PDA

View Full Version : Cali Realtors

Boozer
07-12-2004, 07:03 PM
How'd you get your license?
I have been thinking about trying to go through some sort of program to get my license. There's a lot of money in the market right now so why shouldn't I get to have some too?
I know centruy21 and those guys have programs to help people get started but they all want contracts and junk like that expecting you to be a broker full time. I just want to get licensed and do it on the weekends and evenings to see if it's something I actually like doing and would want to do full time.
So where do I get started and how much money should I expect to fork over. I figure as long as I get away with 20K or less to get started then I'll take the gamble on the 20k and go for it.

Havasu Hangin'
07-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Can't beat online courses (where you administer your own tests) and they guarantee you'll pass.
http://www.retrainers.com/

Moe_Havi
07-12-2004, 07:07 PM
20k to get licensed? Try $200.
Moe

lovemyultra
07-12-2004, 07:16 PM
You can do way better than 20k my wife got started for less than 3000 which included a few suits ,school and all the other crap you need ,go for it it, has been well worth it, plenty of money if you chase it down ,it doesnt fall in your lap .I guess you get out of it what you put into it
GOOD LUCK

Mandelon
07-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Just whip out a phone book in any major city and go to the classes. I think you only need a few units to qualify now. It used to be none.....just pass the test and take ethics within 18 months.
Now I think its a little tougher. The broker's license takes actual classes, a degree or a number of years experience.
It still easy to get.
If you can last the first couple of years then its gets easier.

BIGTYME
07-12-2004, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't expect a ton of profit the first 2 years. you should be putting most of your money back in your business!
If you work HARD, selling one home a month in so cal can make you 80k+++++, with a ton of write offs!
Good Luck, it has been good to me! Been licensed since 18, got 5 in escrow this month! not bad for being 21.

bigq
07-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by BIGTYME
I wouldn't expect a ton of profit the first 2 years. you should be putting most of your money back in your business!
If you work HARD, selling one home a month in so cal can make you 80k+++++, with a ton of write offs!
Good Luck, it has been good to me! Been licensed since 18, got 5 in escrow this month! not bad for being 21.
Selling doesn't seem to be a problem in So Cal, the last two i have sold have been a joke as far a effort, i guess it evens out though in the tougher times. ;) Seems like the hardest part is persuading someone to do business with you.

welk2party
07-13-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Boozer
How'd you get your license?
I have been thinking about trying to go through some sort of program to get my license. There's a lot of money in the market right now so why shouldn't I get to have some too?
I know centruy21 and those guys have programs to help people get started but they all want contracts and junk like that expecting you to be a broker full time. I just want to get licensed and do it on the weekends and evenings to see if it's something I actually like doing and would want to do full time.
So where do I get started and how much money should I expect to fork over. I figure as long as I get away with 20K or less to get started then I'll take the gamble on the 20k and go for it.
I can hook you up on some of the education reqs. so you can take the test.

LOANER
07-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Americanschoolsonline.com a couple hundred in classes and $70 or $75 for the DRE exam as I recall. No where near the proposed 20k cost of entry. Good Luck!:D