PDA

View Full Version : Wife trippin'

NashvilleBound
04-06-2006, 07:36 AM
So the last few weeks my wife has been on this trip about me seeing someone or doing something i am not supposed to be doing. I am just needing a little time to myself with so much going on my world. I have in-laws and their child living here....my kids are 12 and 14yo pains right now. But dont get me wrong...love them all....just wondering if anyone else has this issue. Or if I just need to take my Generals stance and tell my trophy Private wife to fricken CHILL!!! BUT...let me just throw this out there.....if someone wants to take over payments I will talk terms;)(just kiddin)

ANXIETY ATTACK
04-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Hu, that sounds familure

Jon Force
04-06-2006, 07:45 AM
could u post pics.How much a month?Are the in laws included. :rollside:

lucky
04-06-2006, 07:45 AM
just invite your family to live with you for a month or two , she'll get the picture

superdave013
04-06-2006, 07:47 AM
I have in-laws and their child living here....
I bet that's adding a strain to things around the house. Might try to get it back to just YOUR family. Hang in there.

IMPATIENT 1
04-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Been Married 10yrs And It Still Happens To Me Too!its Like I'm Not Supposed To Find Enjoyment In Anything Unless She's Somehow Involved.i Understand Wanting Some "me Time".i've Got Twin 6yr.old Boys(and 10yr Old Princess) And They're Great Kids But Some Times Its All To Much And I Need A Getaway Day!i Allow Her Alot Of Me Time But She Wants To Go With On My Days.how Do You Tell A Wife That Me Time Is Also Time Off From Her And Be Nice About It?

NashvilleBound
04-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Been Married 10yrs And It Still Happens To Me Too!its Like I'm Not Supposed To Find Enjoyment In Anything Unless She's Somehow Involved.i Understand Wanting Some "me Time".i've Got Twin 6yr.old Boys(and 10yr Old Princess) And They're Great Kids But Some Times Its All To Much And I Need A Getaway Day!i Allow Her Alot Of Me Time But She Wants To Go With On My Days.how Do You Tell A Wife That Me Time Is Also Time Off From Her And Be Nice About It?
You dont. lol...Trust me it does not go over well. I have a trip to TX next week.. TOTALLY professional...business wise....I booked one extra day for me to just chill. And she had the nerve to ask someone if I met someone online and am meeting her there. LIKE I AM LOOKING FOR MORE DRAMA?? HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! geeez. But i can say one thing.... STOP Capitolizing All Your Different Words....It's Really Tripping Me Out;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Outnumbered
04-06-2006, 07:56 AM
You gotta ditch the live-ins. That is the problem right there. I don't care if its my fam or hers. We both agree that they can stay no longer than 5 days at a time. Any longer than that and it just causes problems.
As far as get away time, I ride my dirt bike. She has no interest and its great stress relief. I try to go every Sunday with my bros. I always feel better after a day of twistin' the throttle and talkin' guy talk.
BTW, been married 15 years :wink:

lucky
funny my wife is the oppisite , which bugs me --
doesn't enjoy the daycruiser - wants a cookie cutter
not into visiting with friends - would rather shop with her daughter
she's kinda of a kill joy at times :(
I found that if you want time to your self -- go to the shop and weld !

IMPATIENT 1
You dont. lol...Trust me it does not go over well. I have a trip to TX next week.. TOTALLY professional...business wise....I booked one extra day for me to just chill. And she had the nerve to ask someone if I met someone online and am meeting her there. LIKE I AM LOOKING FOR MORE DRAMA?? HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! geeez. But i can say one thing.... STOP Capitolizing All Your Different Words....It's Really Tripping Me Out;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
LOL, I'M NOT CAPITOLIZING.HOT BOAT IS DOIN THAT,I'M A SOUTHERNER.WE DON'T USE THE SHIFT BUTTON.

Outnumbered
04-06-2006, 07:57 AM
.... STOP Capitolizing All Your Different Words....It's Really Tripping Me Out;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
LMAO! I didn't notice until you pointed it out. He likes that shift key.

phebus
04-06-2006, 07:58 AM
My wife is always asking me "Don't you have something to do?"
So, I get in the truck, and head to Havasu. That pisses her off :argue:

NashvilleBound
04-06-2006, 07:58 AM
LOL, I'M NOT CAPITOLIZING.HOT BOAT IS DOIN THAT,I'M A SOUTHERNER.WE DON'T USE THE SHIFT BUTTON.
LMAO....Just giving you some greif....
The inlaws have only lived with us 6 months.........whats wrong with that?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Issues started....lets see....about 6 months ago...I just dont see the connection;)

Jbb
04-06-2006, 08:07 AM
What tipped you off....The van from the TV show...cheaters ...following you around? :p

Freak
04-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Mine is the same. I did not know I was supposed to be her personal 24/7-entertainment committee. :220v: I'm not doing anything wrong. The last thing I have energy for is another woman. We have gone to counseling. Even the doc is saying " cut him some slack". If you find a fix let us know.

HM
04-06-2006, 08:14 AM
You are forgetting Rule #6.
BTW - the software on ***boat will sometimes take an all capitalized post - especially if it is the 2nd post with caps from the same user on the same thread, and make only the first letter of each word a capital...or is it capitol?

Phat Matt
04-06-2006, 08:17 AM
Tell her if she is going to accuse you of it, you might as well do it. Then see what she says.

uclahater
04-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Its all in how you train them at the start :idea:
When I first got married 17 years ago I started out trying to be the best husband by doing everything she wanted :yuk: A buudy of mine at work pulled me aside, and gave me some advise. He said for the next 3 months do everything you want, and just tell her what your doing dont ask. She'll bitch, and moan, but after time she'll get used to it, and leave you alone. So I followed this advise, and 6 kids, and 17 years later I just let her know what IM doing, and I get "0" grief cause she knows IM going to do it anyway.
It works both ways though she just lets me know what shes doin, and IM cool with it. I dont believe either spouse should have to ask permission to do something they love or for free time.
The key to this working out for me has been a "Date Night" :cool: Every friday night her and I go out. Gets here away from the kids, and gives us quality time together. :crossx:

lucky
04-06-2006, 08:22 AM
When I first got married 17 years ago I started out trying to be the best husband by doing everything she wanted :yuk: A buudy of mine at work pulled me aside, and gave me some advise. He said for the next 3 months do everything you want, and just tell her what your doing dont ask. She'll bitch, and moan, but after time she'll get used to it, and leave you alone. So I followed this advise, and 6 kids, and 17 years later I just let her know what IM doing, and I get "0" grief cause she knows IM going to do it anyway.
It works both ways though she just lets me know what shes doin, and IM cool with it. I dont believe either spouse should have to ask permission to do something they love or for free time.
The key to this working out for me has been a "Date Night" :cool: Every friday night her and I go out. Gets here away from the kids, and gives us quality time together. :crossx:
next time wear a condom on "date night" lmao

uclahater
04-06-2006, 08:24 AM
next time wear a condom on "date night" lmao
LMFAO :mad: :mad:

Cas
04-06-2006, 08:28 AM
All I can suggest is to sit down and tell her about the way you're feeling but in a way that you're not pointing the blame at anyone but yourself. The other way we communicate sometimes is to send an email. A lot of times it works better because you can put more thought into the wording which eliminates the chance of saying something wrong....not that us men ever do that :D
Just make a fair deal with your wife like I did. She gets 2 fun filled 4 day weekends with the girls, usually at Tahoe, per year and I get a day of fishing with my kids. j/k :rollside:

SummitKarl
04-06-2006, 08:34 AM
So the last few weeks my wife has been on this trip about me seeing someone or doing something i am not supposed to be doing. I am just needing a little time to myself with so much going on my world. I have in-laws and their child living here....my kids are 12 and 14yo pains right now. But dont get me wrong...love them all....just wondering if anyone else has this issue. Or if I just need to take my Generals stance and tell my trophy Private wife to fricken CHILL!!! BUT...let me just throw this out there.....if someone wants to take over payments I will talk terms;)(just kiddin)
got your cure bud,
HAVASU BOYS TRIP!!!!
I can round up all the old North County peeps and you know how we cure what troubles someone :wink:
America West, will fly you right to Havi :)

boatchick
04-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Hu, that sounds familure
This is BOATCHICK

4real
04-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Sounds like you should be happy that you have a wife who wants to be with you. Could be worse!

Tremor Therapy
04-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Man...I feel your pain. The wife went on a 5 day trip with her mom, and came home to find the house clean, laundry done, kids went to school every day and did their homework, and she got on a rant on how it seems we don't need her anymore....WTF?
I have been accused of being a loner from time to time, and it is just my need to chill, and let my brain relax.....and every time I do, my wife wants to know "her name!" Take the General's stance and tell her to chill! Thats what I have to do, and although it takes a day, everything gets back to normal.

Outnumbered
04-06-2006, 08:44 AM
I'd have to agree with this. We have a similar arrangement. As long as you are respectful and you don't get out of hand it works well. My wife even laughs at some of my PW buds who always have to ask permission.

kanedog
04-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Sounds like you should be happy that you have a wife who wants to be with you. Could be worse!
1st post, hmmmm, this could be the lurking, checking email, jealous, stalking wife. It could get very domestic dispute like in here. Excellent!

Jbb
04-06-2006, 08:50 AM
1st post, hmmmm, this could be the lurking, checking email, jealous, stalking wife. It could get very domestic dispute like in here. Excellent!
lol....yeah..Welcome to Hot Boat Mrs NB... :p

4real
04-06-2006, 08:56 AM
No Kanedog I got my own probs.

ratso
04-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Ratso is needed in here to give out advice for you. He can clear this all up :)
LOL... I'll follow this one awhile. Get rid of the in-laws though... for sure, or there is no chance of things getting better... otherwise, down the road, it's gonna be too late. In a lot of instances like this, by the time the guy figures out there is a problem, his girl has done checked out... emotionally. I have also seen alot, and by no means all cases, usually the one that starts accusing is already guilty of something... or fixing to be...

ratso
04-06-2006, 09:41 AM
No Kanedog I got my own probs.
You come to the right place... trust me...

RiverOtter
04-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Do you want some cheese with all that whine :rolleyes:
:D

Mandelon
04-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Buy here that Dr Laura book, "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands"

Her454
04-06-2006, 10:11 AM
LOL... I'll follow this one awhile. Get rid of the in-laws though... for sure, or there is no chance of things getting better... otherwise, down the road, it's gonna be too late. In a lot of instances like this, by the time the guy figures out there is a problem, his girl has done checked out... emotionally. I have also seen alot, and by no means all cases, usually the one that starts accusing is already guilty of something... or fixing to be...
I would have to agree with this 100%. In-laws need to go - OR work out some sort of privacy time for you and your wife before its too late. The stress of them there could be getting to her also and she is reacting with insecurity.
I think everyone needs their own space at times and that should be respected regardless if its husband OR wife. Sounds like some trust issues too for whatever reason, but without trust, you dont get freedom - emotional or otherwise. Without freedom you get resentment. After that..... well, let Ratso tell you. :)

Cole Trickle
04-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Easy solution In-Laws have to go......
Visiting = 1 week
Residing = Anything longer
A marriage won't work if there is more than one family living under the same roof.

canuck1
04-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Take the inlaws with you next time you hook up with the Otter...and leave them there

NashvilleBound
04-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Just to be clear I m NOT doing anything wrong...... no cheaters vans or anything...thats focking funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
RO: Funny slim....all I can say is you better be here this weekend jr!
Kanedog....exactly what i was thinking......
4real.....I agree....could b worse...seen it several times!
I thought there would be a few more creative ones here tho......

ScapeGoat
04-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Had a live in girlfriend that did the same thing to me. She always accused me of being untrue. Well later on I did some research and Put a gps in her car and called in a couple favors and what do you know it was her having same new guy on the side. I have learned that the accusers are usually the offenders
Been leykis listener every since.

kanedog
04-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Are any of the in-laws hot?

lucky
04-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Eat Beans And Fart , Gaureeeeeentttteddddddddd Alone Time !

phebus
04-06-2006, 01:18 PM
What do ya think this is, the Jerry Springer Show? :)

Her454
04-06-2006, 01:19 PM
What do ya think this is, the Jerry Springer Show? :)
Yes, the ***boat version. :rolleyes:

phebus
04-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Yes, the ***boat version. :rolleyes:
Same thing, there's just no one to break up the fights :)

whiteworks
04-06-2006, 01:29 PM
It sounds like the inlaws have to go you might want to try the naked route, you know when you get up in the morning dont put on any clothes and just go about your affairs as if everything is cool the occasional nut scratch wont hurt. if this does not run them off then its your own fault for setting them up to well.

NashvilleBound
04-07-2006, 03:49 AM
It sounds like the inlaws have to go you might want to try the naked route, you know when you get up in the morning dont put on any clothes and just go about your affairs as if everything is cool the occasional nut scratch wont hurt. if this does not run them off then its your own fault for setting them up to well.
Now THERES an idea I can work with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

v-drive
04-07-2006, 04:13 AM
Completely normal my friend. Oh the stories I could tell. I don't know why the inlaws have been with you for so long but I agree with everyone else, it is time for them to go. My inlaws are the two best people I could ever ask to have but 5 maybe 7 days is enough. :) v-drive

mike37
04-07-2006, 05:23 AM
Jeff you're F ucked there is no right answer for you on this one
how long has this been going on

BILLY.B
04-07-2006, 05:40 AM
funny my wife is the oppisite , which bugs me --
doesn't enjoy the daycruiser - wants a cookie cutter
not into visiting with friends - would rather shop with her daughter
she's kinda of a kill joy at times :(
I found that if you want time to your self -- go to the shop and weld ! Look who she's married too!!.

ROZ
04-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Jeff you're F ucked there is no right answer for you on this one
how long has this been going on
You get right to the point, don't you :D
When you guys moved there did she expect you to live a much lazier (for lack of a better word) life spending a lot more time at home with the family, or did she expect you to become a busier realestate developer?
Hope everything works out for the best :)

WYRD
04-07-2006, 07:57 AM
LMAO :p

Wmc
04-07-2006, 08:17 AM
From a wife's point of view.
Maybe she needs me time too!!! Why don't you plan a weekend get-away with her, have the inlaw's watch your kids and when you get back you and your wife have agreed that the in-laws must move out for the sake of your marriage, thank them for watching the kids and move forward. Sorry to say this but anytime you live with inlaws things go wrong. Good luck. Mrs. Wmc.

NashvilleBound
04-07-2006, 10:29 AM
From a wife's point of view.
Maybe she needs me time too!!! Why don't you plan a weekend get-away with her, have the inlaw's watch your kids and when you get back you and your wife have agreed that the in-laws must move out for the sake of your marriage, thank them for watching the kids and move forward. Sorry to say this but anytime you live with inlaws things go wrong. Good luck. Mrs. Wmc.
I did....a few weeks ago I took her to Rosemary Beach in FL.....all inclusive her and I. Top of the line everything TOGETHER....I mean come on........

RiverOtter
04-07-2006, 10:50 AM
I did....a few weeks ago I took her to Rosemary Beach in FL.....all inclusive her and I. Top of the line everything TOGETHER....I mean come on........
Still waiting on a pic of the new place and it would be nice if the uber hot Fluffy was in the pic :D

mbrown2
04-07-2006, 11:00 AM
usually the one that starts accusing is already guilty of something... or fixing to be...
Although, I hope not true...this was my thinking exactly...
BTW...been married 12 years to my highschool sweetheart....and she likes to be included in everything which I don't have a problem with......She does not include herself in everything and allows me to spend time with the boys, but she wants to be included, thought of......that at least shows her I care and don't take her for granted...she is smart enough to let me go alone and it allows her time to do her own thing....it is mainly the thought that counts....and river trips...no boyz trips for me....she likes the place as much or more then I do and I don't act any different with her then without her....and she don't mind if I bring all my boys along....
Also, get rid of the in-laws...it will be your downfall....a house should for the immediate family not extended..

lucky
04-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Look who she's married too!!.
lmao -- ya got me there !!! :crossx:

Wmc
04-07-2006, 12:52 PM
That was very nice. All I can say is you did the right thing and your wife has issues. Get rid of the inlaws, its making things worse, I'm sure.

NashvilleBound
04-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Still waiting on a pic of the new place and it would be nice if the uber hot Fluffy was in the pic :D
No pics of outside. Fluffy wanted to set the camera on strobe and go for action shots. Sooooooooooooo......... no pics here. Sorry to hear your going to miss the party this weekend tho.......but I understand me being on B list and all.

KACHINA KEN
04-07-2006, 01:07 PM
The garage can be made into a fortress of solitude. beer is good too :220v:

RiverOtter
04-07-2006, 01:59 PM
No pics of outside. Fluffy wanted to set the camera on strobe and go for action shots. Sooooooooooooo......... no pics here. Sorry to hear your going to miss the party this weekend tho.......but I understand me being on B list and all.
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/whatever.gif
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/toothless.gif

dbleD's69
04-07-2006, 03:03 PM
You are so right on that!!
undefinedIts all in how you train them at the start :idea:

dbleD's69
04-07-2006, 03:14 PM
He is Ugly fat BOY that would not know what to do with a woman even if he could get one!!!
Had a live in girlfriend that did the same thing to me. She always accused me of being untrue. Well later on I did some research and Put a gps in her car and called in a couple favors and what do you know it was her having same new guy on the side. I have learned that the accusers are usually the offenders
Been leykis listener every since.

mike37
04-07-2006, 05:03 PM
You get right to the point, don't you :D
When you guys moved there did she expect you to live a much lazier (for lack of a better word) life spending a lot more time at home with the family, or did she expect you to become a busier realestate developer?
Hope everything works out for the best :)
ya I was in a rush this morning
but all I know is Jeff has always referred to his wife as the most important person in his life along with his kids
so if she is stressing right now he is man enough to stand by here and do whatever he needs to to make here happy and she will see that she has nothing to worry about
but he is a guy so it will take him a little time to understand what he needs to do

beyondhelpin
04-07-2006, 05:18 PM
No ifs ands or buts..........The inlaws have gotta go.
Next time you come home and the wife is giving you grief, demanding to know who I have been f&cking. Just unzip your pants, pull out your little buddy and ask her if she would like to have a wiff. Came home at 4:00 in the morning and way to drunk to listen to a rash of shit. Having that moment of clarity, she just looked at me funny then she quit bitching and we went to bed. That was the last time we had that problem.
I love my wife and do not cheat. This method only works if you have been a good boy!

NashvilleBound
04-07-2006, 05:44 PM
ya I was in a rush this morning
but all I know is Jeff has always referred to his wife as the most important person in his life along with his kids
so if she is stressing right now he is man enough to stand by here and do whatever he needs to to make here happy and she will see that she has nothing to worry about
but he is a guy so it will take him a little time to understand what he needs to do
Thanks Brother for the kind words. I WILL do whatever it takes to make her feel comfortable again. We did talk today and agree 99% of it is the inlaws. I am sure all will be fine soon. thx again.

probablecause
04-07-2006, 06:54 PM
My wife said she had a twin sister at birth but they were separated... I think I found her.

dexman38
04-07-2006, 09:02 PM
In laws are like fish , they go bad after three days. lose the in laws andd everything will go back to the way it was. :rollside: