Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: **** NUKES found in Iraq *****

carbonmarine
    Seems early, but here the initial report....
    ***Nuclear arms reportedly found in Iraq ***
    Baghdad, Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- Iraqi security reportedly discovered three missiles carrying nuclear heads concealed in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad, official sources said Wednesday.
    The official daily al-Sabah quoted the sources as saying the missiles were discovered in trenches near the city of Tikrit, the hometown of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.
    "The three missiles were discovered by chance when the Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear heads," the sources said.
    They pointed out that the missiles were actually discovered in the trenches lying under six meters of concrete and designed in a way to unable sophisticated sensors from discovering nuclear radiation.
    The sources said al-Douri, who is related to former Vice Chairman of the Iraq Revolution Council and Saddam's right-hand man Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, was captured after Iraqi police intercepted an e-mail message in which he set a meeting with another former Baath official.
    The report could not be authenticated by the interior ministry or the national security department, but the paper noted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiar Zibari made a surprise request recently to Mohammed el-Baradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to resume inspections for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Dr. Eagle
    I did a quick look around the news services... where did you pick this up... I couldn't find a thing.

Wally_Gator
    Where was this story published?

Jetdriver
    Cant find anything on it either!

carbonmarine
    United Press......... www.upi.com
    They are a news wire like Associated Press, Reuters, Int'l herald etc...

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    I did a quick look around the news services... where did you pick this up... I couldn't find a thing.
    I'm sure the liberal media is trying to avoid this one if they can. They already claimed victory and stated they are right..."there are no WMDs". This would validate us being in Iraq and put Bush on top. It is the last thing they want.
    OL

Outnumbered
    Drudge has it too...seems everyone is trying to validate before they come out with this. This would be huge news.
    Drudge Report (http://interestalert.com/brand/sitei...r=World%20News)

Outnumbered
    That is a link. Here is the Drudge home page:
    www.drudgereport.com

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast