PDA

View Full Version : vortech vs procharger

cook1
07-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Any one have any thoughts. I have priced out two comparable kits for bbc carbureted one with a v7i ys trim and a f1. The vortech is over $700.00 dollars less even with the carb enclosure.

HP350SC
07-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Vortech is nicer IMO, but I would still go roots or Whipple if I was you. Those carb. boxes are fugly.

cook1
07-12-2004, 01:43 PM
I would but its for a jet boat and I don't need any bottom end torque. Thankfor the info

Turbojack
07-13-2004, 03:46 AM
I have a procharger & their tech support sucks. Need to contact Tomcat & look at his rtech intercooler with the vortech. Hot setup & the most HP for the $

cook1
07-13-2004, 07:54 AM
Sounds like vortech might be the way to go. Any ideas why the procharger is so much more.

Wild Horses
07-13-2004, 08:00 AM
I,m running a Vortech race trim pump on my 502 with an inline intercooler running 9 lbs of boost at 6000 ft on 91 octane. (I agree the Rtech is the way to go)
I have been happy with it, only draw back is when I went to less compression 8.5 to 1 running at high altitudes you lose more of your bottom end for take off even though I have more top end.:frown:
One of those things in life on the search for more speed!:D
Clint

franky
07-13-2004, 08:41 AM
rtech intercooler, talk about ugly.
GO WITH THE VORTEC. The Procharger system looks like an prototype that went into production as is. Toatl Hobo!!
I built an 470, oval port merlin, small crane cam, custom intercooler, my own carb box. It made 820 hp, 720 tq and idles at 650 rpm (so it wouldn't kill my outdrive everytime I put it in gear). Runs like a stocker (except for that damm bad alternator bearing whine!), until you put youtr foot in it.
It is a V-3 J trim running only 6 lbs boost. If you had a bigger cam, rect. ports, upped the boost a couple ponds you could broach 1,000 reliable hp. I would suggest a remote, twin (side by side) intercoole since you have the room. The ones that hamg on the engine and are single core just don't do it.
I have a couple of Spearco cores andf can give you pictures of what works if you know a good fab guy, or I can help.

cook1
07-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Thanks guys I just bought a spearco buy boost coolers on ebay new. They say it is good for 1000 hp. I only want to run 5 to 7 psi on a 500 ci. If you have any more input I happily welcome it.

cook1
07-13-2004, 12:11 PM
If you got any pictures of your or any other instals it would be helpful to me. I have to custom fit it onto a bbf.

franky
07-13-2004, 01:31 PM
bbf? Big Block Ford....sorry I didn't realize you didn't have the good sense to be owning a bowtie. Forget the whole "reliable" reference. Your on your own. Don't let anyone know we were even talking.

Q-ROTOR WARLOCK
07-14-2004, 05:28 AM
== LOL ==:D :D :D

cook1
07-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Sorry for mentioning it was a bbf it really should not make a difference. Performance enthusiast is just that if you don't like ford that's ok. I help all kinds of people with gm engines and its kind of fun. It's to bad that you have a twisted vision of things. I bet you live on a cotton farm way down south to.

franky
07-25-2004, 08:55 AM
WOW, lighten up man. Take a pill. You sound like you have a guilt complex defending the blue oval thing and all.
I guess I should not say I like the color blue better than red or don't really like the Dodgers or Kerry is an idiot.
I would be happy to scan in some photos and send them to you. But first you need to type in three times.."I wish I had a Chevy"

cook1
07-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Ok I took a pill and they doctor says that I should make it. And my Ford has some chevy parts in it rocker arms, valves. Any pictures that you can post would be appreciated.:) :)