PDA

View Full Version : News Flash...... Al Jazeera Not Biased But Fox Is...

Dr. Eagle
07-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Barrrrrrother... Where TF does this crap come from...:rolleyes:
From the Al-Jazeera Web Site:
Al-Jazeera TV
Aljazeera is the largest and most controversial Arabic News Channel in the Middle East offering news coverage 24 hours a day from around the world with focus on the hottest regions of conflict.
Programming also includes a wide selection of high-pitch political talk shows and documentaries and emotional debates and sensational arguments covering events of the moment.
Founded in 1996, and based in Qatar, the Al Jazeera news network is the fastest growing network among Arab communities and Arabic speaking people around the world. With programming focusing primarily on news coverage and analysis, the station has earned the loyalty of a large audience and the enmity of various critics who argue that Aljazeera is overly sensational with a bent on showing bloody footage from various war zones as well as giving disproportionate coverage to various fundamentalist and extremist groups. Criticism from various government has helped the channel increase its credibility with an audience that is used to sensorship and biased coverage from official government outlets. Al jazeera is not likely to critisize its own benifactor, the emir of Qatar and the government of Qatar.

Dr. Eagle
07-12-2004, 08:15 PM
http://www.iowapresidentialwatch.com/images/cartoons/MMClubLg.JPG
ALERT: Michael Moore HATES people like you and me.
Now, as our friends at PABAAH.com have been telling the world, he has a new "documentary" that proves it again.
Titled "Fahrenheit 911," it's nothing more than a political assassination piece aimed at attacking and discrediting President George W. Bush. The film is reportedly full of forced attempts to depict an illicit relationship between the Bush and Bin Laden families, as well as insisting that the President *welcomed* the horrific events of Sept. 11, 2001, to enable a power grab.
Extremely anti-American in his views, Michael Moore is a proven opponent of the war on terrorism. He already has unjustly attacked and unfairly condemned the Bush Administration and its efforts to protect our country. He is dedicated to bringing down the Bush Presidency, as evidenced by his scathing Oscar night attack. And his previous films, such as "Bowling for Columbine," reveal just how seething Moore's hatred is for the basic patriotic American values that you and I hold dear.
Making this latest film all the more dangerous is Moore's well-documented fondness for not just misrepresenting the truth but presenting lies as facts in his so-called documentaries. "Fahrenheit 911" promises to be offensive and profane... which makes it all the more stunning that initially, Disney and Icon Productions were backing this film. Initial outrage forced both of them to terminate their association; however, Miramax chose to provide bridge financing

Kilrtoy
07-12-2004, 08:17 PM
That is an awesome pic

Dr. Eagle
07-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
That is an awesome pic
I kinda liked it...:D

LASERRAY
07-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Who's Michael Moore?:confused: (((((((:D)))))))

Debbolas
07-12-2004, 08:19 PM
That is a funny pic! LOL:D

Lake Pirate
07-12-2004, 08:22 PM
So... you think showing the realities of this war (including beheadings) is bias?

Debbolas
07-12-2004, 08:24 PM
no.......taking only certain militant groups tapes and broadcasting them is...........When is the last time they broadcasted anything from Greenpeace? or the Young Republicans............:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
07-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
So... you think showing the realities of this war (including beheadings) is bias?
Depends entirely on how it is presented Mr. Pirate...

Lake Pirate
07-12-2004, 08:32 PM
My understanding is that they show all press releases from our military unedited. I'd say your argument doesn't hold water. Their bias (or agenda) is well hidden. They aren't foolish enough to become discredited so easily. We should take them very serious.

Dr. Eagle
07-12-2004, 08:33 PM
. We should take them very serious.
You go right ahead inbetween throwing darts at GW's picture...:rolleyes:

Debbolas
07-12-2004, 08:36 PM
My understanding is that they show all press releases from our military unedited. I'd say your argument doesn't hold water. Their bias (or agenda) is well hidden. They aren't foolish enough to become discredited so easily. We should take them very serious.
my argument, DUDE, it was a post, my opinion, please go back to your debate forum and leave us in peace...........:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
07-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
my argument, DUDE, it was a post, my opinion, please go back to your debate forum and leave us in peace...........:rolleyes:
What she said......

Lake Pirate
07-12-2004, 08:39 PM
That made sense?

Dr. Eagle
07-12-2004, 08:40 PM
That made sense?
This makes thread #3 that says GO AWAY......

Debbolas
07-12-2004, 08:41 PM
That made sense?
See, you really shouldn't post until you can grasp the English language, yes that made sense.....go away, go far away.....

mike37
07-12-2004, 08:43 PM
how do you know they are unedited is it becous they say so
you are a tool go home

Lake Pirate
07-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Do you guys ever read anything besides your back slappin' good 'ol boy diatribe? AJ is a respected news source now. We left the door open. They walked in. Now our news is propoganda (in world opinion) and they are s'pose to be a reliable source. Get out and read something besides the Drudge Report. Ignorance is not bliss...it's ignorance.
America needs to remain credible not only as a news service, but as a newsmaker. Arrogance about it only gives the media more credence as propogandists and causes us to lose our place as a trusted democracy. But... if you insist on maintaining your "box of rocks" attitude about world events, I can only hope to inspire you to think. Even if you disagree.

Spotondl
07-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Funny that Disney had to stand down in promoting this film. Ahhh, but perhaps they didn't stand down as much as meets the eye...
Turns out that Miramax is owned by Disney. Miramax, like Touchstone, are the companies that Disney uses to fund and distribute movies when they don't want to sully the fine white gloves of the MOUSE.... LOL
Excerpted from that right wing facist, OMG, Bill O'reilly's talking points of yesterday.... Spin or simple, basic facts, you decide....
"Increasingly, the bully America is being portrayed as the devil. And the far left in this country is gleefully piling on. Guys like Michael Moore [are] running around the world telling everybody what a bad place America is. Moore and his enablers should be very proud of themselves
For the benefit of the Canadian kids, let's take a look at the record:
•The foreign and defense policies of Ronald Reagan (search) resulted in the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the freeing of approximately 122 million people in Eastern Europe.
• The state of Israel would cease to exist if not for American protection, and about 5.5 million Jews would be in grave danger.
• Nearly 23 million Taiwanese would be denied freedom if not for American protection. More than 48 million South Koreans would be living under a dictatorship if not for American protection. USA action led to the removal of the Serbian dictator Milosevic (search), who was responsible for the murders of hundreds of thousands of people in the Balkans.
• The USA and Britain removed the Iraqi dictator Hussein, who was responsible for the murders of hundreds of thousands of people in the Middle East. And we have also removed the terrorist Taliban government in Afghanistan.
• America is sending $15 billion to Africa to help victims of AIDS. We were unable to find out how much France contributes, if anything. To be fair, Canada sends $270 million, which is substantial.
• American action in Central America, Grenada (search), and Haiti (search) has kept millions of people out of totalitarian regimes. Of course, all of this has cost every American taxpayer big. And thousands of American servicepeople have lost their lives protecting people overseas.
It is insulting and dishonest for Americans and Canadians and Europeans to condemn this country because they don't like certain policies. Dissent is good. Slander is unacceptable.
The truth is that the USA has freed more human beings in 230 years than the rest of the world combined. France has freed almost no one. Ditto Canada.
So, pardon me as I object to the Michael Moores of the world — and that man is too cowardly to come in here, all right? Pardon me as I object to the anti-American foreign press and bums like Chirac in France and Chretien in Canada.
America has a provable history of freeing oppressed people all over the world in fighting evil dictators. Canada should be ashamed that so many of its young people are flat out ignorant. And Americans should wise up and realize we are living in a changing world. Old friends are not necessarily true friends.
And that's "The Memo."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,125165,00.html

Debbolas
07-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Do you guys ever read anything besides your back slappin' good 'ol boy diatribe? AJ is a respected news source now. We left the door open. They walked in. Now our news is propoganda (in world opinion) and they are s'pose to be a reliable source. Get out and read something besides the Drudge Report. Ignorance is not bliss...it's ignorance.
America needs to remain credible not only as a news service, but as a newsmaker. Arrogance about it only gives the media more credence as propogandists and causes us to lose our place as a trusted democracy. But... if you insist on maintaining your "box of rocks" attitude about world events, I can only hope to inspire you to think. Even if you disagree.
Ok, can you post something different?
We read this BS already..............(yawn):rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
07-12-2004, 09:10 PM
The only arrogant fool on this thread posted the rhetoric above. You just need to go. We used to have fun here, until your little unhappy ass showed up.

Lake Pirate
07-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Ummm... this is Dr Eagle's thread Einstein. I wasn't trying to create a partisan debate. Y'all did that. Y'all always do that. I have been discussing the media and it's de facto loss of world respect.

Dr. Eagle
07-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Ummm... this is Dr Eagle's thread Einstein. I wasn't trying to create a partisan debate. Y'all did that. Y'all always do that. I have been discussing the media and it's de facto loss of world respect.
And I posted it to balance your BS........

Debbolas
07-12-2004, 09:16 PM
So.................it's our fault! OK, Dr. Eagle STOP posting partisan debates about the media, ya Rat Bastard! LOL:D
(pirate, really, go back to your high school debate forum!)

JustMVG
07-12-2004, 09:40 PM
LP See if you can find the air tapes of when the beheadings were shown, and i remind you that they were shown UNEDITED and in their ENTIRETY, No wonder young men there are looking up to a Bin-Laden, if you read the book on the Bush Saud Family Connection which for some unknown reason has suddenly appeared, that the Bin Laden Family disowned Osama/Usama ? years before the bombings of the embassies, O/UBL's funding of the warlords in Somalia, guess you didn't know about that, anyway get the air tapes and get an arabic translation of those tapes and truly sit and listen to the "Unbiased" Voice overs after the original airings, you see much of AJ is not seen live, yes there are many "Dishes" in the M E but not all of them are able to have power to them, meaning the power isn't on in some of the towns and villiages and they get the Vo'd version which trust me is not what you think it is , more like a training film and recruiting for more "soldiers of Allah". LP please try to know that everytime you've sarted a thread all you are doing is stirring a pot thats been stirred so much that before you start to cook read up on the ingredients, you might not get what you want at the end.

JustMVG
07-12-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry to my fellow HB'ers for going off on a couple of rants, i saw that 911 video from another thread and i am sickened that even after seeing something like that someone, posting what i know to be untruthful and in my eyes unpatriotic i get a lil Po'ed.
Mike Van Gompel

Lake Pirate
07-12-2004, 09:52 PM
I know of all the things you mention M&M. Beheadings and Osama tapes are nasty business. However, in the mid-east they are reality and part of who and what these people are about. I never said I was an Al Jazeera lover. I said their rhetoric was considered less biased in the world arena than american news. That's a fact. Not a good one (by any means) but, a real one. America needs to wake up. Our arrogance about ourselves is alienating the world. When a muslim anti american news channel can garner more world wide respect than the american media it's time we took a look at how we are presenting ourselves.

JustMVG
07-12-2004, 09:59 PM
LP, i can honestly say that i have been to many countries and states around the world, some legally and some not, and i can say that i saw no reason for me to believe that that we as Americans, individuals, are arrogant, but that the medias of the world make us to seem that way, just as some kids in school have a belief in themselves some would think them to be arrogant, i was never treated with disdain in any of the places i have been, and some of them have had every right to be pissed at the US. We hold our heads up high, believe in what we are as a nation and percevere no matter what, if that is arrogance than so be it.

Lake Pirate
07-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Seems like you are talking about patriotism and I am talking about media perception. That's two totally different things. I'm all for America, that is why I hate to see us lose momentum in the world of journalism. We've gone from Thomas Paine to The Washington post of the Seventies, and now...every paper and every channel has an obvious political agenda. The definitive word here is "obvious" and not political or agenda.

Dr. Eagle
07-13-2004, 05:58 AM
Bump it upppppp.