Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portland poker run

HP350SC
    So there I was following the pace boat. There's a DCB F 34 w/2000+ hp on one side of me, a 32 Spectre, 35 Fountain and a dozen other various cats. The flag drops and my foot is on the floor I opened up a HUGE ass lead as we headed under several bridges. Maintained it for 2 miles or so. Running about 110mph around the bend under the last bridge before the wide straight away with all the 120+ mph boats gaining and damn! Commercial ship in middle and way too rough water conditions for my little Stoker I back it down to 30mph to negotiate the wake, 20 seconds elapse and all the big boats fly on by. I had 2 minutes of the greatest feeling there is, being out front and on top of the world
    After second card stop, heading down Columbia we are at top speed and OH NO. BIG black thanksgiving sized bird directly in front and no time to avoid it. Poor goose didn't know what hit him:frown: Actually broke my intercooler pick up off transom. Luckily he did not have time to try to fly away as it could have taken my head off.
    So with no intercooler for final third of run, we averaged 80mph for 80 miles. Not too shabby for a little puddle jumper.
    My 16 year old was fortunate enough to ride with John in his 31 Warlock. Sipping soda at 127 mph. His wife actually went down into the cabin and read the map at 110mph. My son could not stop talking about his ride Many thanks to John for sharing his ride with an impressionable teenage kid. Future Hot Boater for sure now. Also thanks to Tim and Ruby for organizing this awesome event. Additional thanks to beer truck for supplying the helicopter.
    Mike Devries(sp) in his awesome 34 DCB took King of the river trophy. Made his trip up from AZ. worthwhile
    This is one bitchen poker run, and if you do it once you will be back!

P P R
    Thanks Mike !

Rock-it man
    You guys make me SICK !!!!! here I am with a broken boat and I have to listen to all this !!!!!!! Just remember I never get even (I GET AHEAD !!!!!!!!!!) I'll have a little suprise for ya all next year so enjoy yourself while you can.
    Update : Going to Weisman this week for the new bullit proof drive to be put on ,should be on the water by the end of next week for testing, gotta get this thing dialed in for the attempt at 150 mph at Havasu Oct 1-2 . Will be at Billy Chinnock to give Ruby her 100 mph ride and just play a little. so see ya on the water soon !!!!

HP350SC
    I'm looking forward to the poker run at Billy Chinook. Should be ideal conditions for me as I can accelerate and turn quick. How do you think that weisman drive will turn? Is there more, or less skeg than the 4X4 had? Glad to hear your heading down to get your boat completed.

fourspeednup
    hp350sc, you have the same model boat as jackpunx right?
    What are you running for power+with what prop, gears, etc...

HP350SC
    I have the 22 and Jackpunx has the 22.4. Same motor except heads and cam. 1:26 gears w/non labbed 30 B1 at 5500 rpm. I am running 100 LL and 9 lbs. boost.
    3 or 4 boats would have caught me by the first card stop, even if the water was calmer. But man did that hole shot feel good With the Stoker hull and the Whipple "pull", it makes a great combination in a 22' boat. Especially with the Maxmachineworx drive allowing me to squeeze every ounce of performance. I am in this boat $51K now so that is it. At some point you know you have exceeded what you can realistically get on resale.

fourspeednup
    Cool....those stokers are bitchen rides for sure

hulshot
    Hp I am still looking for a stoker??? Are you selling yours yet??
    So are you the one I will have to try to out run or are ther other hard running stokers out there?? I will have to try hard to outrun you.. I love that boat......

HP350SC
    Something tells me Jackpunx would probably clip me top end....better heads and cam has got to be good for a few mph. Only advantage I may have is carb. and outdrive lower. He could up his boost too and get more power. Next up for me is getting prop labbed at Bronson. I possibly would sell at end of our season up here, which is late Sept.

hulshot
    HP keep me informed about you boat. I would not start a boat until about then anyway, I need time to get the motor done. What are you going to get if you sell???

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast