Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is the best impeller

cook1
    Whats the best impeller besides the precision dynamics.This is for a river race boat running in the fx class. We just broke our brian clement steel unit. I know there may be some tuffer ones out there bust do they work as good.

toad polumsky
    The AT 17-4 PH stainless is a very good impeller. It retails for 999 dollars. It is the same impeller that is used by D. Longfellow, C Thompson, R Sundberg, and several other river racers.

canuck1
    The Clements are good for playing, but the AT or berk will suit you better

75spectra
    I can atest to the supreme quality of AT's stainless, I just changed my Berk "A" stainless to AT's 9.5 inch stainless and the performance is superb!! Five stars to American Turbine!! They have completly changed the performance of my boat to almost sterndrive performance! OOHRah.......

Aluminum Squirt
    Cook1, check your PM's-Aluminum Squirt

LVjetboy
    "I can atest to the supreme quality of AT's stainless, I just changed my Berk "A" stainless to AT's 9.5 inch stainless and the performance is superb!! Five stars to American Turbine!! They have completly changed the performance of my boat to almost sterndrive performance! OOHRah....
    I'm curious how your performance changed?
    jer

75spectra
    Before the change, my cruise rpm was 3500 rpm at 30 mph and a top speed of 72 mph. I changed the impeller and the bowl to fit that large impeller and of course the transom housing is diffrent to for the larger bowl. Anyway the results were awesome! Now at the same cruise rpm of 3500 the boat now goes 42 mph! And my top speed increased to 81 mph! If I slow the boat down to my normal cruise speed of 30 mph my engine only turns 2800 rpm, thats great for just running around and saving fuel....
    I would swear by that AT stuff it really impressed me and the ressults are there too!!

My new Cheyenne has a 9.5 inch AT impellor with a single carb BBF. 3700 rpm is about 60 mph. 5200 = 90 mph and 5600-5700 is 105 mph. I love it. it is aluminum but i think it will live at those modest rpms.

mud duck
    How do you know exactly which impeller to buy? I just looked up on the AT web site and found a whole bunch of options (most were $999). I believe I have the Dominator 12-S pump, currently loaded with an Aggressor A aluminum alloy impeller and a loader grate. However, I recently upped my horse power from about 440 to about 650 with a new engine. But I have not done anything to my pump yet this summer. Anyone have an opinion?

SPECTRABRENT
    75Spectra,
    I do like those #'s that you are getting from the AT impeller & bowl.
    What kind of HP are you getting out of your 454?
    Is your pump setback & have you done any work to the bottom?
    I may go with the AT impeller & bowl setup for my Spectra 20. I will be running a 565 with 10/71. Do you have a Don's impeller loader?
    Thanks,
    Brent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast