PDA

View Full Version : A sad story...

Krazy K
07-12-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm on here and have been reading about you people that go out to Elsinore and that area. I'm not trying to gain sympathy here, I just want for you to think when you are driving across (74) Ortega Highway.
May 9, 2003
My friend, Rob Strickland of Dana Point, CA was driving with his wife and unborn child out to Elsinore/Temecula area to put money down on a house. Somewhere east of Caspers Park, a car drifted into their lane and hit them head-on. Rob died while being airlifted to Mission Hosp. in Mission Viejo. His wife was airlifted also and delivered the baby by C-section at the hospital. The baby died 5 days later. His wife was out for a couple days.
Rob was one of the nicest guys anybody could have known. He'd give a guy on the street the shirt off his back. He always had a way of making you laugh, no matter how down you were. Just a genuine, honest good guy!
Be careful driving out there!!

Kilrtoy
07-12-2004, 03:28 PM
That is a horrible story, makes you realize your problems are not that bad after all.
That is a very bad highway

Garrddogg
07-12-2004, 03:29 PM
dude I'm sorry for your loss
:frown:

Garrddogg
07-12-2004, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kilrtoy
[B]That is a horrible story, makes you realize your problems are not that bad after all.
No kiddin!

HM
07-12-2004, 03:32 PM
I am sorry to hear that, they will be in our family's prayers.
I drive that highway a LOT. Lots of bad drivers - many of which are from Elsinore/Perris. I had a big gravel truck drift into my lane a couple of weeks ago and luckily there was a place for me in the dirt!:eek:

DryHeatOnly
07-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. There have been so many other tragedies on that road, if only everyone would follow your advice to drive carefully...
:(

Kachina26
07-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Amazing how our lives can change in a moment, permanently. My heart and prayers go out to all those touched by this tragedy:(