PDA

View Full Version : Angry Josh - Thanks

JetBoatRich
07-13-2004, 06:01 AM
What a great person, met the guy face to face last weekend when he came over to check out my boat damage. He jumped in and started on repairs. Next thing the whole boat is gutted and repairs were started. As some of you know, my boat devoloped a nice size crack in the hull.
Not sure where the "ANGRY" part of his name came from he is anything but. Even with some set-backs he kept the same cool attitude.
His wife and Daughter are right there with him, their patience over the last week has been incredible. Thanks Jen and Jade.
Working hard
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/78P7120367-med.JPG
Josh with my son
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/78P7120361-med.JPG
Teaching the art of power tools:eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/78P7120362-med.JPG

OGShocker
07-13-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Not sure where the "ANGRY" part of his name came from he is anything but. Even with some set-backs he kept the same cool attitude.
Josh with my son
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/78P7120361-med.JPG
Looks like "Angry Son" in this shot.:D
Thanks for sharing!

phebus
07-13-2004, 06:11 AM
Posse apprenticeship? :D

Jetdriver
07-13-2004, 06:22 AM
Glad to see things are going well Rich! We want to see more pics there buddy!

dicudmore
07-13-2004, 06:26 AM
right on Josh :D

NorCal Gameshow
07-13-2004, 06:29 AM
i've read silicone works..;) :D
that's a lotta boat to not have full stringers :(

JetBoatRich
07-13-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Jetdriver
Glad to see things are going well Rich! We want to see more pics there buddy!
You do meet some cool people on ***boat:D I have a few more pictures and Josh took some as well.

Tom Brown
07-13-2004, 07:25 AM
It's great to see your boat is getting repaired, JBR. :)
AngryJosh was really cool when I made fun of his name last week. There's no question I deserved to have my ass kicked. :D
Hey JBR, try this. Every once in a while when he's working quietly or when you're having a nice conversation with him... say this... "HEY LOOK... everyone try to stay calm... there's no need to get upset!" :D :D :D
With a name like Angry Josh, how could he not be really cool? :cool:
Great story, by the way. I look forward to more pics and hearing about how it turns out. :)
-- Tom

BarryMac
07-13-2004, 08:06 AM
Way to go Josh and of course the great JBR, two really cool guys I aspire to be like one day...:D
gjb
good luck with the skiff Rich, hope you get it back on the water soon.

Doug H.
07-13-2004, 09:21 AM
Josh is a good guy who just joined the "Posse" recently, he enjoys boating and being with his family. The Luvnlife's and us got to spend a day together at BV a couple of weeks back with the "Angry" family.
Good to hear that Josh helped out Rich when in a pinch. :D :D

Dr. Eagle
07-13-2004, 09:31 AM
Josh, that was really hella cool of you to help Rich out like that...
Damn cool....
You Da Man...

JetBoatRich
07-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Looks like we made it, on the trailer and ready to pull out to Parker:D
Josh came over again today and helped with the final touches.
Thanks again Josh.
Have a great week everyone:cool:

AngryJosh
07-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Update-- JetBoatRich is on the water again, we finished his boat up this afternoon. We fixed both cracks, and installed new stringers and floor. What a job this was, every night after work for about a week; and I watch them drive off for a great week at the river while I come home to catch up on work. How fair is that?? J/K:D
I teased Rich early on in the PROJECT about how its unfortunate we had to meet under these cercumstances; but this is what its all about. Helping a fellow enthusiast, and meeting new friends!!
Thanks to Rich and his family for being so hospitable, and feeding my ravenous appetite.
I have a nice video of Richs garage- if I can find out how to post it.
I think you all will enjoy it:D :D And I'll post up some of the picks I have
Angry Josh

Debbolas
07-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Looks like we made it, on the trailer and ready to pull out to Parker:D
Josh came over again today and helped with the final touches.
Thanks again Josh.
Have a great week everyone:cool:
Have fun and be careful!:D
Update-- JetBoatRich is on the water again,
That was very nice of you to help him........;) :D

LASERRAY
07-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by AngryJosh
Update-- JetBoatRich is on the water again, we finished his boat up this afternoon. We fixed both cracks, and installed new stringers and floor. What a job this was, every night after work for about a week; and I watch them drive off for a great week at the river while I come home to catch up on work. How fair is that?? J/K:D
I teased Rich early on in the PROJECT about how its unfortunate we had to meet under these cercumstances; but this is what its all about. Helping a fellow enthusiast, and meeting new friends!!
Thanks to Rich and his family for being so hospitable, and feeding my ravenous appetite.
I have a nice video of Richs garage- if I can find out how to post it.
I think you all will enjoy it:D :D And I'll post up some of the picks I have
Angry Josh Nice Job Josh. You are good people.:cool:

JetBoatRich
07-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Just pulled into my brother in-law's house in Blythe. The boat ran and handled great. :)
Thanks To Josh and a good friend Scott it felt like a new boat:cool:
A special thanks has to go out to my wife for making a million trips for supplies and food. Man can these guys eat:rolleyes: she's the best.
Thanks again, looks like we are going to launch it down here and hang out the rest of the day.

LUVNLIFE
07-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Glad to hear everything went alright Rich. Hope you guys are having a great time. Be careful;)

JetBoatRich
07-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Glad to hear everything went alright Rich. Hope you guys are having a great time. Be careful;)
Parker was awesome, always fun to hang out at the river:cool: I believe we hit all the food places on the water, had to try the adult beverages at each site:D

mirvin
07-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Wow Rich, I didn't realize you were having that kind of problem:( I'm glad everything worked out.
Unfortunatly I've become quite skilled at fiberglass layup and repair over the last few months while tending to a stress crack in my hull;)
Nice work AngryJosh!!
mirvin;)

Ducatista
07-16-2004, 02:29 PM
This thread here is what boating and making friends is all about. Nice job!

Kilrtoy
07-16-2004, 02:38 PM
That is awesome.......
Good luck , keep us posted.... and some pics when done....

Tom Brown
07-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by AngryJosh
Update-- JetBoatRich is on the water again, we finished his boat up this afternoon.
You rock. :cool:

JetBoatRich
07-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
This thread here is what boating and making friends is all about. Nice job!
I agree 100% and that is exactly what Josh said when at my house:D

Mrs Luvnlife
07-16-2004, 07:56 PM
had to try the adult beverages at each site:D
I certainly hope you didn't forget about me when trying out the adult beverages ;)......sounds like you guys are having a great time.....glad to hear it, and glad the boat is floatin!! Tell Steph hi for me!!! ;) See you guys soon! :)

JetBoatRich
07-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
I certainly hope you didn't forget about me when trying out the adult beverages ;)......sounds like you guys are having a great time.....glad to hear it, and glad the boat is floatin!! Tell Steph hi for me!!! ;) See you guys soon! :)
we would never for get you guys, that is why I would have more than one;)
Oh and Steph said HI:cool: