Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you get the smell of W-D40 out!!!!!!

Stupid Fast
    The other night someone got int my truck and my neibors car. They stole some piddly Items (did not touch the stereo thank god)
    and let off a fire extingisher all over, but the thing that sucks is that they sprayed something that smells like WD-40 in the cab of my truck and I cant get rid of the fricking smell!!!
    Any sugestions? (cloth seats)

Jrocket
    Covers finger prints,rookie theives! Your gonna need to use some simple green(diluted) with water and clean as much as you can.Then lots of fabreze fabric cleaner/air freshener should help it out.

Dr. Eagle
    A good aeromatic FART ought to take care of it!

WaTchTheGelCoat
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    A good aeromatic FART ought to take care of it!
    HELL YEA!

MagicMtnDan
    Seinfeld Quotes from "THE SMELLY CAR"
    "You don't understand what I'm up against. This is a force more powerful than anything you can imagine. Even Superman would be helpless against this kind of stench."
    - Jerry, describing the B.O. smell in his car, in "The Smelly Car"
    "What am I... hard of smelling?"
    - Elaine to Jerry, in "The Smelly Car"
    "So when somebody has B.O., the "O" usually stays with the "B". Once the "B" leaves, the "O" goes with it."
    - Jerry, in "The Smelly Car"
    "I *loooove* horse manure."
    - Elaine, who would rather smell anything other than Jerry's car, in "The Smelly Car"
    "Well, sometimes we do actually have to get up early, but a man will always trade sleep for sex."
    "There should be a B.O. squad that patrols the city like a "Smell Gestapo". To sniff 'em out, strip 'em down, and wash them with a big, soapy brush..."
    "Y'know, the funny thing is, somehow I find her more appealing now... It's like if I knew she was a lesbian when we went out, I never would've broken up with her."
    - George, finding out that his former girlfriend is a lesbian, in "The Smelly Car"
    "I still smell!"
    "You see! You see what I'm saying to you? It's a presence! It's the beast!"
    - Elaine and Jerry, in "The Smelly Car"
    "Amazing! I drive them to lesbianism, and he brings 'em back!"
    - George, on Kramer, in "The Smelly Car"
    "First he vomits on me. Then he burns down my father's cabin. And now he's taken Mona away from me."
    - Susan, George's ex-girlfriend, on Kramer, in "The Smelly Car"

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by Stupid Fast
    The other night someone got int my truck and my neibors car. They stole some piddly Items (did not touch the stereo thank god)
    and let off a fire extingisher all over, but the thing that sucks is that they sprayed something that smells like WD-40 in the cab of my truck and I cant get rid of the fricking smell!!!
    Any sugestions? (cloth seats)
    Have you tried running over a skunk?

Just get a couple relatively fresh cow pies and place them under the front seat for a few days. The WD40 smell won't be an issue any longer.

Stupid Fast
    Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
    Seinfeld Quotes from "THE SMELLY CAR"
    For some reason this does not help......
    You know I have been ripped off before. I can handel that. This is pure vadalism. Do you know what it is like driving with the windows down and it is 90 degrees with 85% humidity and you do not want to run the AC for fear the smell will get sucked in the ducts and never be removable?
    I really may sell this truck. I used super purple.....dish soap...and a shop vac. The problem is that I can not figure out exactly where it was sprayed......I am about to pull the seats.
    I wish they would have just taken the stereo system......

There is scented liquid sold in gallons at good detail supply stores. Put it in a spray bottle and let er rip on the inside of the car. The stuff has a new car scent and works really well.
    That of course would be a secondary choice to the cow pies.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Stupid Fast
    For some reason this does not help......
    You know I have been ripped off before. I can handel that. This is pure vadalism. Do you know what it is like driving with the windows down and it is 90 degrees with 85% humidity and you do not want to run the AC for fear the smell will get sucked in the ducts and never be removable?
    I really may sell this truck. I used super purple.....dish soap...and a shop vac. The problem is that I can not figure out exactly where it was sprayed......I am about to pull the seats.
    I wish they would have just taken the stereo system......
    I'd say take it to a detailer and have them steam clean the seats. Then head to the WAL Mart and get some of those little underseat smelee things that look like colored rock salt. That should take care of your issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast