PDA

View Full Version : More political threads?

WaTchTheGelCoat
07-13-2004, 10:59 AM
Do we need any more?

Dr. Eagle
07-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by WaTchTheGelCoat
Do we need any more?
Since we are all too stupid to understand them (according to some yahoos on here)..... I say ENUF.... LOL

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-13-2004, 11:12 AM
we need more tit and azz

Dr. Eagle
07-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
we need more tit and azz
Ed Zachary....

welk2party
07-13-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
we need more tit and azz
VOTE YES ON T&A

WaTchTheGelCoat
07-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by welk2party
VOTE YES ON T&A
I second the motion.

fourspeednup
07-13-2004, 11:25 AM
There are enough political sites where people enjoy debating issues and what not....if it is something that directly affects the boating community then that's great but keep the Michael Moore stuff off. We know he's a douche already, 5000 replies that say "That guy's an unamerican fag,polesmoker,takes it in the piehole, etc..." are not necessary.:rolleyes:

PlyaPlya22
07-13-2004, 11:59 AM
T&A for everybody.......it's on the house. Take all you want, but make sure you want all you take:D

BUSTI
07-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Actually I rather like to hear what everybody else has to say on all subjects...........even politics. Thats the purpose of the Sandbar! To duplicate a conversation or line of bullshit or what ever you might have, sitting on the sandbar having a few brews with friends at the lake.
I like even those that don't agree with me and have a blast debating everything under the sun. Even with guys like Lake Pirate and AzDon..........uh............ok maybe just Lake Pirate not AzDon! But really we have debated such things over the years (and I do mean years) such as animal rights, divorce, politics, gay marriage, racism, school vouchers, sports and all sorts of great stuff.
Almost every body on here is interesting and for me I think the sandbar is the perfect place for talikg about these issues. Since 911 and now that we are in a state of war things are different in America. Tradgedy and death have made us all wrapped a lil tighter and the sandbar helps us all vent. Couple this to the fact that its an election year and whew the fur can fly.
For me keep up the political chater...........I love it!
And look at it this way next month football season starts and I won't care much about politics.... .just the worlds greatest college football program...........THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TROJANS....READY TO KICK THE SHIT OUT OF fucla and the domers from southbend.
My luck Lake Pirate doesn't like football.

totenhosen
07-13-2004, 12:46 PM
If you don't like political threads than don't open it up. Other people do enjoy it so why take that away from them? Besides this is the sandbar and not the engine forum.

Dave C
07-13-2004, 12:55 PM
yes, we enjoy arguing.
but we could use more debate and less name calling.

Lake Pirate
07-13-2004, 01:07 PM
I'm an easy target Football season.
Cowboys fan. :(

PlyaPlya22
07-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
I'm an easy target Football season.
Cowboys fan. :(
Damn LP, looks like we'll be rubbin elbows this season. Cowboys fan here also!

Lake Pirate
07-13-2004, 01:20 PM
Through thick and thin. Lot's of thin lately.

PlyaPlya22
07-13-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
Through thick and thin. Lot's of thin lately.
Tell me about it

BUSTI
07-13-2004, 02:20 PM
LP there is hope for you yet...I love the Cowboys!

Lake Pirate
07-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Quick thread drift...
Last year I did charters with Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach. We also did the "Doomsday Defense" reunion. Charlie Waters and Cliff Harris were cool as shit.

AzDon
07-13-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by BUSTI
Actually I rather like to hear what everybody else has to say on all subjects...........even politics. Thats the purpose of the Sandbar! To duplicate a conversation or line of bullshit or what ever you might have, sitting on the sandbar having a few brews with friends at the lake.
I like even those that don't agree with me and have a blast debating everything under the sun. Even with guys like Lake Pirate and AzDon..........uh............ok maybe just Lake Pirate not AzDon! But really we have debated such things over the years (and I do mean years) such as animal rights, divorce, politics, gay marriage, racism, school vouchers, sports and all sorts of great stuff.
Almost every body on here is interesting and for me I think the sandbar is the perfect place for talikg about these issues. Since 911 and now that we are in a state of war things are different in America. Tradgedy and death have made us all wrapped a lil tighter and the sandbar helps us all vent. Couple this to the fact that its an election year and whew the fur can fly.
For me keep up the political chater...........I love it!
And look at it this way next month football season starts and I won't care much about politics.... .just the worlds greatest college football program...........THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TROJANS....READY TO KICK THE SHIT OUT OF fucla and the domers from southbend.
My luck Lake Pirate doesn't like football.
I love the post, even if you don't like debating with me (too challenging, huh?) There are plenty of places on the internet where you can either debate professional political wonks or chat with folks that you are in agreement with. ***boat Sandbar, at least for now is one of the few places on the net for healthy lively discussion. My only complaint is the substitution of Dumbass namecalling when a good argument is unavailable. There is no need to be mean and uncivilized when you run out of good arguments. Just admitting that we aren't going to agree is a civilized answer that is good enough!

AzDon
07-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
yes, we enjoy arguing.
but we could use more debate and less name calling.
Amen, Dave C! You are one of the best master- debaters on here and also not abusive! Funny how those 2 traits seem to be found in the same people, huh?