Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rushin Roulette

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    I am happy with my Cole....I used to have a Hallet Vector also..loved that one too...By the way..J540..it looks like your motor is set farther back than mine?? How does it handle with all that H.P. Just curious, I am trying to find a way to put a back seat in mine. I do miss the roominess of the Hallet Vector..

VD CRUISER
    Damn that thing is sweet RR. A while back I asked if anyone had any pictures of a Cole V drive 20' or 22' and no one responded. Isn't that a 22' ? Do you know the strut angle or how far the strut barrel is from the transom. The angle and location could have a big effect on the handling. I also would like to see a picture of the transom.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    It is a 20' 6" to be exact.. I am trying to get more pics of the transom area...soon.....thanks

RiverDave
    just wanted to throw in my .02 as well..
    That's a bad ass looking boat you got there!
    RD

WILDERTHANU
    THANX FOR THE 2 CENTS DAVE....

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    Thanks, hopefully she will be back in the water soon.....it's been way too long...

VD CRUISER
    I talked to Jim Cole about these boats a couple of times and he told me he had some out there running really big speeds. He didn't act like there was a handling problem either. That all red is just what I have been thinking about.

RiverDave
    Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
    THANX FOR THE 2 CENTS DAVE....
    don't spend it all in one place.
    RD

J540
    Here are some specs....
    509ci
    50 % gears
    6000 rpm w.o.t.
    6500 rpm out of the hole in second gear
    3-blade prop
    In the past handling was an issue, but with some improvments made to the bottom it is much better. It was a "real handfull" with the blown alky motor back in the day. Unfortuantely it has been down for about 5 years, should be back in the water soon. Looking to try some 2-blade props out. Engine size has been increased to 532ci on the fresh rebuild. I am not sure on the weight, but I do know boat and trailor with half tanks is 4750lbs.
    Mine is 4750lbs with the carb, motor,funny same as yours.
    Mine is
    14-71 hi-helix retro-fit dart 360 heads, CMI BIG Tube 2 1/4prim, 3'' outer, TnD shaft mount rockers, dart block, mearsh (sp?) manifold, buzzard inj, KB, gear drive T400 trans, 45% Vdrive Menkins 11-16 to small (11). precision 11-15 an to small. 112 so far,
    Everything i've heard and seen these boats are a handful over 90 mph.. They like to chine walk "BADLY" and an inexperienced driver could get WET!!! . Now i'm not saying this one does and i'd be curious to hear how it does handle. The boat is a looker
    dont know about this B, at 110 mine still go's straight. and if you look t pics in the sandbar section there are some pic,s of mine at 102 in water that is very rough 2' chop you can see it in the pics. and it handled good, bounce around a bit never chined in, stayed on the tail and kicked ASS. just dont let of the gas, no whirl-a-way. kinda like hit'n the brakes

Done Flippin
    Originally posted by RUSHIN ROULETTE
    Thanks, hopefully she will be back in the water soon.....it's been way too long...
    ROD,
    Its been a while since we have talked, Call my office @ 800/992-4493. We have not seen you this season in Parker. Scott

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast