Thread: Landlock towable surfboards........

clownpuncher
    Has anyone ever tried these? Landlock towables (http://gettommys.com/customer/home.php?cat=277) Landlock towable
    My knees are getting old, along with the rest of my worn out body, and was looking at these in a shop in Parker. The young guy at the store showed me a video of some guys riding them. Looked fun and relativley easy.

Powerquestboy
    Fun as hell I loved it. You need a big wake and can only go about 10 mph but I had a blast. When you get in the grove you toss the rope in the boat and surf away. A little tricky to get up on but once you get it figured out its great. If you want to give it a whirl rent one or take the boots off your wakeboard and try it. Its way better with an actual surf board but you'll get the idea with the wakeboard without having to spend $300 bucks

summerlove
    Haven't tried those, buut my daughters ride a wake skate, similar to a wake board, 2/3 the size, and NO bindings! I can't even imagine tring to get up on one of those things...

ROZ
    Originally posted by Powerquestboy
    Fun as hell I loved it. You need a big wake and can only go about 10 mph but I had a blast. When you get in the grove you toss the rope in the boat and surf away. A little tricky to get up on but once you get it figured out its great. If you want to give it a whirl rent one or take the boots off your wakeboard and try it. Its way better with an actual surf board but you'll get the idea with the wakeboard without having to spend $300 bucks
    So once you get going you ditch the rope and ride the wake? How far can this be done? Sounds like fun! ANyone have video of this?

clownpuncher
    Originally posted by ROZ
    So once you get going you ditch the rope and ride the wake? How far can this be done? Sounds like fun! ANyone have video of this?
    If you ever go to Parker, go to the beach store near Bashs. They have video in there. The cool thing about these things are
    1 - No bindings
    2 - Low boat speed
    3 - Relatively easy starts, so I'm told
    4 - No tow rope necessary. You just ride the wake.
    5 - Lower start up cost than wakeboards. You can get a good board for around 200-300 dollars. My buddies have wakeboards that cost almost a thousand bucks when all is said and done.
    6 - You CAN do some pretty good tricks on em too.
    In the video you'll see one guy standing on the rear deck of a boat that is going about 10-15 mph. When he decides he wants to ride he throws himself and the board onto a wake about 10 feet behind the boat. He lands FEET FIRST on teh thing and starts surfing the wake - no rope, ever. I couldn't believe the skill. I made the poor kid play that part over a few times for me.
    I'm thinking I need one.

Powerquestboy
    We start in the water scrunched up in a ball and had the boat tow us up. The board is balanced under the water and when the boat starts to move with the tip up a little the water pressure holds your feet againts the board and you rise to the surface. Once you get in a good groove you can toss the rope and surf.
    The only kicker is in in order to drop the rope you need a lot of weight in the boat and a big wake. We had a 25 foot malibu with the Wedge down and 6 guys on one side of the boat to make the wake bigger on that side. a lot of these guys have lead plates in their boats for extra weight.

XtrmWakeborder
    I saw this guy tearin it up 2 weeks ago at parker doin this on a wakeboard boat with a pirate flag on the tower "i think the flag was blue". The guy had a huge wake though so it prolly made it easier....ill stick to wakeboarding