PDA

View Full Version : 19ultra shadow vs. 19 Daytona

Goodtime$
07-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Have a brand new wakeboard boat, getting bored and wanting a new project for the winter, since i sold all my desert toys.
pros/cons of either tunnels. Located in San Diego so would like to stay with either brand.
thanks guys, any help pics would be great. just looking for prob a bare hull deal etc.

superdave013
07-13-2004, 05:02 PM
The 19' Daytona is a very proven hull. No con's to that one.

77charger
07-13-2004, 05:33 PM
well look at how well the daytonas do.Then try to compare with an advantage banshee.Obvious the daytona wins.Its a well proven hull with either jet or o/b

Jake W
07-13-2004, 05:44 PM
The Shadow is a copie of the first Cheyenne hull and bottom.The second top is what Cheyenne went with.They are fast boats too.Alot of racers run a Daytona Cheyenne or(TP) Stealth(made from a Cheyenne but changed some).I think the Shodow has a little more freeboard with the tail on the transom.
GOOD LUCK, personaly I like the Shadows shape better.
Jake

Goodtime$
07-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Im not looking for a full dragger set up, Just a nice cruiser tunnel for my girl and I to run up river and float down with.
My Vdrive isnt to stump happy and i miss my old just because i cant stand jet skiiers.
Just a basic BBC motor, pump and 4 seats. I want a 21 daytona but with the $ those are few and far between.
the 19shadow looks great and seems to have a little more interior space. $$ cheapest is best...This will be a winter project i hope, Just wanted to some pics, ideas etc.
my favorite boat has always been the 19 daytona, even over these monster cats everyone has these days.

HavasuDreamin'
07-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Goodtime$
Just a basic BBC motor, pump and 4 seats.
4 seats that will actually seat people over 3' tall is going to be hard to come by in either of those boats.
:cool:

Lightning
07-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
4 seats that will actually seat people over 3' tall is going to be hard to come by in either of those boats.
:cool:
More like seating for 2 and an upholstered holder for a cooler.

Petrofied
07-14-2004, 10:48 AM
How about a Tom Papp Phantom 21, I think my brother is still selling his. It's the white with tribal, 468 dart heads 10 1/2 to 1 motor with a single dominator. Runs 89 to 91 I think. I beleive the boat is a 2000 or 2001 and has a triple axle trailer.
MR.P.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/999cove3-med.jpg

HBjet
07-14-2004, 10:50 AM
if you want a boat you can walk all over on.... Shadow!
They build them strong/heavy
A daytona is what I would pick, but it would be a hot rod boat for river racing, not floating because I would want it light (no walking on the bow)
HBjet

HBjet
07-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Petrofied
How about a Tom Papp Phantom 21, I think my brother is still selling his. It's the white with tribal, 468 dart heads 10 1/2 to 1 motor with a single dominator. Runs 89 to 91 I think. I beleive the boat is a 2000 or 2001 and has a triple axle trailer.
MR.P.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/999cove3-med.jpg
Seen that boat a few times in person... very CLEAN!!!!!!!
HBjet

Goodtime$
07-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Thanks HBjet, im just lookin for a bare hull deal now, nothing serious since i took delivery on my new sanger a month ago.
when are we going to be seeing that sprint up at lost lake on saturday nights ?
the 19 shadow is nice, i wish i could find a great deal on a 21, im sure everyone else does too

Mike Schmidt
07-14-2004, 03:33 PM
I have a shadow, and it has been great, no problems. The Shadow is nothing more than a slightly modified Cheyenne dragster. The Daytona's are a lighter boat, but as stated, you don't want to walking around on the bow. Either one you chose, you will be getting a good boat. If you know someone looking for a complete boat, mine is for sale.