PDA

View Full Version : Say a PRAYER !!!!

BILLY.B
07-13-2004, 05:26 AM
Sorry to report that a fellow v- driver and a really good friend Anita Moran ( Barney & Anita Moran own the Cougar Cat with the Hemi in it that can be seen in the river rats tape) sufferd a brain anurysum and is in extremely serious condition. She was helicoptered to San Francisco and was operated on yesterday morning and as of 7:00 pm she was still under the knife. They had discovered that she had 3 anurysum's and the procedure to correct all 3 was going to be very tough. Barney as you can imagine is very upset along with being tired as this all started on Saturday. If I hear anything i'll post the info later today. Keep Anita in your prayer's....Thanks.

dmontzsta
07-13-2004, 05:42 AM
Me and my family will definately keep them in our prayers. I remember seeing them on the video and in the background cruising in a number of other videos, it seems they were always around. They remind me of my parents. God Bless and lets pray for a speedy recovery. :frown:

Wildboats
07-13-2004, 07:12 AM
Very sorry to hear the news. Both Anita and Barney will be in our prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. Hope to see them back playing in the water soon.

Dragboat Dad
07-13-2004, 07:30 AM
All of us here are very sad to hear Anita's health is in jeopardy. Barney and Anita are great people and we will keep them in our prayers.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-13-2004, 08:33 AM
Sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers go out to the Moran family.
Jerry

Her454
07-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Sorry to hear it Billy. My prayers go out to the family.
Traci

superdave013
07-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Never met either of them. But I sure hope and pray everything works out ok.

63stevens
07-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Will definately keep them in out thoughs, and prayers

07-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Having seen 3 of my friends suffer brain anurysum it isn't something I would wish on my worst enemey. It can happen at any time, anywhere and usually shows few or no signs its happening until you pass out. God speed to Anita, I wish her a speedy and complete recovery. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hud
07-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Our thoughts & prayers are with the Moran family, Bob & Cathy!

Brendellaracin
07-13-2004, 11:32 AM
I met them once a few years back and they are very nice
people. Our thoughts and prayers are with Barney & Anita.
Marty & Cheri :cool: :)

Sangster
07-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Barney & Anita.

Morg
07-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Very disturbing news.
Thoughts & prayer's for Anita & the family.

Dimarco21
07-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Our prayers go out to Barney and Anita.

VD CRUISER
07-13-2004, 03:20 PM
My thoughts and prayers to Barney and Anita.

LakesOnly
07-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Hope all turns out well.
Good thing they're at SF Med.
Chin-up,
LO

dan hudson
07-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Terry and I will be praying for the Moran family.

Beautiful Noise
07-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Our Prayers go out to the Family

Obsessive Compulsive
07-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Barney and Anita are very much in our thoughts and prayers! Please let us know if there is anything we can do. Anita is a very dear and caring person and many hugs and kisses are being sent her way. Best wishes and lots of love. XOXOXOXOXO:( Pierre, Lora and Devin

CircleJerk
07-13-2004, 09:38 PM
I do believe in the power of prayer and thanks to video guy I have visually met this couple of boat enthusiasts. I cant say it any better than above: they remind me of my parents. This is very sad news and Robin and I will place Barney and Anita in our prayers.
Trails don't make us what we are......they reveal what we are!

cal***boat
07-13-2004, 10:00 PM
I have meet Anita & Barney and they are great people. It allways seams things like this happen to the good people and not the bad ones.
God works in strange ways at times and we will never understand why.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Anita & Barney and may God see you both thru these bad times.
Its when things like this happen to someone you know it really hits home and makes you think about who may be next.
GODSPEED Anita, You will be in our prayers every day for a quick recovery and to be back on the water having some fun.

BILLY.B
07-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Anita pulled through the operation but is still listed in critical condition. Barney called me this afternoon and he told me that it wasn't looking to good. I feel so sorry for Barney as Anita is his whole life, and best friend. And to top it off she is a total boat "SPEED FREAK". I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear more.

dmontzsta
07-14-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
Anita pulled through the operation but is still listed in critical condition. Barney called me this afternoon and he told me that it wasn't looking to good. I feel so sorry for Barney as Anita is his whole life, and best friend. And to top it off she is a total boat "SPEED FREAK". I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear more.
Thanks for the update Billy. It is good to hear that she pulled through, we will keep praying she makes a speedy recovery!

BILLY.B
07-20-2004, 05:35 AM
I have no idea where my last post went so i'll do it again. Anita has come out of her coma and is now able to breath on her own. She is able to move her toe's and is also able to do a few thing's on command. She know's who Barney is but her memory is still real hazzy. She doesn't know where she is or why. Seeing as one of the anurysum's was behind her optec nerve she is having alittle trouble keeping her left eye open but they feel it will come back in time. She will be in the hospital for about a month. Anyone wanting to send her a card or whatever here is an address...............
Anita Moran
505 Parnassus Ave.
Neurologycal ICU
S.F. Ca. 94134
Barney and family want to thank everyone for all the prayer's and well wish's.

INEEDAV
07-20-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
I have no idea where my last post went so i'll do it again. Anita has come out of her coma and is now able to breath on her own. She is able to move her toe's and is also able to do a few thing's on command. She know's who Barney is but her memory is still real hazzy. She doesn't know where she is or why. Seeing as one of the anurysum's was behind her optec nerve she is having alittle trouble keeping her left eye open but they feel it will come back in time. She will be in the hospital for about a month. Anyone wanting to send her a card or whatever here is an address...............
Anita Moran
505 Parnassus Ave.
Neurologycal ICU
S.F. Ca. 94134
Barney and family want to thank everyone for all the prayer's and well wish's.
That is good to hear. Unfotunately I have never had the pleasure of meeting the Morans, but they sound like wonderful people.

Mrs. GoFast
07-20-2004, 08:28 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with the family for a speedy recovery.
Art & Sandy

Spotondl
07-26-2004, 03:09 AM
Billy:
Any updates on Anita?
Barney & Anita in better times. Needles '04 (http://www.mukaikussin.com/boattrippers/videos/barnanit.avi)

BILLY.B
07-26-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Spotondl
[B]Billy:
Any updates on Anita?
Talked to Barneys daughter on Friday and Anita had made a turn for the worse which came unexpectedly. On Wednesday she was able to feed herself with a little help and she was able to get up and go to the restroom on her own also, so you can imagine how they feel when she all of a sudden went backwards. They have her heavyly sedated due to swelling of the brain. I'll let you all know if I hear anything more.

Da-Bull
07-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Our prayer's are with Barney and Anita wishing her a speedy recovery. Jeff and Barbara

dmontzsta
08-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Any update on Anitas condition?

BILLY.B
08-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Anita has been moved to a rehabilitation center in Santa Rosa. She is expected to be there for a couple of week's and then will be going to therapy as an outpatient. She has some memory loss and some trouble talking but all in all the out come look's alot better then a couple of week's ago.

dmontzsta
08-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Anita has been moved to a rehabilitation center in Santa Rosa. She is expected to be there for a couple of week's and then will be going to therapy as an outpatient. She has some memory loss and some trouble talking but all in all the out come look's alot better then a couple of week's ago.
Thanks for the update Billy. Sounds like she has a long road ahead of her, but things look promising. Great news. I just watched some old footage of Anita and Barney when they had their old flatty.

BILLY.B
08-08-2004, 05:05 PM
I just watched some old footage of Anita and Barney when they had their old flatty.Yeah that was a cool old flatty that they had. Complete with a hemi I believe. Barney gave that boat away ($6500.00), it was nicely done.

dmontzsta
08-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Yeah that was a cool old flatty that they had. Complete with a hemi I believe. Barney gave that boat away ($6500.00), it was nicely done.
yeah, 1955 RaysonCraft?

BILLY.B
08-10-2004, 05:39 AM
Anita is now at home. Talked to Barney yesterday and he said she remembered there house and a few other thing's but still has along way to go. Barney sounds exhausted as he is giving Anita the 24 hour care she needs by himself. Hopefully within the next three to four month's she'll be closer to herself.

Speedin' Ian
08-10-2004, 07:50 AM
That's good news Billy, thanks for keeping us posted. That woman is one of a kind and I'm glad she is doing better.

dmontzsta
08-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Yes indeed, thanks again Billy.
It makes me feel good that she is home and on the track to getting better.

BigBoyToys
08-11-2004, 04:25 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Anita, family, and friends for a complete recovery.
Hopefully, Anita will make a full recovery and go on to lead a full and satisfying life in the future.