Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm going to write a letter to General Motors

PHOTOGLOU
    Today, after telling 10's of people there will be no 8.1L or Diesel motor in the Suburban, I am writing a letter to one of the Exec's at GM letting him know there is a need for one (diesel preferred) of these motors....
    What I need from you guys is
    If you are considering or would consider a 3/4 ton Sub your name and Number to send in this letter to show I am not just one person looking for GM to suit JUST my needs....
    Please PM me this information Chris Winn, Chris Gibbons, Scot Conrad, Tommy Gaut are people I know need this BUT I WILL NOT forward anyones info without a PM....
    Thanks Jay 714 552 0300

burtandnancy
    I hope your suggestions can save GM. You may be right about a Duramax in the suburban, but I think they have better motors than the 8.1. The best combo they have is a Duramax and Allison...

al cole'holic
    ..not available for special order either??

sigepmock
    Well you know we'd be interested in it Jay. I sent you a PM with our Info.
    The Mock family.

PHOTOGLOU
    ..not available for special order either??
    As of now NO... GM's position (as I understand it) is. if we can sell all of the diesels we can get in the Silverado.... Why would we give up the truck market to Ford or Dodge and put them in a SUV that will cost us Millions to develop and crash test..... My response is diversify (sp?) diesel will be hitting $4.00 a gallon by 08 with the new laws (concerning particles in the fuel) and people are going to want dual purpose vehicles, and an SUV is more of a dual purpose vehicle than a Silverado....

Partycattin
    I wanted a diesel in a suburbaban for a while. I kept going to the dealership and they just sighed as stated that "GM says it will be out next year". I guess they had heard this from GM for a while.
    I looked for a clean mid 90's sub with a diesel and they all had close to 200000 miles.
    So I got tired of waiting a bought an Excursion w/ a diesel. I prefer Chevy products but had no other choice.

OGShocker
    Today, after telling 10's of people there will be no 8.1L or Diesel motor in the Suburban, I am writing a letter to one of the Exec's at GM letting him know there is a need for one (diesel preferred) of these motors....
    What I need from you guys is
    If you are considering or would consider a 3/4 ton Sub your name and Number to send in this letter to show I am not just one person looking for GM to suit JUST my needs....
    Please PM me this information Chris Winn, Chris Gibbons, Scot Conrad, Tommy Gaut are people I know need this BUT I WILL NOT forward anyones info without a PM....
    Thanks Jay 714 552 0300
    Sending my name and phone number in now!
    Thank you for working on this, Jay. About time someone has the balls to stand up to the MAN!
    Mark

OGShocker
    I wanted a diesel in a suburbaban for a while. I kept going to the dealership and they just sighed as stated that "GM says it will be out next year". I guess they had heard this from GM for a while.
    I looked for a clean mid 90's sub with a diesel and they all had close to 200000 miles.
    So I got tired of waiting a bought an Excursion w/ a diesel. I prefer Chevy products but had no other choice.
    TRAITOR!!! :rollside:

Cole Trickle
    I have always been a truck guy but riding in the back of your Burban with 2 TV's was pretty pimp.
    In fact there was only 3 things missing.......
    Allison
    Duramax
    Better Brakes
    I would put my name on the list.

Phat Daddy
    PM sent

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast