PDA

View Full Version : This is very interesting...Hmmm..

ShowDown
07-13-2004, 03:04 PM
I saw this ad on dragboats.com in the classified section under ***boats on the first page a few ads down, you can go there and see a picture also. I wonder how well this boat works. I have never seen a flat or runner bottom jet. Those are some strange looking cav plates as well.
1987 CANYON 18' T-DECK RUNNER BOTTOM, CARBON FIBER STRINGERS, 9 COLOR VALE'S PAINT, 468" BIG BLOCK CHEVY ROLLER MOTOR, GM "BOWTIE" ALUMINUM HEADS, CUSTOM TUNNEL RAM, BLOWER SHOP 14-71, ENDERLE BIRD CATCHER INJECTOR, IMCO 14 GAL. STAINLESS FUEL CELL, BERKLEY 12 JR RACE PUMP, CAVITATION PLATES W/ UP & DOWN PEDALS & LOCK OUT, CUSTOM BILLET ALUMINUM RIGGING THROUGHOUT, VERY CLEAN & VERY FAST, CUSTOM LOWERED TRAILER, ALSO HAVE BACK SEAT & SIDE TANKS. $25,000 O.B.O.
Click For Larger Version
Sellers Name: George Marshall
Phone Number(s):
(530)222-3322
(530)246-8889
Ad Placed on Jul 07, 2004 // Last Updated on Jul 07, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1Bahnerjet
07-13-2004, 03:17 PM
this was just in V-drives, cool boat. (1987 CANYON 18' T-DECK RUNNER BOTTOM)
not a flat or runner, but a shallow jet bottom.
here's a pic of a flatbottom jet :cool: (rogers dragstar)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/83my_boat_rear-med.jpg

HBjet
07-13-2004, 03:18 PM
I've seen a boat just like that one at MPD. Jack made some pretty nice hardware, plates, railkit, and installed the all polished pump in that boat which turned out better looking then most of the nice flats I've seen. I think he said these boats run fairly well when setup right, but I don't exactly remember, I was to busy checking out all of the polished hardware we made for that boat.
As for this guys "Custom Tunnel Ram" I don't think an Edlebrock Tunnel Ram is very custom.... I think sticking a blower on top of it is weird, but what do I know.
Nice paint!
HBjet

ShowDown
07-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Has anybody here ever ridden in a flat bottom or runner bottom jet and if so how was the ride and feel?

1Bahnerjet
07-13-2004, 04:44 PM
your joking right...
it feels like a flatbottom, firm even on smooth water, & break your back in the rough stuff. but fun to drive...
(although my ride was in a V-drive a flat is a flat)

Squirtcha?
07-13-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by HBjet
I've seen a boat just like that one at MPD. Jack made some pretty nice hardware, plates, railkit, and installed the all polished pump in that boat which turned out better looking then most of the nice flats I've seen. I think he said these boats run fairly well when setup right, but I don't exactly remember, I was to busy checking out all of the polished hardware we made for that boat.
As for this guys "Custom Tunnel Ram" I don't think an Edlebrock Tunnel Ram is very custom.... I think sticking a blower on top of it is weird, but what do I know.
Nice paint!
HBjet
Seen quite a few of the cut down TR's used for BBF blower intakes. There aren't many places that still make BBF blower intakes and what is still around, is very pricey (to the tune of about $800+). Gotta admit I haven't seen many Chevy's using em though. Other than that..........it's a nice lookin ride.

djdtpr
07-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Squirtcha?
Seen quite a few of the cut down TR's used for BBF blower intakes. There aren't many places that still make BBF blower intakes and what is still around, is very pricey (to the tune of about $800+). Gotta admit I haven't seen many Chevy's using em though. Other than that..........it's a nice lookin ride.
Hey squirtcha a buddy of mine lives out near you he used to run a bbf with a cut down tunnel and a home made intercooler in a tahiti his name is Tod do you know him he is a auto body guy.

Squirtcha?
07-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Possibly. I ran into a guy up at Pleasant a couple three years ago. He was running a blown BBF with the cut down TR. I think his boat was yellow and white (if I remember correctly). He needed a jump the day I saw him and we hooked up and got him on his way.

djdtpr
07-13-2004, 06:38 PM
Pleasant is where he hangs out when he isnt in Blythe.If you were giving him a jump it sounds like him i think he just leaves the jumper cables hooked up so its faster the next time.Was the boat white with yellow and purple?If so it was definately him.

Squirtcha?
07-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Sure sounds like it was him, doesn't it? The boat may have had some purple in it. Like i said, it's been about three years now and the meeting was short. Just got him his jump and he was off again.
Small world eh?