PDA

View Full Version : boat trailer repair

bgchuby
07-13-2004, 06:31 AM
I need help. I have a large pacific trailer (3 axel) that I need new brakes and bearing done. THe trouble is that I have one bad bearing and can not move the trailer from its parking space at my home in Canyon Lake, Ca. Does anyone know of a mobile mechanic that will come do the labor at my house. The boat and trailer wheigh close to 19000lbs so he needs a strong jack and air tools for the wheels. Please post a phone number for anyone that can handle the job or email me at BGCHUBY@aol.com. Thanks.

Evo22
07-13-2004, 07:49 AM
try the guys up at INTERTECH (661)286-9997 ask for either Brian or Alan

bgchuby
07-14-2004, 10:23 AM
thanks for the info and I called them but they are in valencia and the trailer is in canyon lake down by elsinore. Thanks for the thought

victorfb
07-14-2004, 11:23 AM
since its a triple axle, i would say to remove the one wheel with the bad bearing and strap the axle up so it wont sag and hit the ground. you should be fine to make it down railroad canyon to elsinore area and find a place there that has a big enough jack. the goodyear tire store right past the 15 might be able to help you. just a thought. if you get a new hub with bearings and seals allready intalled it would be a quik fix. just tell them you allready have the hub just need to jack it up and install the new hub. if you feel like you can do it yourself, strap the bad axle so it cannot sag, drive that side up onto a couple blocks (no block on the bad hub wheel) and you should be able to remove the hub and install it no problem.
oh yea, if your going to do it yourself, you better get the POA to authorize it and pay the fee's and then pay the penalty for not telling them a year in advance. :p ok ok. i just could help it.

bgchuby
07-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Ok smartass. I agree canyon lake can make life misrible. The nuts on the wheels are somewhat rusty and it will take an air impact to take them off. Yes I can drive up to pacific and buy the parts but I need a person to do the labor in my driveway. Also the boat and trailer is two wide and too tall to keep at a shop

Debbolas
07-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by bgchuby
thanks for the info and I called them but they are in valencia and the trailer is in canyon lake down by elsinore. Thanks for the thought
Prime Marine has a "trailer guy" call them at 909-484-8338:D

Mandelon
07-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Can you launch the boat nearby and keep it in the water for a little while? And then take off the offending wheel and tow the empty trailer down to a shop?