PDA

View Full Version : folsom Water Level

Dr. Eagle
07-13-2004, 10:24 AM
News Story... folsom with the big dirty bathtub ring.... (http://www.news10.net/clips/July2004/071104/greene.asx ) :(

Her454
07-13-2004, 10:55 AM
I hate that lake anyway but now that just means it will drive more people to the mountain lakes........:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
07-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Her454
I hate that lake anyway but now that just means it will drive more people to the mountain lakes........:rolleyes:
I don't know that I'd go far to go to Folsom if I lived somewhere else, but it is less than 2 miles from my driveway to the ramp... so I love it.

HCS
07-13-2004, 11:09 AM
That is the biggest miss manage bunch of crap I've herd.
Their blaming the drainage of that lake on everything they can.
When they just plain f u c k e d up. They do that every year.
And their going to raise the hight of that dam 7 feet. What the
hell for! They won't keep it full as it is.:confused:

Dr. Eagle
07-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Their blaming the drainage of that lake on everything they can.
When they just plain f u c k e d up. They do that every year.
Yeah, but I suppose if you live in Sacramento downstream... better the lake be too low than the town flooded. What I have a problem with is how FAR off they were.

Flyinbowtie
07-13-2004, 01:30 PM
It does seem like they miss the mark at Folsom more often than they hit it, and we do see a hell of a lot more pressure on the mountain lakes when Folsom drops like this.:mad:

HCS
07-13-2004, 01:52 PM
If you saw the artical in the Sacramento bee, I have never herd
anyone side step the fact that they drained the lake to early like
that.
They blamed it on Farming, Home construction, Salt water in the
delta, Fish spawning. And then drought.
I'm sure they can all be a factor but they act like Folsom lake is the
only lake responsible for the water flow in the rivers.
Sure they under estimated the amount of rainfall we didn't
get but they do that every year.
I think it's miss management.
I use to go boating there all the time and it was always full.
Ever since they can't seem to manage the water I quit going.

HCS
07-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Just call them the "Bureau of Reck Folsom Lake."

bilgewiper
07-13-2004, 02:27 PM
Back in the drought years they (the boats in the marina) had to be out about July 1st. This year they only get a extra 20 days when it's not offically a drought? I boat in the river and the added pressure of "clueless" lake boaters is a real pain. But is kinda funny to watch them try to dock at a resturant, etc comming from upstream. What's NOT funny is the ones that think they can wander back and forth across the whole river like they do at the lake. They learn fast though.

SMFRiverRat
07-13-2004, 02:33 PM
That temporary ramp at Folsom at the end of Douglas SUCKS! 20' wide and for some reason every sea-do owner feels he needs to prep the friggng things......on the ramp!
I hate to see the lake so low but it sure makes it easier to use the ramp at Garcia Bend. Just about too shallow when the river is low and it's two blocks away.

Dr. Eagle
07-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by bilgewiper
Back in the drought years they (the boats in the marina) had to be out about July 1st. This year they only get a extra 20 days when it's not offically a drought?
Remember, the marina was dug out about 30 feet to provide dirt for the auxiliary dam repair at Mormon Island about 10 years ago. If not for that, they'd have been out of the water mid-June

HCS
07-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by bilgewiper
Back in the drought years they (the boats in the marina) had to be out about July 1st. This year they only get a extra 20 days when it's not offically a drought? I boat in the river and the added pressure of "clueless" lake boaters is a real pain. But is kinda funny to watch them try to dock at a resturant, etc comming from upstream. What's NOT funny is the ones that think they can wander back and forth across the whole river like they do at the lake. They learn fast though.
lol. They need to keep that lake full for that exact reason.
I hate it when the lake boaters invade the river because
there isn't any water. It makes it mayham.
That's when the river cops have a party.

framer1
07-13-2004, 07:17 PM
The same great minds do the same thing to Lake Nacimento every year:(

Dr. Eagle
07-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by framer1
The same great minds do the same thing to Lake Nacimento every year:(
Yep.. its in the same boat (pun intended) this year too.. below 40% yet?

framer1
07-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Well below. They screw it up every year. Same old salt water intrusion B.S. story they give every year:mad:

HCS
07-14-2004, 06:58 AM
If they dump the lakes to wash the salt water out to see, what
happens to the salt water when the lakes are empty.
Da..........:idea: