Thread: Need A RV Guy In Parker

Dawn Patrol
    Does anyone know a RV Guy to do some electrical work on an air conditioner? I had a second A/C added to my toyhauler, the only problem they hooked up a second electrical cord which is Great, except at Emerald Cove, each site only has one 30 amp outlet.
    Any info would be appreciated.
    AL

572Daytona
    I don't know about RV's but if it is anything like a boat's shore power coudln't you just get a Y adapter such as this?
    http://www.westmarine.com/images/full/04853_f.jpg

Dawn Patrol
    572Daytona,
    That is a Very easy solution, Thanks! I can't believe I didn't think of that.

572Daytona
    Simple but not necessarily cheap. They want $279.99 for that adapter at West Marine It may be cheaper to hire an electrician.

phebus
    Shoot, make your own. Go to Home Depot and buy the plug ends, a little wire, and a junction box. Couldn't be very hard.

mtndewdrops
    Dan's RV does good work, and he is mobile!
    At Emerald Cove, when my circuit breaker kept tripping, he moved it within the panel to get the A/C breaker away from the main breaker. This solved my problem. I don't know why most mfg's locate the two largest amp circuit breakers next to each other when they can heat up. The best solution is to have the main at one end and the A/C on on the other.
    Also, I think if you attempt to run both A/Cs with an adapter like that you will trip the breaker at the hook-up on the site. Stick with just one at a time and alternate.