Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help with a Taylor

Taylorman
    are ya sure all taylors had an e or f pump ? I've seen a few of the earlier ones with a jc.
    Oldbucks Taylor has a Jaccuzi pump in it.

taylormanss
    Oh Really!

SmokinLowriderSS
    The "E" pump was straight, the "F" has the factory diverter.
    I am not entirtely certain if ALL the Taylor's (especially older ones) came with the insert Berk (E or F) I am pretty certain all the later ones did. I have been unable to find a "release history" dating the berk drives development. I'm sure, just like everything else, prices made demands just as customers did.
    I was at Broken Bow the last weekend of June, but was unable to get together with any of the Taylor Owner's Club any other trips. I stayed dry and home 4July and Labor Day weekend was spent sipping suds while anchored on ElDorado Lake near home. Damn the $3.50/gal unleaded. We only had tube riders a while Sat afternoon. I was on Texoma the last weekend of July with friends from the BABC board (Boating ABC's) for the 2nd year running.
    Tons of Taylor's right here, SS's, SJ's, SD's, SSD's, LP's, I think we have at least 1 of everything: The Taylor Boats Roost message board, home of the Taylor Owner's Club.
    http://p208.ezboard.com/bthetaylorboatsroost52059
    Check out the Member's rides section as well as the History section. We even caught up with Roger Taylor himself.

shootingstar72683
    i'll email ya a pic of my sc taylor,it's ugly as hell!but that thing rode on a cloud. :cry:
    You said that 92 was the last, what's the first year? Are all the bottoms basicly the same on all Taylors, a deep V?

shootingstar72683
    I am not entirtely certain if ALL the Taylor's (especially older ones) came with the insert Berk (E or F) I am pretty certain all the later ones did. I have been unable to find a "release history" dating the berk drives development. I'm sure, just like everything else, prices made demands just as customers did.
    I was at Broken Bow the last weekend of June, but was unable to get together with any of the Taylor Owner's Club any other trips. I stayed dry and home 4July and Labor Day weekend was spent sipping suds while anchored on ElDorado Lake near home. Damn the $3.50/gal unleaded. We only had tube riders a while Sat afternoon. I was on Texoma the last weekend of July with friends from the BABC board (Boating ABC's) for the 2nd year running.
    Tons of Taylor's right here, SS's, SJ's, SD's, SSD's, LP's, I think we have at least 1 of everything: The Taylor Boats Roost message board, home of the Taylor Owner's Club.
    Check out the Member's rides section as well as the History section. We even caught up with Roger Taylor himself.
    Tanks for the web page, I'm going to go over there right now fer a short.

Klass Klown
    I had an old Hondo Tdeck jet boat which my father as well purchased new. After several pump mods. I was out killin the local T deck runner bottom flats in or around central Virginaia back in the 90's. This boat with a destroked 498 BBC would run 96 m.p.h all day long and quick..

taylormanss
    there's gonna be a get together on texoma on memorial day weekend,go over to texas***boats.com . there's gonna be a few jets from texas and a few from a jetboat club out of OKC.

IMPATIENT 1
    You said that 92 was the last, what's the first year? Are all the bottoms basicly the same on all Taylors, a deep V?
    I'M REALLY NOT SURE WHAT YR THEY QUIT MAKIN THE TAYLOR BOATS. SOMEONE ON THE TAYLOR EZBOARD SITE CAN ANSWER THAT ONE BETTER FOR YA GARY. I KNOW A 78 SS AND A 78 SJ HAVE THE SAME BOTTOMS ,JUST DIFFERENT TOPS. INTERIOR ON MOST TAYLORS ARE BASICALLT THE SAME DESIGN TOO.
    GARY, YOU GET A CHANCE TO LOOK AT YOUR IMPELLOR?HOW'D IT LOOK?

Duane HTP
    Some of the early boats came with WJ Jacizzi's, but Oscar Taylor usually always used E Series pumps ( or F), in his boats. They were much cheaper, (E Series Pump = Economy Series Pump ), because they cost a lot less and gave more room inside the boat. But, I special ordered several with the JC or JG pumps. So there are some out there with just about every kind of pump.
    E & F pumps were the factory run of the mill deal. The Snoot was originally designed for the Taylor boats. It is what we ended up with to take the porpoise out of the ones that had that problem. It works. Finding out that it made them and a lot of the other boats go faster was just an accidential plus.

shootingstar72683
    I'M REALLY NOT SURE WHAT YR THEY QUIT MAKIN THE TAYLOR BOATS. SOMEONE ON THE TAYLOR EZBOARD SITE CAN ANSWER THAT ONE BETTER FOR YA GARY. I KNOW A 78 SS AND A 78 SJ HAVE THE SAME BOTTOMS ,JUST DIFFERENT TOPS. INTERIOR ON MOST TAYLORS ARE BASICALLT THE SAME DESIGN TOO.
    GARY, YOU GET A CHANCE TO LOOK AT YOUR IMPELLOR?HOW'D IT LOOK?
    I'm going to pull the cover off today. The wind has been blowin on top the mtn.,not hav'n a garage-shop anymore is rough at my age. Does this hook-up have u-joints connected to the flywheel like the 12jc pumps? The only way to feel for play is through the inspection cover? Is the impella the only place the jet can be losing speed?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast