PDA

View Full Version : Leather Cleaner/treatment

SUPERCREWJOHN
07-12-2004, 03:00 PM
Can anyone recommend a leather cleaner or treatment for the interior of your vehicle? I had someone put a big dirt streak on the back seat of my truck, and have been able to get it out..
Before I send it to an auto detailer, I thought I might try to get it out myself..

Jrocket
07-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Try Meguiars #39 or #40..Cant remember which one.Detail supply shop will have it.#39 is a cleaner and #40 is the conditioner/cleaner.....I think.I use it on both of my cars with leather.

One Particular Harbor
07-13-2004, 07:28 PM
I have used Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner very successfully in our Yukon. We have three kids and, on a regular basis, they really seem to leave a layer of grime on the leather seats in our truck. I am always amazed at the amount of dirt that comes up off of the seats and it leaves them looking new again.

Lightning
07-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by One Particular Harbor
I have used Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner very successfully in our Yukon. We have three kids and, on a regular basis, they really seem to leave a layer of grime on the leather seats in our truck. I am always amazed at the amount of dirt that comes up off of the seats and it leaves them looking new again.
Lexol by far is one of the best, I have used that stuff for over 10 years on my cars and trucks. The cleaner is awesome and not too harsh and the conditioner leaves the interior buttery soft. A tip on the conditioner, spray it on, and them massage it into the seats with your hands, let it set for about 5 minutes (as you do the rest of the truck) and then wipe up.

Essex502
07-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Lexol only on the interior of our Bimmer. However, I do have a stain it won't take off...I'll need to get the seat re-dyed. Ouch!

RiverDave
07-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Eagle 1 Spray cleaner kicks ass, followed up with the Eagle 1 conditioner. You rub the conditioner on the seats almost like hand lotion and then wipe off access.. Stuff kicks ass!! :) :D
Makes your leather.... "supple" :D
RD

riverbound
07-14-2004, 12:01 PM
I have always used lexol.

little rowe boat
07-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Try ZEP vinyl cleaner,I use it on the tough spots and it works really well.

v-drive
07-15-2004, 08:48 AM
The guy that did my boats interior said to only use a light soapy liquid to clean my upholstery but I have to say while I like the work he did I wouldn't recommend or use him again. Saying that does the comment about the cleaner sound right? v-drive

SUPERCREWJOHN
07-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by riverbound
I have always used lexol.
Where do you get Lexol?
JB

rivercrazy
07-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Most Pep Boys carry Lexol. I've bought it there a number of times. :D