;)

HOOTER SLED-
A friend of mine works doing re-pipes and gave me the scoop on the $$$ that flows around on some of those jobs. I'm in the wrong line of work. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
LOL :D Gotta love it - $500 for a couple hours of work and Mrs BigCat says that's actually cheap :eek:
Sure explains how you have that big cat :cool:
not to be mean.. but if you had to walk , sit, crawl and smell like shit what would you charge.. ;)

OGShocker
07-12-2004, 11:54 AM
what would you charge.. ;)
More than the going rate!;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by HOOTER SLED-
A friend of mine works doing re-pipes and gave me the scoop on the $$$ that flows around on some of those jobs. I'm in the wrong line of work. :D
want a job..;) :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
More than the going rate!;)
LOL!! sometimes it is not worth it.. it pays well but alot of people don't realize what it intales except for the lighter pocket book,:)

HCS
07-12-2004, 11:58 AM
did they have to dig it or snake it , replace it or what.. just currious becuase we probably could have helped you out..;)
Put in a clean out. Then they wanted 279 bucks to run a camera.
I had to have it done because I put in a new front yard.
I didn't want to have to tear it up later.

HOOTER SLED-
07-12-2004, 12:01 PM
want a job..;) :D :D
I'm telling ya!!! Screw that hard labor though. I could manage some boys for ya. :D I can occasionally show some crack to keep the female customers happy though. I'll bring my wife for the male customers. :D

Froggystyle
07-12-2004, 12:06 PM
I can't figure out why they charge so much. I think it's a conspiracy. The work they did on my house wasn't that difficult.
I guess it's because they can.:rolleyes:
This always brings me to the question... "If it wasn't that difficult, why did you call someone?"
Plumbing is a bitch. As an HT in the Navy, I got to do my fair share of piping systems, and have a lot of respect for the art.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 12:08 PM
Put in a clean out. Then they wanted 279 bucks to run a camera.
I had to have it done because I put in a new front yard.
I didn't want to have to tear it up later.
the camara is usually 250.00-300.00 to run because the camara head itself is 3,000.00. plus the cable and the t.v and VCR.. the cleanout is usually about 100-150.00..
so it's about right.. also most plumbers will not snake a sewer from the roof anymore due to insuance reasons.. they are not covered..
did they give you the tape after running the camara.. I hope so.. you paid for it.;)

Jrocket
07-12-2004, 12:11 PM
If plumbing is SO easy,then why doesnt everybody do it?
SO easy and you make SO much money?

BarryMac
07-12-2004, 12:13 PM
not to be mean.. but if you had to walk , sit, crawl and smell like shit what would you charge.. ;)
Our shit is your bread and butter...:D
gjb

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
If plumbing is SO easy,then why doesnt everybody do it?
SO easy and you make SO much money?
It's is not all that easy.. not many people like us want to crawl in what you had for dinner the night before.. :yuk: :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by gottajetboat
Our shit is your bread and butter...:D
gjb
thank you .. everyone will always need a plumber as long as you have running water.;) :D

Jrocket
07-12-2004, 12:55 PM
It's is not all that easy.. not many people like us want to crawl in what you had for dinner the night before.. :yuk: :D :D
What are you giving me the:yuk: for.Im on your side,remember(DCB family).How quickly the big boat people forget us little boats..LOL:D
I was saying that,if these people think that plumbing is all so easy then maybe they should change careers and become millionaires like ALL the other plumbers out there.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
What are you giving me the:yuk: for.Im on your side,remember(DCB family).How quickly the big boat people forget us little boats..LOL:D
I was saying that,if these people think that plumbing is all so easy then maybe they should change careers and become millionaires like ALL the other plumbers out there.
LMAO!! I wasn't giving you the :yuk: I was giving the crawling in poopy the :yuk:
I will always give you the :D

superdave013
07-12-2004, 01:06 PM
I had the Flying V's do some plumbing for me. Sure I could have done it. But....... with everything else going on I caved and asked them if they would take the small job.
They showed up right on time and kicked the work out. Took them 4 hours. I bet it would have taken me 10 hours with 6-8 trips to Home Depot.
Bottom line, MONEY WELL SPENT!

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
I had the Flying V's do some plumbing for me. Sure I could have done it. But....... with everything else going on I caved and asked them if they would take the small job.
They showed up right on time and kicked the work out. Took them 4 hours. I bet it would have taken me 10 hours with 6-8 trips to Home Depot.
Bottom line, MONEY WELL SPENT!
thank you sweetie.. ;) I still wish I could have met you.. ;)

Boozer
07-12-2004, 01:20 PM
How does one go about becoming a plumber without taking the 5 year apprenticeship union route? I actually looked into beomcing a plumber back in the day but going the union route didnt seem to appealing. I have some friends that did it and they all now work for home depot, lowes, etc. because the union hasn't put them to work in quite some time.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
How does one go about becoming a plumber without taking the 5 year apprenticeship union route? I actually looked into beomcing a plumber back in the day but going the union route didnt seem to appealing. I have some friends that did it and they all now work for home depot, lowes, etc. because the union hasn't put them to work in quite some time.
we are not union.. Jamie was a helper for 1 year and then became a plumber and took his test after 1 1/2 years now ownes his co. I got trained by him and work under his lic. ;)

HCS
07-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Who gets all the money?
The plumber?
Or the owner?
Nerver mind. Dumb question.:D

Dave C
07-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Smells like sh*t to us... smells like money to Mrs. V. ;)
BTW don't forget to tell them how much your W/C insurance costs.:eek:
Boozer, I saw an advertisement for a vocational school that trained you to become a plumber like Sequoia Institute. . I don't know if they are any good but its an alternative to the unions.

dexman38
07-12-2004, 04:09 PM
plumbers are the best people in the world . they protect the health and safty of the people.

lovemyultra
07-12-2004, 05:38 PM
If anyone learns a trade and becomes a skilled tradesman they deserve to be paid and paid well

Boozer
07-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
Boozer, I saw an advertisement for a vocational school that trained you to become a plumber like Sequoia Institute. . I don't know if they are any good but its an alternative to the unions.
They'll probably make you as much a plumber as UEI makes people computer programmers. My brother and cousin got suckered into that vocation school bs. 15K later my brother answers phones for a cable company and my cousin stocks the racks at a fat lady store. I attribute part of their current proffessions to a lack of motivation on their parts but still feel that those vocational schools are a scam. A good scam though considering you get all these kids to come in and get 15K loans from the government that are garunteed because they can never file bankruptcy on them.

dexman38
07-12-2004, 07:42 PM
to become a real plumber you need more then vocational school. real plumbers cost real money.just like a boat you get what you pay for. the plumbers that make the big bucks are the ones that provide great service and know their shit:) .

Propchecker
07-12-2004, 07:46 PM
can anybody recommend a plumber in havasu..derek We always use Craig Plumbing. They have lots of guys and show up when they say. We've had them replace gas lines, toilets, copper, etc. Quality can vary with a big co. , though.

Jrocket
07-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by dexman38
provide great service and know their shit:) .
Litterally! :D

sorry dog
07-12-2004, 10:23 PM
that is actually cheap for a couple hours I think..
A girl once told me that...

HCS
07-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Use a toilet plunger. It's cheep shit.
Just make sure you rinse out the chunks when your done.
I hate to think how much that service call would be!:eek!:
Mileage 50 bucks.
Service call 70 bucks.
Camera to locate chunks 270 bucks.
Flush chunks 30 bucks.
Total 420 dollars.
No tax because no materials were used.
Thank you for your shit.

phebus
07-13-2004, 05:38 AM
Funy this thread came up. I'm off to Home Desperate to get a new pressure reducer for the Havasu house. Stopped working, just like everyone else's around here. What's in the water?

OGShocker
07-13-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by phebus
I'm off to Home Desperate to get a new pressure reducer for the Havasu house.
Find us a Plumber while your out. and I think were out of coffee too.