PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Day glitches?

FMluvswater
07-13-2004, 01:17 PM
I was late for my own wedding AND I forgot his ring at home. It was a civil ceremony held outside in a park. We exchanged rings later but his step-mother missed the ceremony entirely cuz she went back to our place to get his ring. In my case maybe the glitches were signs of doom, lol. I'm just kidding. I really don't regret getting married and I'm happily separated too :). Every life experience has value and has made me who I am right now. :)
I was just curious if other people had wedding day stories they felt like sharing. :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Our reverand had a booger flappin around during the entire ceremony!! :eek: :eek: All I could do was giggle during the whole thing. Luckily his booger didn't show up in the wedding pics!
He shall forever be referred to as Reverand Booger.
:D

JustMVG
07-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Well the limo driver was late picking up the guys and decided to just run over and pick up the rest of the wedding party, you know the bride and her entourage, i told the idiot what the f was he doing and get us to the wedding site, had no clue about wedding etiquette, put the wedding behind by over an hour.
Plus all my buddies decided to drink everything that was in the limo and when the girls got in there was nothing left, glad my sister had brought a cold bottle of Chapagne for them to drink...
Yes we only had 1 limo the other limo the Co. had broke down the day of our wedding, glad everything else went right except for the video and still photogs, but thats a whole other thread... MVG

copperrat20
07-13-2004, 01:25 PM
THE WEDDING
You are at the wedding...
You are a total Diva...
The best dress, a perfect hairdo...
You fall 'in love at first sight' with an invited guest...
You get secret looks from him the entire night...
On the dance floor, he's by your side constantly, and he dances like a
god...
You are the couple of the evening...
The anticipated moment has arrived for all single women...
The bride is about to throw the bouquet...
You are first in line, in a strategic position...
Once there, you wait for the right moment...
You look at him sensually, and with your eyes you tell him.....
If I catch the bouquet...I Will Marry You!
And then, the moment you've been waiting for...
The bride throws the bouquet...
He doesn't stop looking at you...
You jump and stretch like never before to catch the bouquet...
Your arms stretched upward...
Your hands open wide...
And suddenly...

Three Days Only
07-13-2004, 01:31 PM
Nice, that would have been a cool wedding to attend.

miller19j
07-13-2004, 01:32 PM
I got into a fight with the priest and had him pinned against a wall for a few minutes until he saw things my way.
My wife had a flower girl straighten out the back of her dress so it would look nice in the pictures. Well when the little girl straitened it she picked it up and the wind took it. So everyone go to see a nice shot of my wife’s ass and her blue panties (Something blue).
My best man keep feeding the Bagpiper Scotch (Half a Bottle) and someone let the dog out and she attacked the Bagpiper. Just a hint for future reference Drunken Scotsman, Angry Terrier, and Bagpipes don’t go well together.
Everyone drank the bottled backup beer instead of the kegs. So we were left with two kegs full of beer and a lot of empty bottles. That plan backfired.
At the end of the event I came home took my shoes off to relax and consummate my wedding only to find that someone had broken a wine glass in our kitchen earlier. So I spent some time cleaning up the blood and broken glass before I went to bed.

superdave013
07-13-2004, 01:42 PM
We did the deed on the Queen Mary. No glitches at all.
A friend did climb up one of the stacks at about 3:00 AM. Even took a small cooler. Said it was pretty cool up there.

superdave013
07-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
I got into a fight with the priest and had him pinned against a wall for a few minutes until he saw things my way.
Miller, boy are you going straight to hell! lol

miller19j
07-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Miller, boy are you going straight to hell! lol Yea……. My fait is pretty much sealed!
The guy was a real pain in the ass. I let it slide until the wedding day then he pissed me off one last time. He left the wedding after he pronounced us man and wife. I think I may have offended him. :D

lucky
07-13-2004, 01:48 PM
i shouldn't have said i do :eek: and white was the wrong color for the first wife - it should have been a off black .... :D

copperrat20
07-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by lucky
i shouldn't have said i do :eek: and white was the wrong color for the first wife - it should have been a off black .... :D
Damn dude. That was harsh!:eek:

Her454
07-13-2004, 01:50 PM
I fainted at the alter, if that wasn't a sign I dont what is. :rolleyes:

copperrat20
07-13-2004, 01:50 PM
So you didn't go thru with it or you split up already?

FMluvswater
07-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
Our reverand had a booger flappin around during the entire ceremony!! :eek: All I could do was giggle during the whole thing. Luckily his booger didn't show up in the wedding pics!
He shall forever be referred to as Reverand Booger.
:D
LMAO! I got the visual! :D
Mikey- go ahead and tell about the photo and vid stuff it's still wedding related. ;) :D
copperrat20 - OMG! How embarassing for her! But did it help her get the guy? :D
miller19j -
Just a hint for future reference Drunken Scotsman, Angry Terrier, and Bagpipes don’t go well together. ... LMAO ... no offense but that sounds comical. :D
Bet you're glad that day is done and now you can just enjoy married life. :D
Wow superdave013 no glitches ... would she concur? If so then more power to ya - it's more typical I think for at least something minor to go wrong. Cool that it didn't in your case. :cool:

FMluvswater
07-13-2004, 01:56 PM
my my my what a bitter boy you are! ;) :D (you're b bud aren't you? if not then please excuse my familiarity)

FMluvswater
07-13-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Her454
I fainted at the alter, if that wasn't a sign I dont what is. :rolleyes:
Good old hindsight. You didn't have ESP. ;)

superdave013
07-13-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
Wow superdave013 no glitches ... would she concur? If so then more power to ya - it's more typical I think for at least something minor to go wrong. Cool that it didn't in your case. :cool:
Yes she would. They do lots of weddings there and do them well.
It was so easy, they took care of everything. I was the one that picked out all the crap. I did it in about 15 min. The lady said when the typ motherinlaw gets in there it takes hours!
I have a question. How can some one look through 3 or 4 books (about 10" thick each) of nothing but wedding invites? I flipped about 7 or 8 pages and said "this will do".
What do you want on the cake?
I donno, what's the choices?
The items in that case are the choices.
Ok, We'll take that one.
C'Mon, that stuff was easy!

FMluvswater
07-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Yes she would. They do lots of weddings there and do them well.
It was so easy, they took care of everything. I was the one that picked out all the crap. I did it in about 15 min. The lady said when the typ motherinlaw gets in there it takes hours!
I have a question. How can some one look through 3 or 4 books (about 10" thick each) of nothing but wedding invites? I flipped about 7 or 8 pages and said "this will do".
What do you want on the cake?
I donno, what's the choices?
The items in that case are the choices.
Ok, We'll take that one.
C'Mon, that stuff was easy!
Honestly I have no idea ... we didn't have that kind of a wedding. I ordered a cake from Safeway! :D LOL! We called people to invite them! :D Everybody brought a flower and all the flowers became my bridal bouquet! The details were easy for us too - just the day of the wedding those few things were off. :)

spectratoad
07-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Well the wedding was an hour late getting started because I got everyones tux except mine, the JP couldn't get my name right and it was really pissing me off, the food at the reception was cold because we were late getting there, my wife father's pants fell down (weight loss since fitting) while he was walking her down the aisle.
Some friends of the family stayed at the hotel we were at and didn't get any sleep that night because the song, "Mac the Knife" was blaring all night and someone was running around the halls, except the hotel was dark and quiet. It is a haunted hotel in Gold Hill, Nevada (Virginia City) so they thought it was my wife and I playing jokes on them.
All in All it would otherwise be just plain old wedding memories if there wasn't some drama.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-13-2004, 02:17 PM
I was late for my own wedding AND I forgot his ring at home. It was a civil ceremony held outside in a park. We exchanged rings later but his step-mother missed the ceremony entirely cuz she went back to our place to get his ring. In my case maybe the glitches were signs of doom, lol. I'm just kidding. I really don't regret getting married and I'm happily separated too :). Every life experience has value and has made me who I am right now. :)
I was just curious if other people had wedding day stories they felt like sharing. :)
That was a sign not to get married :eek:

lucky
07-13-2004, 02:19 PM
my my my what a bitter boy you are! ;) :D (you're b bud aren't you? if not then please excuse my familiarity)
yes my dearest - dat be me !! I'm not bitter - lmao - more like unsweetend !! :rolleyes:

FMluvswater
07-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by spectratoad
Well the wedding was an hour late getting started because I got everyones tux except mine, the JP couldn't get my name right and it was really pissing me off, the food at the reception was cold because we were late getting there, my wife father's pants fell down (weight loss since fitting) while he was walking her down the aisle.
Some friends of the family stayed at the hotel we were at and didn't get any sleep that night because the song, "Mac the Knife" was blaring all night and someone was running around the halls, except the hotel was dark and quiet. It is a haunted hotel in Gold Hill, Nevada (Virginia City) so they thought it was my wife and I playing jokes on them.
All in All it would otherwise be just plain old wedding memories if there wasn't some drama.
That sounds like a romantic comedy!! :D It would work in a movie! ;) Like you said it made it memorable for you. :)

FMluvswater
07-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
That was a sign not to get married :eek:
Oh sure now you tell me but where were you then hmm? LOL! :D I wouldn't have listened to advice against going through with it anyway. :)

topless
07-13-2004, 02:26 PM
The only major mistake at my wedding was me saying I do.

FMluvswater
07-13-2004, 02:29 PM
yes my dearest - dat be me !! I'm not bitter - lmao - more like unsweetend !! :rolleyes:
I was just teasing b bud I don't consider you bitter ... not so sure you're unsweetened either ;) You're just ... spicy! ;) :D

copperrat20
07-13-2004, 02:30 PM
See - you all should have just followed my prime example and not gotten married! Then you wouldn't be saying I shouldn't have. I have not gotten married by choice also. Yes I have a child. That was close enough to marriage for me!:D

lucky
07-13-2004, 02:31 PM
being a tom brown groupie , being married could get in the way - lmao :D :D

BrendellaJet
07-13-2004, 02:32 PM
Mine was nice. No real glitches on te wedding day, just the planning was a mess. For anyone thinking about getting married, think about eloping instead and leave the families at home!

FMluvswater
07-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by topless
but you wouldn't know if you hadn't tried. If you hadn't tried then maybe you'd consider it a missed chance at happiness ... like we tell my son "mistakes are okay" ;)

topless
07-13-2004, 02:39 PM
My dad even tried to talk me out of it right before he walked me down the isle. At least I have 2 beautiful children.

FMluvswater
07-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by copperrat20
See - you all should have just followed my prime example and not gotten married! Then you wouldn't be saying I shouldn't have. I have not gotten married by choice also. Yes I have a child. That was close enough to marriage for me!:D
you're not dead yet ;) :D ... anything is possible

FMluvswater
07-13-2004, 02:41 PM
My dad even tried to talk me out of it right before he walked me down the isle. At least I have 2 beautiful children.
yes as well as extra wisdom ;)

copperrat20
07-13-2004, 02:42 PM
No not dead yet!:rolleyes: I am just too young to get married. And my kids mother is just not for me. Fun at the time believe you me but not my lifelong companion that I am still searching for. I wan't someone that wants to help me run the business and go to the lake and doesn't want to spend the rest of their life sucking on mommy's tity. Now I have realized that it's just fun to have fun with friends and enjoy life before being tied down for a few years only to get divorced over bullshit.
Damn I should write to Dear MrsFV:D

FMluvswater
07-13-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by copperrat20
No not dead yet!:rolleyes: I am just too young to get married. And my kids mother is just not for me. Fun at the time believe you me but not my lifelong companion that I am still searching for. I wan't someone that wants to help me run the business and go to the lake and doesn't want to spend the rest of their life sucking on mommy's tity. Now I have realized that it's just fun to have fun with friends and enjoy life before being tied down for a few years only to get divorced over bullshit.
Damn I should write to Dear MrsFV:D
Makes sense you want to wait for someone that feels like the right one ... but there's no guarantees. Fear of divorce (making a mistake) hopefully won't be the reason if you never get married.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Oh sure now you tell me but where were you then hmm? LOL! :D I wouldn't have listened to advice against going through with it anyway. :)
MEOWWWWW as Tom Lykis would say :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by BrendellaJet
Mine was nice. No real glitches on te wedding day, just the planning was a mess. For anyone thinking about getting married, think about eloping instead and leave the families at home!
I AGREE!!!!!!:D

Her454
07-13-2004, 07:07 PM
Good old hindsight. You didn't have ESP. ;)
Hindsight my ass...........if only they had'nt used those smelling salts......... ;)
But I DO have a beautiful daughter out of it..... :):)

Froggystyle
07-14-2004, 08:52 AM
The only bummer in my wedding was driving 5 hours to Vegas, and then 5 hours back so that I could be back in SEAL training first thing in the morning.
We did get married in the Vette by Elvis though in the Drive through Wedding Chapel.

NorCal Gameshow
07-14-2004, 09:10 AM
no real problems. but, the bachelor party the night before is not a good idea...

Wally_Gator
07-14-2004, 11:18 AM
No real problems, but I had a total deer in headlights moment...
My wife has 2 boys from a previous marriage. We had lived together for over 3 years before the wedding day.
Living together with the young boys.. You just don't kiss like single people do. A peck here and one there. The real kisses are left for the fun places.
The preacher says you may kiss the bride...
I give her a peck on the Cheek.. I had totally thought about this the day before and how it wouldn't be a peck.
My wife looks stunned and my Best man, say c'mon.
He helped save the moment.
Funny as hell on the video...

Mrs. Restless22
07-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
We did get married in the Vette by Elvis though in the Drive through Wedding Chapel.
I wish we did that!!

rrrr
07-14-2004, 11:25 AM
LOL, topless. Your answer is similar to mine, I was gonna say the biggest glitch at my first wedding was when my ex showed up and walked down the aisle....
Shoulda listened to my brothers, my sister, my mom, my dad, my friends, the guy at the corner newstand, the unexplained midwinter electrical storms, dishes flying across the room by themselves and smashing into the walls, the dog howling....
Uh, you get the idea.
:D :D :D

Tremor Therapy
07-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Well besides saying that, the ex-wife wanted to spend the honeymoon at lake Arrowhead. It was her favorite place on earth. So after a killer reception at the Olympic Resort in Carlsbad, I am driving up 15 thinking of nothing but the all nighter she and I will be having.
Well at the reception the champagne was flowing, and she was not being bashful about living up the moment. So we hit the mountain, and we are about an hour away from consumating the moment, and then she gets a perfect 10 on the puke-o-meter, getting car sick on the way up the mountain.
Needless to say, our wedding night was spent with me sleeping in the bed alone, and her resting her head on the alter of the porcelain god! :mad:

Seadog
07-14-2004, 12:18 PM
I almost got thrown in jail a few hours before the sunrise ceremony. Then I got to my wife's apartment and had a flat. Don't remember after that.

Mandelon
07-14-2004, 12:28 PM
My wife got so drunk she hurled half of our wedding night.....so romantic. :rolleyes:
Someone told us if you carry your wedding bouquet on the plane they bump you to first class. We went to Cancun. Mexicana doesn't have first class. They barely even had coach. Everyone else on the plane had matching luggage. Cardboard boxes with string. It was like the bus scene in "Romancing the Stone" You know, with chickens and shit......:rolleyes:
At the ceremony in the church, right in the middle of the vows, one of my friends shows up late and is at the fire exit banging on the door to get in........:rolleyes:
14 years and 8 months ago....sure went quick. :cool:

miller19j
07-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Today is my wedding anniversary. :)
Three wonderful years! :)