Thread: Home A/C Question...........

Rod-64
    My parent's 2 yr old A/C compressor went out but was under warrany. They charged $600 for relacement labor. Sounds kind of steep. Anyone here do this type of work? Is this a normal charge?
    Thanks.

ROZ
    Originally posted by Rod-64
    My parent's 2 yr old A/C compressor went out but was under warrany. They charged $600 for relacement labor. Sounds kind of steep. Anyone here do this type of work? Is this a normal charge?
    Thanks.
    Contact trailer park casanova or Hal .....

jas0502
    I am a controller for a hvac contractor and that is about right. It is about a 4 hr job. The freon needs to be reclaimed and then the unit recharged after compressor change out. There are also some misc parts involved.

AZmike
    I use to do commercial a/c, and Jas is right it takes a couple hours especially to reclaim freon, re-solder the freon lines and charge the unit, thats of course you don't have any issues.. At least the cool now though

LASERRAY
    That seems a little high. It should be about 1/3 the cost of the job had the compressor had been out of warranty. Usually $1000.00 or more. Some manufactures warrant the compressor for 5, 7 or ten years, part only. Labor, additional parts etc. extra.